Maryland Gun Confiscation Death

Warped

i said from the start the red flag law is a bad idea.the anti gun nuts are and will continue to take our gun rights away until they are no rights left and they don,it care if legal firearm owners get killed in the process.

The whole thing is touchy.

How many people are blaming LEO's for not taking away weapons from other recent shooters?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

They took away his 1st, 2nd, 5th and 14 Amendment rights and his life for an unconstitutional law passed with money from Bloomberg. For what, thought crimes? Is this still America, what's different between this and what the Gestapo did? How can this law be legal when anyone seeking revenge can get you killed by the police?

i am a law abiding gun owner but i would have a hard time turning my collection over to law inforcement when i have done nothing wrong or illegal.not sure how i would handle it .i hope i never have to find out.they would need to bust the door down at 5 am because i am a heavy sleeper and might not hear them banging on the door.

He initially put the gun down, but picked it back up and then “became irate” at law enforcement when they tried to serve him the order. A struggle began for the gun between Willis and one of the officers at the scene.

If true, this was not a wise move.

i sure hope the officer who did the shooting had a body cam that was turned on.

They took away his 1st, 2nd, 5th and 14 Amendment rights and his life for an unconstitutional law passed with money from Bloomberg. For what, thought crimes? Is this still America, what's different between this and what the Gestapo did? How can this law be legal when anyone seeking revenge can get you killed by the police?

no doubt in my mind this law will be abused more and more as time goes on.the law states that the person filing the complaint can see real trouble if it is found to be untrue,i hope they keep records on the outcome of the trial when it goes in front of a judge.on another note,i wonder how the dead guy,s wife is doing after all this.

Using the tax code to distroy an industry is quite novel. I can think of only one other instance,tobacco, where its used. Govt has used tobacco of centuries as a cash cow only recently turning bipolar on the product. Ammo tax at 1 cent per round may raise some money but at 1 dollar per youre trying to stop its use cold.

no doubt in my mind this law will be abused more and more as time goes on.the law states that the person filing the complaint can see real trouble if it is found to be untrue,i hope they keep records on the outcome of the trial when it goes in front of a judge.on another note,i wonder how the dead guy,s wife is doing after all this.

From the article, reading between the lines, his wife/ex-wife/sister took it out as part of a family squable. EXACTLY the issue with these ex-parte type laws, potential for abuase.

I REALLY hope a law-suit comes out of this, against the law and the State.

This law was made by the antis to be abused and to confiscate as many people's guns as they can under the guise of safety. Same thing with domestic violence laws, they are not meant to protect women but to throw a big net and take as many people's guns away as possible.

If they cared about women's safety they wouldn't tell them to carry a tongue depressor. If they cared about people's safety they wouldn't leave them defenseless. They are happy and don't care if gun owners die as long as Bloomberg's agenda is carried out.

We have the same law in Illinois and the same thing can happen to us.

Governor Rauner should have vetoed it and one of the reasons not all of his supporters voted for him because he tried to please the liberals. This law is unconstitutional on many levels and tyrannical and takes people's rights away with secret evidence. The NRA and SAF should challenge this law in court everywhere and a danger to himself or others can mean anyone without evidence as designed by the anti Constitution people.

"All information in an extreme risk protection order is automatically marked confidential and cannot be released. It takes a court order to unseal the documents. Gun rights advocates along with civil liberty activists have long complained that is easier to get an extreme risk protection order than to find out the reason for the for the order."

• 3 weeks later...

He initially put the gun down, but picked it back up and then “became irate” at law enforcement when they tried to serve him the order. A struggle began for the gun between Willis and one of the officers at the scene.

If true, this was not a wise move.

i sure hope the officer who did the shooting had a body cam that was turned on.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was conveniently "malfunctioning".

Archived