Reviews of IL CCW Classes- post them here

askoop

Is it difficult to pass the live fire target shooting

HA! No.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y521/lee-n-field1/random%20crap/ILCCWqualtarget27oct2013_zps93ff36e0.jpg

At five yards you're practically on top of it.

(At ten yards, the kid next to me was chewing out the heart of the x ring with his XDM45 3.8.)

is that blue target an official B-27?

how do we know all 30 shots are in there

I only count 8 holes :frantics:

Many thanks for the kind words aggro_jo, Adam, and Mark. We do try to keep things pretty low frills in order to keep our prices as low as possible and to keep the focus on quality training. As always, we only ask that prospective clients shop and compare not just price, but instructors' credentials. That is one reason I believe that we have people coming to us not only from all over Southern and Central Illinois, but also from the Chicagoland area. We are happy to help !

I recently took the Illinois Conceal Carry class with Matt from Creek Side Armory. I really enjoyed the class and his instruction. He is very entertaining and thorough in his instruction and made it easy for all skill level students to learn something new. Matt goes above and beyond the required level for CCL as instructed by the state, and makes sure that you are a safer and more confident shooter when you are done with class. I highly recommends Matt and Creek Side Armory for all of your conceal carry class and all other NRA firearm classes.

Here is CSA’s contact info:

Matt@creeksidearmory.com

815-450-9486

www.creeksidearmory.com

Just completed my 8 with pdpsc (Dan) at RKA in Plano.

One word - Awesome. Dan went above and beyond. Thank you!

Just finished my 8hr course with Dan (pdpsc) and Bud!! I must say! D*mn good class. I've been through numerous classes where the instructors had no real life experience with the topics being covered, but this was not one of them. Their knowledge of law, the legal system, and law enforcement allowed them to go above and beyond the required material and gave a real world aspect of concealed carry. I would recommend them to anyone and I most certainly will. Thanks for a fantastic class guys!

Chris

Just completed my 8 with pdpsc (Dan) at RKA in Plano.

One word - Awesome. Dan went above and beyond. Thank you!

Just finished my 8hr course with Dan (pdpsc) and Bud!! I must say! D*mn good class. I've been through numerous classes where the instructors had no real life experience with the topics being covered, but this was not one of them. Their knowledge of law, the legal system, and law enforcement allowed them to go above and beyond the required material and gave a real world aspect of concealed carry. I would recommend them to anyone and I most certainly will. Thanks for a fantastic class guys!

Chris

My wife and I took the class with bubbahana and as the above statement says Dan and Bud did a great job. Metro training did a great job and gave us several drills to improve our shooting and ccw skills. One thing that sets these guys apart is between Dan and Bud these guys have real world experience and training. Bud and Dan should also be commended for having great patience with my wife who was not feeling well and beside the basic pistol class has had no formal training. Dan also took his time to help my wife use her Glock in a more proficient manner. Metro Training is highly recommended.

Slightly off topic but has anyone taken a course from the this guy?

WEIS, JODY ROSEMONT IL

Former Chicago police chief Jody Weis?!

This guy Jody Weis..... http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=8842

?

Slightly off topic but has anyone taken a course from the this guy?

WEIS, JODY ROSEMONT IL

Former Chicago police chief Jody Weis?!

Look it up yourself. The phone number listed comes back to Seldin Security Service LLC

which is rumored to be politically connected. Imagine that?

Just finished training for my IL CCL this weekend. Course was done thru: Armed Citizen Training(ACT) in Zion Illinois. Couldn't be more happier with the quality and professional instructors that taught the class; Co-owners Anthony and Kim. They offer classes based on how many hrs you need to qualify for the mandated 16hrs required. This includes the 30 round range qualification; of which I might add I shot a perfect 30 of 30 with my Ultra Carry II. Prices were the best in the area also. www.actguntraining.com

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., November 30, 2013 at 03:13 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., November 30, 2013 at 03:13 AM - No reason given
I am feeling a bit left out here!! No reviews on KAP Guns!! We also are not letting people qualify with .22 and we are using smaller targets. We have had nobody miss a single round yet!! Target size & caliber limitations are our decision and people are told before they pay for the class. When they leave one of our classes they will be proficient drawing from concealment & firing a gun of a caliber sufficient for self defense. We are not out to run as many people through as we can but to make sure the people we do have in our classes leave with the confidence to carry a concealed firearm knowing they were trained at a higher standard than the State requires!

I am feeling a bit left out here!! No reviews on KAP Guns!! We also are not letting people qualify with .22 and we are using smaller targets. We have had nobody miss a single round yet!! Target size & caliber limitations are our decision and people are told before they pay for the class. When they leave one of our classes they will be proficient drawing from concealment & firing a gun of a caliber sufficient for self defense. We are not out to run as many people through as we can but to make sure the people we do have in our classes leave with the confidence to carry a concealed firearm knowing they were trained at a higher standard than the State requires!

I find it interesting that you would admit to using a target not authorized by the ISP for qualification. You might have the best course ever but making up your own rules gives me pause.

Posted · Hidden by Federal Farmer, November 4, 2013 at 04:37 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Federal Farmer, November 4, 2013 at 04:37 AM - No reason given
good you violate ADA acts. Even national companies say 22 with medical reason.

Next your certs invalid meaning after a shooting they start with the prosocuter saying "Mr x was illegally carrying after committing fraud and he continued his crimes by doing this..."

You should be banned from this site association with you is dangerous.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

KAP might mean they practice on smaller targets.

If they qualify on targets smaller than a B27 that might be an administrative problem, but it certainly would satisfy the intent of the law. It would be nice if a rider bill could fix this. "The official target will be the NRA B27, but any target smaller than the shaded portion of the .b27 will also be acceptable."

I'nm not saying to use anything except the B27 now, but it should be an easy fix to get passed. Heck, maybe even the ILSP could make such an administrative decision without requiring the legislature to do anything?

Until thent hough I would recommend the B27.

Why would you want to go to the GA and say hey , we think the requirements are to lax. I think we should be able to use a smaller target than the B27. I just don't understand 2A supporters who want to make things tougher to be able to exercise our rights. :no:

© An applicant for a new license shall provide proof of

certification by a certified instructor that the applicant passed a live fire exercise with a concealable firearm consisting of:

(1) a minimum of 30 rounds; and

(2) 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Department.

It does say a B-27 approved by the department. Anything more or less is not approved.

I'm not saying they are too lax. Some ranges don't allow silhouettes or can't handle the size a B27. Allowing a smaller target should be a no brainer. If I can get 70% on a smaller target then it should satisfy the requirements. Sorry if that confuses you.

Again, I wouldn't do it until allowed.

I'nm not saying to use anything except the B27 now, but it should be an easy fix to get passed. Heck, maybe even the ILSP could make such an administrative decision without requiring the legislature to do anything?

Until thent hough I would recommend the B27.

comments like these are why I believe this is a fiasco. You don't know the law. Unless changed he's in violation. Please tell me you don't teach.

© An applicant for a new license shall provide proof of

certification by a certified instructor that the applicant passed a live fire exercise with a concealable firearm consisting of:

(1) a minimum of 30 rounds; and

(2) 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Department.

It does say a B-27 approved by the department. Anything more or less is not approved.

scary how many are teaching Ccw that didn't bother to learn what they are teaching.

Again certs don't make good legal teachers due diligence.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

I do know the law. Read my response. I said to follow the law until it's changed.

My point is that it makes perfect sense to get the law changed to allow more stringent qualifications to supersede the current ones.

Seriously, read, think, loctite your gear, think some more, and then respond.

Until then though I would recommend the B27.

See, it's there in black and white.

Bro, do you even forum?

If they qualify on targets smaller than a B27 that might be an administrative problem, but it certainly would satisfy the intent of the law.

this is Illinois no one cares about intent of law when the goal is to utterly disarm us. George Zimmerman trial was to intimidate lawful carriers his life is over.

You think for an instance the first carrier in a shooting in illinois wont assuradly suffer the same level of scrutiny? Your snide comments aside your approach to viewpoints makes me justifiably nervous.

I mean, heck, we could go this way...

Here is one of the disqualifying situations:

during the range firing portion of testing fails to hit the target with 70% of the rounds fired.

So, according to some here, if someone hit with 100% they should be failed as they clearly did not follow the law.

Archived