Michigan 2nd Amendment March -what a contrast to IGOLD!

Indigo

I can hardly believe the difference in how they are treated by the State of Michigan, as opposed to how Illinois treats us at IGOLD. No long lines where you have to go through the metal detectors and take off your belt, and only 6 Michigan State Troopers for crowd control. I don't know what kind of turnout they get for this event or what their normal security arrangements are, but we have more than 6 Capitol Police on the doors on an ordinary day.

This announcement was made by the Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners (MCRGO) :

**************************************************************************************************************************************

The 2014 Second Amendment March will be held tomorrow, April 29 at the Michigan State Capitol from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. A procession of gun owners will take place beginning at 9;45 am from the intersection of Michigan and Pennsylvania Avenues and proceed to the Capitol lawn. The event will feature a tent with booths and pro-Second Amendment speakers and elected officials. Carry is welcome on the Capitol lawn, in the Capitol Building and in legislative office buildings.

Here is the list of speakers for tomorrows event (please note that speaking times are approximate and schedules are subject to change):

10:00:00 AM Skip Coryell (Second Amendment March)-Welcome
10:15:00 AM Rep. Andrea LaFontaine
10:30:00 AM Sen. Mike Green
10:45:00 AM Asst. AG Alan Cropsey
11:00:00 AM Rick Ector (Keynote)
11:15:00 AM Rick Ector (Keynote)
11:30:00 AM Sen. Tonya Schuitmaker
11:45:00 AM Sen. Dave Hildenbrand
12:00:00 PM Rep. Charles Brunner
12:15:00 PM Rep. Gail Haines
12:30:00 PM Sen. Arlan Meekhoff
12:45:00 PM Comms. Brad Benzing
01:00:00 PM Tom Lambert-MOC
01:15:00 PM Jim Makowski-MGO
01:30:00 PM Steve Dulan-MCRGO
01:45:00 PM Sen. Tom Casperson

Michigan State Police Capitol Security have reached out to MCRGO in advance of the April 29 Second Amendment March to let us know that they will have six troopers on hand to assist us and the general public at the March. They ask that people openly carrying long guns be careful while inside the Capitol to avoid dinging the restoration work on the walls and switch to a muzzle up position while in the viewing galleries over the House and Senate. They would also like us to be vigilant of and report to one of the troopers anyone seen handling firearms at the event. Concealed (with a CPL) and open carry is welcome both outside and inside the Michigan Capitol and legislative office buildings. Firearms should remain holstered and/or on a sling. (Emphasis added)

That's because the State Government in Michigan is not an authoritarian regime that views freedom, personal choice, and those who value them as a threat.

Wow, carry in government buildings welcomed!

Unlike Illinois, where everything is bass ackwards.

Wow... Just wow.

A few requests for safety versus "Don't even look at the capitol building while carrying" in Illinois.

Oh, well. I just keep thinking "Baby steps" to myself.

<quote>

BIGDEESUL

Give it a few years. Lol

</quote>

I do believe our day will come, 30 or so years from now http://www.animateit.net/data/media/august2009/th_hiding.gif

In the meantime, I have also carried (lawfully) in ... ... ... wait for it ... ... ...

A POLICE STATION :o

Yet another thing that will not happen (at least lawfully) in IL for quite some time to come I'm sure. Even though I'm hoping it's one of the things that changes sooner than later (why should I have to disarm just because I have to walk into city hall, or a police department?)!

One can hope, one can hope!

Wow, carry in government buildings welcomed!

Unlike Illinois, where everything is bass ackwards.

Well looking at the Michigan page at handgunlaw.us , I find that sports arenas and stadiums are CPZs, as are hospitals. Also you must immediately tell a LEO if stopped if you are carrying. There is a fine and 6 month revocation of your license if you don't. Also just handing your LTC to the LEO with your drivers license apparently isn't enough, a motorist went to court over that and was found guilty of failure to notify since it was 40 seconds after he stopped before the LEO got his LTC. So maybe the thing to do is yell out "I have a license to carry I am armed!" when stopped, as the LEO approaches your car. I prefer Illinois law that says we must notify if asked! Also Michigan doesn't recognize any non-resident LTC from the states they recognize. Looks like they've got some things to work on too

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say that no one went on a shooting rampage while carrying there. I mean, it's what all lawful gun owners are going to do, right? Hence all the hullabaloo about keeping us restricted?

Don't be silly. Guns go off by themselves, that's why they are dangerous and we shouldn't allow them on public transport, or in parks. They could go off at any second ! Unless it's a cop's gun.

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say that no one went on a shooting rampage while carrying there. I mean, it's what all lawful gun owners are going to do, right? Hence all the hullabaloo about keeping us restricted?

Don't be silly. Guns go off by themselves, that's why they are dangerous and we shouldn't allow them on public transport, or in parks. They could go off at any second ! Unless it's a cop's gun.

Cops gun don't go off by themselves because they wear those fancy electronic braclets!

Archived