Shooting Qualification for License To Carry

AuroraInstructor

I just managed to read through the entire thread.....lots of good thoughts.....I wonder what everyone thinks of the qualification test in the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Course....18 of 20 shots at an 8.5x11 target with a maximum 6" spread on the group at 15 yards. Personally, I would have no problem with that type of a standard for the test..though obviously whatever the ISP requires is what I will do.

My own preference for home defense is my SCAR 17 with an Elcan SpecterIR SP50Bso I know with certainty what I am shooting at. Thankfully all of my walls are 18" of rebarred concrete so I am not worried about over penetration. Me thinks its pretty effective...I don't see a bad guy getting up after a couple of hits from 7.62x51,

15 ft not yrds

I just managed to read through the entire thread.....lots of good thoughts.....I wonder what everyone thinks of the qualification test in the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Course....18 of 20 shots at an 8.5x11 target with a maximum 6" spread on the group at 15 yards. Personally, I would have no problem with that type of a standard for the test..though obviously whatever the ISP requires is what I will do.

My own preference for home defense is my SCAR 17 with an Elcan SpecterIR SP50Bso I know with certainty what I am shooting at. Thankfully all of my walls are 18" of rebarred concrete so I am not worried about over penetration. Me thinks its pretty effective...I don't see a bad guy getting up after a couple of hits from 7.62x51,

15 ft not yrds

I think he was referring to the Basic Pistol INSTRUCTOR Shooting Qualification.

I plan on shooting my Colt government 1911 22cal rail gun to the ccw class. I can hit 30ft center mass all the time. My gun is the one in my avatar. sweet well built gun!

Is that what you will carry as a primary in real life?

No, Its a little bigger than I want for my carry, but I like how I can chamber a round and then just release the hammer so if I needed to use it fast all I would need to do is **** the hammer back and its ready to fire its so accurate!. I plan on carrying something smaller like a sw bodyguard or ruger lcp or berretta nano or something I can put in my pocket.

1911?? it's meant to be carried cocked and locked.

Actually, the qualification is 80% -- which means 16 shots within a 6" spread.

15 ft not yrds

15 yards for the instructor qualification.

Archived