3 Year wait for CCL appeal

Hello all,

Long time reader but this is my 1st post. I have a questions and maybe someone here can lead me in the right direction? I am frustrated with the appeal process as I am sure many here are. So long story short. Got into an altercation with step-son due to his immaturity. He calls police, I get arrested for domestic battery, do diversion program (nice way of saying probation), do the anger management, drug testing etc.I make all of my appearance court dates jump through all the hoops and get the charge dismissed.

So, I send in all the proper paperwork for both my FOID and CCL to be appealed. 2 weeks for the FOID to be renewed, still waiting on my CCL. Here is a list of the timeline:

3/29/2014 – CCL issued

1/21/2015- Arrested for Domestic Battery

1/29/2015 – Court ordered anger management start

06/01/2016 – Finished court order anger management counseling

06/09/2016 – Case dismissed Finished diversion program

8/15/2016 – Sent paperwork for FOID Appeal

8/20/2016 – Sent paperwork for CCL Appeal

8/30/2016 – Email with FOID approval and 1st CCL update

01/18/2017 – 1st email inquire to CCL – Its being forwarded to the appeal section

05/05/2017 – 2nd email inquiry to CCL – Response: Its under appeal

10/04/2017 – 3rd email inquire to CCL – Response: Its being reviewed no time frame given

01/05/2018 – 4th email inquiry to CCL – No response at all

09/31/2018 – 5th email inquire to CCL – No response at all.

I have called on multiple occasions. No answers from a human being. Always bounces to voicemail or says that voicemail is full. The e-mail responses that I did recieve states that "there is no timeline or deadline for appeals, we will get back to you when it is either approved or rejected.

I do not understand why my FOID was renewed so quick but no my CCL.

What if any are my options?

Excuse any grammar, it is not my strong suit.

Thank you in advance,

Slingshot_IL

Thank you for the reply. I have tried an attorney. Basically, he said it will be $1,000.00 for him to email a certified letter every week until he gets results. I am tempted to go that route but would like to see if there is any other legal ways of going about it. State Rep? I don't know if I am comfortable with dealing with my rep. Not in today's political climate. Just my humble opinion.

Slingshot_IL

My thinking after reading many posts is this.

If you were arrested January 2015 for DB and went to anger management (which is counseling yes?) then it must be 5 years before you can get the CCL.

But color me confused as to the FOID!?!?

But most peeps posting here with this type of issue get the must be 5 years answer.

Good luck and I must say waiting 4 1/2 years is a lot of patients on your part.

Might try to PM MollyB.

This is the question on the CCL application:

Within the past 5 years (preceding the date of this application), have you been convicted of a battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in which a firearm was used or possessed?

Once the case was dismissed, there is no conviction and the license should have been restored. However, the question would be, does the ISP consider the court ordered anger management as a conviction? Too risky to reinstate the CCL until the 5 years is up? No easy way to find out.

If you will send a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and CCL number, I will submit an inquiry. No guarantee of a response from ISP.

Did you actually plead guilty to domestic battery (in which case I'm scratching my head) or was it plead down to simple battery? Diversion programs are still a conviction unless something has changed. At very MINIMUM (simple battery) it's a crime of violence, triggering the 5-year prohibition.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Just my opinion.Been there done that.Save your $1000.00.People are just trying to hang on to their foid & ccl & they have no issues.Just trying to re-new.Those of us with appeals are it seems of no interest to Springfield.Really ! lets face the facts.Someone tell me I'm wrong & it's just a matter of time before they respond.Or is the shredder running 24/7

Glock 22 I am not even going to respond to your trolling. Everyone is "holier than thou" behind their keyboards.

Nothing since then. Before I have never had a run in with the law besides parking violations. Anyways. Thank you all for your answers and advice. Molly B. I will be sending you a PM with the information shortly.

Glock 22 I am not even going to respond to your trolling. Everyone is "holier than thou" behind their keyboards.

Nothing since then. Before I have never had a run in with the law besides parking violations. Anyways. Thank you all for your answers and advice. Molly B. I will be sending you a PM with the information shortly.

I'm not trolling. Just saying if you're the type that can't walk away from physical conflict with family, maybe you shouldn't be carrying a loaded firearm in public. How would you act in public towards a total stranger if they were to p*** you off or otherwise offend you? If assault is the answer, maybe you should rethink CC.

Archived