I just joined the ISRA & GOA

jawman

I put it off long enough, so I finally joined the Gun Owners of America with a $20 annual membership fee + additional $80 donation.

I didn't want to stop there, so I joined the ISRA as well. If I'm going to live in Illinois and own a firearm, then I damn well better be a member of the ISRA. Joined for $30 annual fee. I tried to donate an additional $70, but it's not letting me log in, says my account is not cleared. I've never seen a website that doesn't let you log in after creating an account. What a shame because I'm trying to give them money!! Lol

If you are already a member to either organization, kudos to you (and even more if you're a member to both!)

If you are considering joining, just do it already! I put it off for too long and am glad I finally joined.

Oh yeah one other thing: I shop a lot on Amazon, and when shopping through Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) you can select a charity that Amazon will donate a portion of your spend to. I used to donate to the World Wildlife Fund, but just changed my charity of choice to Gun Owners Foundation. Trying to make the most impact I can! Consider doing the same if you shop on Amazon. Every little bit helps. And remember, only purchases at smile.amazon.com will go to your selected support charity (not www.amazon.com or the mobile app).

Toward the top of the page, just below and to the right of the IllinoisCarry banner is a Subscriptions link. Clicking that will take you to the PayPal donation page.

I mean to renew for ISRA.

Sorry, I was responding to jawman.

I think you have to be logged in to the ISRA site in order to see the renewal option.

Edited to add ISRA link.

We offer a pretty reasonable Supporting Membership if you're interested.

Top menu bar in center under Subscriptions.

Where is the information about membership levels?

$25 / year

Top menu bar in center under Subscriptions.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?app=subscriptions

There is also a thread discussing other options e.g checks, MOs, etc. with address to send to. I think it is this one. http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28452

Join the GOA and 2AF. The NRA abandoned Illinois.

Ive done both but neither have I abandoned the NRA. yes, they no longer have a dedicated state liaison like Todd which saddens me. Yes I would like to know they are still in Springfield working behind the scene. Perhaps they generally quit doing oral testimony at hearings as their presence caused more distress and distractions. I heard, and would understand, why that decision was made.

Archived