School questions 40 students after stabbing - Police investigate possible threat

steveTA84

I do not believe anyone is criticizing the investigation. I will criticize the procedure because it does tromp on "due process".

I will argue speaking with a child is against their right. The 5A does not have a minimum age. Children must have an advocate. The parent must be present. The law may not be so written but that makes the law unjust. The school, the police, and hospitals will not protect the accused child. A child can easily be fooled in giving an answer that can hang him.

I do not believe anyone is criticizing the investigation. I will criticize the procedure because it does tromp on "due process".

I will argue speaking with a child is against their right. The 5A does not have a minimum age. Children must have an advocate. The parent must be present. The law may not be so written but that makes the law unjust. The school, the police, and hospitals will not protect the accused child. A child can easily be fooled in giving an answer that can hang him.

This!

YES.

Read what happened from the parents account. Article updated as well

More like a rewrite than an update. Now the only reference to red flagging is to an incident in Colorado. Even the title of this thread no longer references it.

Whoever this Jason Myers guy is that's contributing to the Moms blog, should learn how to research and write an accurate article before posting it. I understand that people make mistakes, but erasing things as if they were never published just isn't on the up and up.

Look at the bigger picture here. 40 kids were targeted, stripped of due process, and treated as if they were criminals. This is alarming.

It also happens every day

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If the initial story is true, it is alarming but already the story is changing and 40 kids were questioned.

People are in contact (off of ILCarry) with those who know more. I’ll update here if any new info is provided

Look at the bigger picture here. 40 kids were targeted, stripped of due process, and treated as if they were criminals. This is alarming.

It also happens every day

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If the initial story is true, it is alarming but already the story is changing and 40 kids were questioned.

People are in contact (off of ILCarry) with those who know more. I’ll update here if any new info is provided

Thank you!

Out of Florida.

https://www.fox4now.com/news/4-in-your-corner/children-as-young-as-8-years-old-face-gun-ban-under-floridas-new-red-flag-law?fbclid=IwAR1NWmvZHr5jIl4PN1n3DDaysQHX3cVvsxqijh7Xvv0HmT2iG7JWhs8pmmY

I-Team Investigator found law enforcement seeking orders to take away gun possession and ownership rights from children as young as 8-years-old even though state law already prohibits anyone younger than 21 from buying a gun.

The judge denied the order against the elementary school student, but the I-Team found Polk County has successfully issued more than 400 red flag gun orders against people deemed a danger to themselves or others including 20 percent involving children.

Kids crying in court

Over the course of two days in a Polk County courtroom, our cameras were there as teens filed in to face the judge.

One 15-year-old boy was accused of making a verbal threat during a fight at school. He agreed not to fight the order, which requires him to stay away from guns for 12 months.

But his mother said after the hearing, He doesnt even have a gun. He doesnt have a BB gun. He dont have nothing but you cant just say the word shoot.

When asked why so many orders were being filed against kids, Smith said, I think it all boils down to the aggressive nature of our sheriffs department.

When asked why his department had filed so many risk protection orders against kids, Judd said, First, its to put the parents on notice that you got to do a really good job at securing your firearms, so your children cant get to it and number two, its putting the parents on notice about your kids got an issue here.

Well we all knew these red flag laws would be abused eventually. I'm surprised it took this long.

Don't we already have one gun owner who was shot dead by police over a red flag order?

I really don't know why that case didn't cause a huge outrage among gun owners.

Most gun owners are afraid to say anything for fear of calling attention to themselves.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Archived