Texas Guy has IL CCL

oohrah

CCL arrived today after 104 days, no prints. I think I am the tenth IL CCL in Texas.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their info and support, and in celebration, I have become a Supporting Member of this Forum.

Cheers

This is bad, it's going to open all kinds of whining n moaning by those living "IN" the great state of Illinois.

Having someone out of state get a license in under the stated timeline published in the statute is blasphemy!

Oh, congrats also.............

Dear Oohrah,

I too am a former Illinois CCL holder now living out of state in Mi. What was the procedure to get an Illinois CCL while living out of state? When I left Illinois, I just through my Illinois license in a drawer. I still have family in Illinois and have to occasionally travel to Il. I usually just leave my sidearm at home when I have to travel to Il. How did you do it?

Dear Oohrah,

I too am a former Illinois CCL holder now living out of state in Mi. What was the procedure to get an Illinois CCL while living out of state? When I left Illinois, I just through my Illinois license in a drawer. I still have family in Illinois and have to occasionally travel to Il. I usually just leave my sidearm at home when I have to travel to Il. How did you do it?

Unfortunately, at this time, you can't. Illinois requires that the other state have gun laws "substantially similar" to Illinois laws. Currently, only 4 states qualify, Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Virginia. As I understand, it mostly has to do with mental health treatment reporting. According to the FCCL site, several states have not returned the questionnaire that was sent out to determine eligibility.

This is one of the things that we wanted to try to fix 4 years ago when the law was passed.

dumpnpump, I am not a former IL citizen, I applied for a non-resident IL CCL under the terms described by abolt243.

However, if you have a concealed carry license from your home state, you can concealed carry in your vehicle while traveling in IL (what I used to do). You don't have to be from one of the four "similar" states. And you can always "transport" carry in a locked case.

Archived