Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

Hi all, new here. I've searched and seen a lot about CCL waiting times, but would anyone know what the current FOID waiting times have been like lately (or can point me to a thread discussing those)? I applied about 10 days ago and I've been at "SUBMITTED" for the past week, I've heard of people taking about 6-11 days to go QC_VERIFIED though (and if it would be concerning if it takes longer than this). Thanks!

No prints 89 days until card in hand.

I think Illini2A312 was asking about FOID wait times. I think mine took 33 days start to finish this time last year.

Hi all, new here. I've searched and seen a lot about CCL waiting times, but would anyone know what the current FOID waiting times have been like lately (or can point me to a thread discussing those)? I applied about 10 days ago and I've been at "SUBMITTED" for the past week, I've heard of people taking about 6-11 days to go QC_VERIFIED though (and if it would be concerning if it takes longer than this). Thanks!

No prints 89 days until card in hand.

I think Illini2A312 was asking about FOID wait times. I think mine took 33 days start to finish this time last year.

Thanks, this was helpful. I honestly wonder if it's possible it could take a bit longer due to the current state of things though (especially with all the new bills up for consideration). Do you remember by any chance how long it took for QC_VERIFIED/APPROVED?

I think I went QC verified within the first few days. Here's the rest of my timeline:

I applied on April 8, went approved/issued on May 3, I received it May 10.

Thanks, I really hope there isn't an issue (changed DL address/got new DL just before applying so I've been wondering about this). Also, should it take > 30 days, any idea who I can contact to move the process along if talking to a state rep isn't an option (I live in the city and all but 1 are Dem's)?

Once active, cards still have to get printed. Then they get sorted and batched for delivery to the PO who then has to get them transported and delivered. I would assume the closer you are to Springfield the sooner you get it.

The ISP is probably going to tell you 2-4 weeks, but I would assume around 7-10 days.

Interested, thank you. I didn't realize that was the timeline. I was under the impression that "Active" was synonymous with "in the mail"

Its all a little murky as they dont discuss these or the process with them that I have seen. I dont know what printer they have

or how automated but if it shares FOID and CCL it probably has different runs which require loading stock, does it auto stuff envelopes or is it manual, etc? It probably just isnt as streamlined as we would like or it could be.

Submitted w/o prints: 1/16/18

QC Verified: 3/26/18 (Day 69)

Update:

Approved: 4/16/18 (Day 90)

Active: 4/26/18 (Day 100)

Hopefully I'll see it before the month is out.

In hand: 5/4 (Day 108)

I guess I didn't specify which month..lol Glad to finally have it.

To rub a little salt in an open wound, my best friend in Indiana applied for his CCW last Friday and had it in hand today as well.

Hi folks,

So I’ve pretty much read through every page to try to find an answer for my question. When using the inspect element option. Which display are you all going by? The big window on the left or the small one on the right? I applied W/O prints 2/26. A few days ago I checked and it showed rejected due to address requirements not being met (I know I filled it out right) anyhow fixed that sent in the fix. I was down in El Paso today so I went ahead and got fingerprinted by an approved vendor. The images i attached have shown this for a while and I don’t know what to make of it. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

416da8ccdb13e9439e9c602488eec975.jpg964f131d1dd8f5f53f662988ec417dac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faster than expected :)

3/17/18 - Applied (without prints)

4/12/18 - Submitted Prints (yes I added them about a month later)

4/16/18 - QC Verified

5/10/18 - Approved

5/11/18 - Active

5/15/18 - In Hand

I also was surprised it went active 1 day after approval.

What county? Im in Will, applied Feb 11th and still under review ( approved using Inspect about 20 days ago.) Today is my 98th day waiting.

For FOID, is the deadline still 30 days after submission date or 30 days after payment clearance? Submitted 4/21, went "APPROVED" last week Monday (payment cleared on 4/23).

(430 ILCS 65/5) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-5)

Sec. 5. The Department of State Police shall either approve or deny all applications within 30 days from the date they are received, and every applicant found qualified under Section 8 of this Act by the Department shall be entitled to a Firearm Owner's Identification Card upon the payment of a $10 fee.

I could be wrong and not sure of status, but wasnt there a recent bill proposing a change to 60 days for better background checking?

For FOID, is the deadline still 30 days after submission date or 30 days after payment clearance? Submitted 4/21, went "APPROVED" last week Monday (payment cleared on 4/23).

Sec. 5. The Department of State Police shall either approve or deny all applications within 30 days from the date they are received, and every applicant found qualified under Section 8 of this Act by the Department shall be entitled to a Firearm Owner's Identification Card upon the payment of a $10 fee.

I could be wrong and not sure of status, but wasnt there a recent bill proposing a change to 60 days for better background checking?

Thanks, I'll probably reach out to Molly B if nothing changes by the end of the week. I really hope it doesn't come down to having to call state reps as I hear has been the case in the past.

Would you happen to know the bill # by any chance? Didn't see anything about it in the Illinois Politics forum.

Thanks, I'll probably reach out to Molly B if nothing changes by the end of the week. I really hope it doesn't come down to having to call state reps as I hear has been the case in the past.

Would you happen to know the bill # by any chance? Didn't see anything about it in the Illinois Politics forum.

I would have to look for it but I should not have mentioned it. It's not a law as of now so you are still operating under current 30 day guidelines.

edit HB4855 FOID Renewal & Suspension

Synopsis As Introduced

..."Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Defines "patient" for purposes of the Act. Provides that renewal applications shall be approved or denied within 60 business days, provided the applicant submitted his or her renewal application prior to the expiration of his or her Firearm Owner's Identification Card"...

Faster than expected :)

3/17/18 - Applied (without prints)

4/12/18 - Submitted Prints (yes I added them about a month later)

4/16/18 - QC Verified

5/10/18 - Approved

5/11/18 - Active

5/15/18 - In Hand

I also was surprised it went active 1 day after approval.

What county? Im in Will, applied Feb 11th and still under review ( approved using Inspect about 20 days ago.) Today is my 98th day waiting.

Cook County here.

Archived