Wisconsin non-resident concealed carry permit?

vito

Is there such a thing as a non-resident concealed carry permit from the state of Wisconsin? I know that my PA non-resident permit it accepted by WI, but I have no doubt that if I ever have to deal with a local WI LEO and are carrying, I will likely be hassled as an IL resident, with a non-resident PA permit, traveling in WI. I thought that if WI issued its own non-resident permit, that would make me feel a lot more secure about carrying while in that state.

I believe there isn't one. I have my Utah permit and on the Wisconsin DOJ website it says:

Any person who is at least 21 years of age, who is not a Wisconsin resident,* and who holds a valid concealed carry license issued by any of the states on DOJ’s list will be recognized in Wisconsin as an out-of-state licensee, per s. 175.60 (1)(g).

And they do specify that they only honor Virginia's non-resident permit on the list so I'm sure they accept both the resident and non-resident of the other states they honor.

I believe there isn't one. I have my Utah permit and on the Wisconsin DOJ website it says:

Any person who is at least 21 years of age, who is not a Wisconsin resident,* and who holds a valid concealed carry license issued by any of the states on DOJ’s list will be recognized in Wisconsin as an out-of-state licensee, per s. 175.60 (1)(g).

And they do specify that they only honor Virginia's non-resident permit on the list so I'm sure they accept both the resident and non-resident of the other states they honor.

I would not bet on WI honoring any permit not listed! They will not honor a Virginia resident permit.

I would not bet on WI honoring any permit not listed! They will not honor a Virginia resident permit.

That's what I was trying to say in my "could be better worded" response. Since they specify only the non-resident is accepted, both res and non-res of the states listed are accepted unless otherwise noted.

Archived