Promoting Illinois 2A Groups

gLockedandLoaded

What kind of ideas do we have to promote our favorite 2A groups?

When I lived in MD, I found out about MDShooters forums by seeing bumper stickers on several vehicles. They were simple, classy, and achieved their desired goal, as I went on and became part of the community.

Here are the stickers BTW: http://www.navychief.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MDSHOOTERS&Category_Code=STICKER

I know some people don't like the idea of advertising they have guns on their vehicle, but it is at least one option.

I don't advertise the fact that I'm a gun owner, the only sticker on my truck is one I got from a friend that owns a car dealership in Clarksville Tennessee. He puts them on every car he sells.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/telman2/Misc/IMG_1027.jpg

I am very proud of my involvement with IllinoisCarry and the NRA, but I never advertise on my car. Unlike myself, my car is not able to defend itself and its contents when I am not there. Advertising is asking for trouble.

Yes, this! I wear IllinoisCarry and pro-2a clothing all the time. But not leaving it on something that can be vandalized without recourse (such as car or house)...

It's a very interesting question...

How do we move from 'fear of reprisal' to 'desensitization' then 'acceptance' and ultimately 'open promotion'...

My favorite example of branding that simply dominates everything is Breast Cancer Awareness. When you see a Septic Tank Pumpout truck painted pink and every sports team that plays during October sporting pink socks, pads, etc., you've achieved the ultimate in 'open promotion'...

I think a billboard that promotes CCW, like "CCW it's your RIGHT! Go here (insert IC URL) to learn how you can protect yourself and those you love... This PSA brought to you by the 2nd Amendment and Illinois Carry" would be fantastic. Right along any highway into or away from the city. Same for Springfield. And in the approaches to Champaign/Urbana. I think that would cover the majority of the traffic in the state and have the most visibility.

We need something that takes the advertising away from our individual vehicles and makes it visible to a much broader population. A sticker is a personal statement of support. A billboard is marketing!

How about a 2A promotion on the signs on CTA busses or inside the CTA Trains???

My $0.02...

Stogierob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I will add another thing that MDShooters did was allow their paid forum sponsors (the ones who have ads up) post threads about deals and events they had going on. There is a little of that here with the trainers, but I think getting more IL gun shops and vendors involved would be worth it.

I know one guy who ran his business in MD mainly selling surplus rifles/pistols and police trade ins. Very popular on the forum and everyone was very excited about his deals. I always thought he had an interesting business model. He would be at gun shows too. I bought a used police Mini-14 from him. Had it a month or two before I sold it because I realized those rifles just suck (looked and felt cool, but shot like garbage).

I don't advertise the fact that I'm a gun owner, the only sticker on my truck is one I got from a friend that owns a car dealership in Clarksville Tennessee. He puts them on every car he sells.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/telman2/Misc/IMG_1027.jpg

I think that sticker may have high likelihood of getting your car vandalized, depending where you live.

For years I have had pro 2nd stickers (note the plural) on my van and truck. Never a problem. I believe too many are afraid of their shadow. The antis have successful gotten the 2nd afraid to pop their heads up.

Promoting and standing up for our childrrns future is far more valuable then some soon to rust out car.

I don't particularly care what philosophy the guy in the car in front of me holds and I expect the guy behind me feels the same way.

Why do you think of it that way?

It's not a philosophy statement like the typical annoying political bumper stickers. It's more of a way of showing other gun owners that there are groups and communities out there they could be a part of.

That said, it was only one idea.

Archived