Illinois State Police procedure to be followed once you take your 3 hour renewal course

HankG

I have not logged in since 2014 and am running into the same situation.

Im trying to register a new account with a different email. When I started the new registration I typed in my old user ID and a warning appeared stating “that ID is already registered”. So I wrote in a different User ID.

Everyone needs to be aware that ISP's web system completely changed in 2015, and all old username/password registrations were lost.

Anyone who applied with the old system (if you had to get the digital signature and use Java, that was the old site), you start over again as a new registration.

I recently went through this to get on to the new system, and did a new registration using my same user ID as I'd used before, and had no problems.

It sounds like their system may not handle the error condition correctly if you try to reset the password with an unregistered user ID or email.

My ccl expires 2-28-19. Renewal class is scheduled for end of January.

I’m trying to get my log in straightened out so I can submit as soon as the class is taken.

Supposedly as long as you get your application in before the expiration date, you will stay active until the new license is issued.

I have not logged in since 2014 and am running into the same situation.Im trying to register a new account with a different email. When I started the new registration I typed in my old user ID and a warning appeared stating “that ID is already registered”. So I wrote in a different User ID.

Everyone needs to be aware that ISP's web system completely changed in 2015, and all old username/password registrations were lost.Anyone who applied with the old system (if you had to get the digital signature and use Java, that was the old site), you start over again as a new registration.I recently went through this to get on to the new system, and did a new registration using my same user ID as I'd used before, and had no problems.It sounds like their system may not handle the error condition correctly if you try to reset the password with an unregistered user ID or email.

My ccl expires 2-28-19. Renewal class is scheduled for end of January.I’m trying to get my log in straightened out so I can submit as soon as the class is taken.

Supposedly as long as you get your application in before the expiration date, you will stay active until the new license is issued.

Last night I was able to create a new registration. I did successfully use a different user ID and different email than before. After new registration, I was able to access my dashboard. The dashboard contains all original information including original email address but with my new user ID. Success!

Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can write up a walk through on renewal for those of us that used the old system. And pin it in this subforum.

• 2 weeks later...

Just click on renewal and follow the instructions. Have you new training certificate scanned in and know where it resides on your computer. You will be asked to submit it along with your credit card number etc. Also have an updated photo scanned in and know where it resides on your computer as you will asked to submit it. A good place to have these items on your computer is when scanning in direct them to your Desktop with a file name you will understand like Bill new photo2019 etc. If you submitted prints the 1st time they are still good if not and you wish to submit prints have that info at hand and scanned in also. It's really pretty simple just follow the instructions and good luck,

Archived