Renewals have begun

I paid for 5 years and I should get my 5 years and not anything less. I don't like giving the state $150 for a permission slip to exercise a constitutional right in the first place. Changing your expiration date based on a new issue date is another slap in the face.

On the other hand, I suppose that if you reapply just before your license expires, your license will remain active until you receive your new one, letting you get your full five years and possibly some extra free days.

I use the words "suppose" and "possibly" because I'm too chicken to try it myself. It's not as if Illinois is actually smart enough to do anything with that windfall. They will just waste or misapproriate it a couple months earlier, lol.

I paid for 5 years and I should get my 5 years and not anything less. I don't like giving the state $150 for a permission slip to exercise a constitutional right in the first place. Changing your expiration date based on a new issue date is another slap in the face.

On the other hand, I suppose that if you reapply just before your license expires, your license will remain active until you receive your new one, letting you get your full five years and possibly some extra free days.

I use the words "suppose" and "possibly" because I'm too chicken to try it myself. It's not as if Illinois is actually smart enough to do anything with that windfall. They will just waste or misapproriate it a couple months earlier, lol.

I will be renewing the first of February because I expire at the end of February. Free days HA HA. Nothing is free in this state. We'll see what happens. I will let you know in two months.

• 2 weeks later...

John Q Public do your FOID and CCL have matching numbers?

Hey Molly. :) No they do not! Both are valid and active. I do see the next screen flash for a split second and then kicked back with the FOID error.

I wanted to update this thread. After hours and days of trying to contact the ISP via phone, I PMed Molly about this issue and she was able to get in touch with someone at the ISP and let them know that several of us were having this isssue. It was, most likely do to the fact, some of us very early permit holders, were not issued new FOID, or a CCL with an identical card number. This probably caused a database error when it compared the data to check and see if there is a valid FOID card in our names. So if you have an issue getting past the first screen and it loops back saying you must have a FOID card, this is likely your issue.

I thanked Molly via PM, but wanted to give her a shout here, this problem could have delayed my CCL and also my ability to teach. I am in her debt. Thank you Ms. Brown,without you I surely would have sunk! lol

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

John

Hey Molly. :) No they do not! Both are valid and active. I do see the next screen flash for a split second and then kicked back with the FOID error.

I wanted to update this thread. After hours and days of trying to contact the ISP via phone, I PMed Molly about this issue and she was able to get in touch with someone at the ISP and let them know that several of us were having this isssue. It was, most likely do to the fact, some of us very early permit holders, were not issued new FOID, or a CCL with an identical card number. This probably caused a database error when it compared the data to check and see if there is a valid FOID card in our names. So if you have an issue getting past the first screen and it loops back saying you must have a FOID card, this is likely your issue.

I thanked Molly via PM, but wanted to give her a shout here, this problem could have delayed my CCL and also my ability to teach. I am in her debt. Thank you Ms. Brown,without you I surely would have sunk! lol

John

Thanks to Molly for being able to get in touch with isp. I also have an older foid with a # doesn’t match my ccl, what was your the resolution to this issue? My foid doesn't expire until June 2019, my ccl expires in March 2019.

Edit:

On top of everything I can't remember my login info and the password recovery page is telling me "information entered is not valid".

John

Thanks to Molly for being able to get in touch with isp. I also have an older foid with a # doesnt match my ccl, what was your the resolution to this issue? My foid doesn't expire until June 2019, my ccl expires in March 2019.

Edit:

On top of everything I can't remember my login info and the password recovery page is telling me "information entered is not valid".

if you have not logged in since around spring of 2014 (I think or maybe it was 2015) you need to create and register a new account after they dropped Java requirement

John

Thanks to Molly for being able to get in touch with isp. I also have an older foid with a # doesnt match my ccl, what was your the resolution to this issue? My foid doesn't expire until June 2019, my ccl expires in March 2019.

Edit:

if you have not logged in since around spring of 2014 (I think) you need to create and register a new account after they dropped Java requirement

My FOID doesn't match my CCL either, albeit similar. No new FOID with my CCL 4yrs/9mo ago. My CCL has two leading numbers and the rest is my FOID number. No issues submitting my renewal.

Mata,

The numbers mismatch problem for FOID and CCL has been resolved on the ISP website. This issue may only have affected CCL who are also instructors.

LOGIN ISSUE:

You will never be able to contact anyone at the ISP, so the easiest solution for you would be to re-register. When done, you will be taken to your current status. To re-register, you will nee to use a new email. If you try and register with your old email it will fail, saying that email is in use.

Good Luck

&HDUC

The leading numbers on there are the issue year of your CCL, This is correct and as it should be, at least by what I have seen on others cards. When you get your new FOID card, the leading digits will be there as well. I have a friend who had to renew the FOID, and already had a CCL, The leading digits appear on his new FOID as well.

Hope this helps.

J

Does anyone here have, or have seen, CCLs or FOIDs with leading digits of 15, 16, 17, 18?

I think that I have only heard of those with 14. That may be because many of us did get their original CCLs in 2014.

My renewed CCL retains 14, and 14 was added to my FOID when I renewed this month.

I know this is a bit off topic but I wasn't sure where else to post this question. I've seen that the 3 hour course doesn't expire for renewals but I was wondering does that mean even taking the class more than a year before you expire? So can you take the class 4 years before renewing and it's still good? Usually I read through these posts but didn't have time today, sorry. Any input is appreciated! Thanks everyone and I hope you all had a great Christmas.

I know this is a bit off topic but I wasn't sure where else to post this question. I've seen that the 3 hour course doesn't expire for renewals but I was wondering does that mean even taking the class more than a year before you expire? So can you take the class 4 years before renewing and it's still good? Usually I read through these posts but didn't have time today, sorry. Any input is appreciated! Thanks everyone and I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Maybe?

Why would someone ever do that?

What if the requirements changed in the next year or 4 years...

What if, 1 year or 4 years later, they eliminated the required class...

Probably best to take a class at a convenient time before your renewal date.

Maybe?

I think that it would of more benefit to take additional defensive pistol courses. One can keep up with proposed and actual changes by using this site or other pro-2A ones. Then contact legislators as needed.

The "tactical" requirements of the renewal course are of minimal value. The courses in which about 200 rounds are fired and actual tactics are taught are of much greater value when it comes to learning to defend ones self and loved ones.

Maybe?

It was more of a hypothetical question. I was only wondering about expiration time, if any, for the renewal class. Personally I don't need refresher courses because I've been around for a while and teach newbies safety and how to shoot. I was asked that question recently. My advice was to wait until a few months before their renewal.

• 2 weeks later...
Renewed...or I should say tried to renew today. Pressed the renew button and followed all the steps. Gave credit card info...charged $80 plus $1.50. . Let her rip. Then I got to thinking...they never asked for the the photo or class certificate. Then got some message about a replacement card. Don't know what the heck is going on. Sent them an email and will try and call Monday.

Renewed...or I should say tried to renew today. Pressed the renew button and followed all the steps. Gave credit card info...charged $80 plus $1.50. . Let her rip. Then I got to thinking...they never asked for the the photo or class certificate. Then got some message about a replacement card. Don't know what the heck is going on. Sent them an email and will try and call Monday.

You didn't renew, you requested a replacement card. Renewal is $150 plus the fee.

You didn't renew, you requested a replacement card. Renewal is $150 plus the fee.

Oy... this sounds like a bit of a black hole.

Please keep us posted as to what happens.

When does your CCL expire?

Two years ago I had to replace stolen CCL and FOID cards. It took quite a long time, but I have heard they have since addressed some issues.

Shendron... When I needed to contact them by phone, I was successful if I pressed the number for my issue before that part of the recording began.

I agree, you applied for a replacement, that’s why they didn’t,t ask for a picture or certificate.

Yup, they didn't do a renew they did a replacement. Thing is a replacement is "supposed" to be $75 and not $80. hmmm.

@ QOB +1 If anything, i would take advanced classes if needed, There is no expiration on the 3hr training, but this is IL, things change sometimes without notice, or law. Ahem, $80 replacement.

430 ILCS 66/60

Sec. 60. Fees.
(a) All fees collected under this Act shall be deposited as provided in this Section. Application, renewal, and replacement fees shall be non-refundable.
(B) An applicant for a new license or a renewal shall submit $150 with the application, of which $120 shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund, $20 shall be apportioned to the Mental Health Reporting Fund, and $10 shall be apportioned to the State Crime Laboratory Fund.
© A non-resident applicant for a new license or renewal shall submit $300 with the application, of which $250 shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund, $40 shall be apportioned to the Mental Health Reporting Fund, and $10 shall be apportioned to the State Crime Laboratory Fund.
(d) A licensee requesting a new license in accordance with Section 55 shall submit $75, of which $60 shall be apportioned to the State Police Firearm Services Fund, $5 shall be apportioned to the Mental Health Reporting Fund, and $10 shall be apportioned to the State Crime Laboratory Fund.
(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13.)

Archived