Indiana resident

seanalmet

Hey all, I am an Indiana resident who owns land in Illinois. Is it legal to shoot on my private property in Illinois although I'm not a resident and therefore do not have and cannot obtain a FOID. Ive been getting a lot of different answers about this, but none are definitive. Even the law, awritten is very vague, from what I could make of it. Any legal experts or lawyers care to weigh in? Thank you

Hey all, I am an Indiana resident who owns land in Illinois. Is it legal to shoot on my private property in Illinois although I'm not a resident and therefore do not have and cannot obtain a FOID. Ive been getting a lot of different answers about this, but none are definitive. Even the law, awritten is very vague, from what I could make of it. Any legal experts or lawyers care to weigh in? Thank you

Non-residents are exempt from the FOID requirement. Also the legality of shooting on your private property would depend on whether or not your property is within a city or not. If it is outside of a city it should be fine.

Archived