Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

• 1 month later...

Have not been in Walmart since this virus crap started and they got stupid about letting folks in. Been spending my money in the local grocery store, dollar general and rural king

There was no waiting in line after the first week near me. The door security moderately enforces the "in" and "out" doors. They keep count of how many people are in the store, so presumably they might make someone wait sometime, but I haven't seen it. You have to wear a mask, which is the same as everywhere. There are direction markers in the aisles, but no one obeys them, not even the employees.

Have not been in Walmart since this virus crap started and they got stupid about letting folks in. Been spending my money in the local grocery store, dollar general and rural king

There was no waiting in line after the first week near me. The door security moderately enforces the "in" and "out" doors. They keep count of how many people are in the store, so presumably they might make someone wait sometime, but I haven't seen it.

You have to wear a mask, which is the same as everywhere. There are direction markers in the aisles, but no one obeys them, not even the employees.

Neither the store in O'Fallon, nor the store in Belleville "enforce" the masks although they do keep count of people entering the stores.

There was no waiting in line after the first week near me. The door security moderately enforces the "in" and "out" doors. They keep count of how many people are in the store, so presumably they might make someone wait sometime, but I haven't seen it. You have to wear a mask, which is the same as everywhere. There are direction markers in the aisles, but no one obeys them, not even the employees.

Meijer does not force customers into a single file line like Walmart does which reduces the likelihood that you will be walking into a cloud of infection vapor.

Full story at link

Walmart to require customers to wear masks at all its stores

https://www.dailyherald.com/business/20200715/walmart-to-require-customers-to-wear-masks-at-all-its-stores

NEW YORK -- Walmart will require customers to wear face coverings at all of its namesake and Sam's Club stores, making it the largest retailer to introduce such a policy that has otherwise proven difficult to enforce without state and federal requirements.

The company said the policy will go into effect on Monday to allow time to inform stores and customers. The Bentonville, Arkansas-based company said that currently about 65% its more than 5,000 stores and clubs are located in areas where there is already some form of government mandate on face coverings.

The retailer also said it will create the role of health ambassador at its Walmart stores and will station them near the entrance to remind customers without masks of its new requirements. These workers, who will be wearing black polo shirts, will receive special training to "help make the process as smooth as possible for customers."

Walmart joins a growing list of retailers that have instituted mask mandates throughout their chains. Best Buy, the nation's largest consumer electronics retailer, announced Tuesday that it will have a mask mandate for its customers at all of its stores. Starbucks announced last week that customers who visit its company-owned café locations in the U.S. will be required to wear face coverings. Both policies were in effect Wednesday.

• 4 weeks later...
Happy August.

Hope things are going well for you.

Mask up -- it's just like a helmet or seatbelt, but more for me than you -- and I want to live.

A seatbelt is not a good analogy.

Wearing a cloth mask increases the wearers risk of developing a respiratory infection. Cloth masks have little advantage over just 3-6’ of separation does. Recent experiments have shown bandannas and cloth masks increase the number of airborne particles from a cough or sneeze. They break up larger particles but allow the fragments to pass.

Limiting exposure time and distancing is much better and does not require infringing on the rights and health of otherwise healthy people.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577

https://royalsociety.org/-/media/policy/projects/set-c/set-c-facemasks.pdf?la=en-GB&hash=A22A87CB28F7D6AD9BD93BBCBFC2BB24

Even the studies promoting masks as effective, refer to properly made masks with appropriate layers and quality of material and always with distancing.

Since distancing is virtually as effective as masks and distancing, why the big mask push knowing most all masks in public are not surgical grade or single or double layer standard cotton or bandana which can increase the output of infectious particles within the 6’ zone?

Follow the science.

Of course if you follow the science in the short term you may get lost.

Archived