Photo

Court Update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

There has been a bevy of activity this week.

Front and center is Wilson v Cook County the challenge to the County’s semi-auto ban. ISRA brief was coordinated by their legal team including Steve Halbrook.

NSSF will be weighing in as will the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Assn.

There should be a brief coming from the NRA and one from a Second Amendment group in MA.

I think there will be a brief from state legislators. And one from the DNR cops.

I think they will compliment each other and do well to present our case.

Now we wait and see what the other side has to say.

There is a hearing on SAF/Illinois Carry case of Moore v. Madigan. Thursday I believe.

We are awaiting for from the Judge in Shepard for that hearing.

As noted before, the gun shop case against Chicago is going to be amended. And there is the case against Norridge.

Lawson v Chicago is up for an admin hearing next week I believe.

Gowder V. Chicago I have to look up it’s status.

The Koren war vet will have a case against Chicago coming up. This will be a state court action.

Bensen v Chicago is still in discovery, and that will close in September I believe.

More to follow….
While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

my posts are moderated due to some butthurt on the part of IC people not liking my comments at times

#2 colt-45

• Members
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Thanks Todd.

#3 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

If I were the antis, I would be thinking right about now that I was getting ready to get my rear end kicked by multiple feet! They are getting barraged from every angle, and that is SUCH a good thing!

United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Firearms Instructor

Defensive Firearms Coach (DFC) 

Fundamentals of Home Defense Handgun

Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 
NRA-Certified Chief Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor
http://www.mlftraining.com
https://www.facebook...ps/mlftraining/

#4 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• Members
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Correct. I'm bringing my 4 SKS rifles into the City for our hearing on Tuesday. I am honored that Andre Queen, of Fidelity Investigative Academy will be an expert witness on my behalf.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.

#5 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Dave -- i'm not going to be able to make it as I have a staff meeting then.

but for all thats going on...this seems fitting if one of the techies would like to embed I would be grateful

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXN4zAKRvVo

Edited by pyre400, 30 July 2011 - 08:48 PM.
embedded youtube

While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

my posts are moderated due to some butthurt on the part of IC people not liking my comments at times

#6 bob

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

If I were the antis, I would be thinking right about now that I was getting ready to get my rear end kicked by multiple feet! They are getting barraged from every angle, and that is SUCH a good thing!

And they do not seem to have adjusted to that reality one bit. You would think they would realize the arguments thay have been making have failed and come up with something new. But they seem unable to do anything but regurgitate the same losing arguments over and over again.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The opinions expressed by this poster do not reflect the official stance of Illinois Carry. Apparently there was some confusion on the part of at least one person that it does, and I want to make things clear that my opinion is my own and that whatever the official stance of IC is or is not at present, it may or may not reflect my own opinion.

http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

#7 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

And they do not seem to have adjusted to that reality one bit. You would think they would realize the arguments thay have been making have failed and come up with something new. But they seem unable to do anything but regurgitate the same losing arguments over and over again.

This is actually what most liberals do. Because they are so smart, there is no way they could ever be wrong about anything. So, when they fail, it always has to be because the system is flawed, someone is cheating, or they must be some oppressed group who never gets a fair shake. One thing is for sure, it is never because their ideas are wrong.

United States Concealed Carry Association Certified Firearms Instructor

Defensive Firearms Coach (DFC) 

Fundamentals of Home Defense Handgun

Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 
NRA-Certified Chief Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor
http://www.mlftraining.com
https://www.facebook...ps/mlftraining/

#8 Don Gwinn

President, SCRA

• 2,683 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

"Liberals" do tend to make those excuses a lot. The only people I've noticed making those excuses as much are "conservatives."
Also all the other ones . . . .
:thumbsup:

________________________________________________________________________________

Illinois Gun Owners' Lobbying Day

March 5, 2014

Be there or everyone will see that you have four equal sides and four 90-degree angles!

________________________________________________________________________________

#9 Sigma

• Members
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

The Korean vet is suing Chicago? Why? Did the charge him with anything? Or because they won't return his firearm?
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#10 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,122 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

It comes from the years of experience in owning the Illinois courts... If the justices ignore the facts, they can argue any reason they want. Good to see it continuing to turn around

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#11 Ashes

That Guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

The Korean vet is suing Chicago? Why? Did the charge him with anything? Or because they won't return his firearm?

+1 I'd like to know too.

#12 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Correct. I'm bringing my 4 SKS rifles into the City for our hearing on Tuesday. I am honored that Andre Queen, of Fidelity Investigative Academy will be an expert witness on my behalf.

Any news?
Have all boated who fish?

#13 Federal Farmer

David Lawson

• Members
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Any news?

http://illinoiscarry...ndpost&p=285320

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men [and women] stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

--George Orwell

-- Certified something-or-other by various organizations and governmental entities.