Call to Action 2/10/2019 - Witness Slips Needed!

mauserme

I understand what that UUW bill is attempting to do, make it illegal to carry a 'printed' or all resin/plastic firearm. But it, as usual is written so generic, that any striker type semi auto pistol would fall under it.

Some (maybe most?) on the anti side would call that a feature, not a bug.

Just saw this, so perhaps my efforts are too late to help, but.... 8 slips filed!

It's this coming Wednesday.

Never saw so many female names in one spot, opposed to HB0367 - the moms must have put out a national alert...

What is HB0367?

If and only if Senate Bill 337 of the 100th General Assembly becomes law, then the Firearm Dealer License Certification Act is amended. Provides that the provisions of the Act concerning the certification of the license of a Federal Firearms Licensee apply only to a Federal Firearms Licensee who has been found by the federal or State government to have 3 or more firearms used in the commission of criminal offenses sold or transferred by the licensee within the 5 years prior to his or her application for certification of his or her license. Effective upon becoming law or on the date Senate Bill 337 of the 100th General Assembly takes effect, whichever is later.

With "time to crime" being a 10+ year average, not many dealers would be affected IF this becomes law.

Just saw this, so perhaps my efforts are too late to help, but.... 8 slips filed!

It looks like there are no committee meetings on any of the bills on our list til 2/13 at 2 PM. So there is still time for witness slips.

Pretty soon everyone will see how useless the overwhelming number of witness slips filed on our side actually is. Its good for documentation purposes, but the senators and reps dont care. One reason the antis arent filing as many is that they know the have won on the legislative end. Prepare for court

Pretty soon everyone will see how useless the overwhelming number of witness slips filed on our side actually is. It’s good for documentation purposes, but the senators and reps don’t care

I disagree.When you consider that certain Reps have asked for witness slips they, at least, would disagree as well.

This time around, I’m not so optimistic. That said, I filled them out and hope I’m wrong. Will gladly admit it if I am

This time around, I’m not so optimistic. That said, I filled them out and hope I’m wrong. Will gladly admit it if I am

Optimistic about what? We've always described witness slips as pieces of a larger puzzle, not the entire picture by themselves. As I've mentioned before, with the mothers in town I wouldn't be surprised at all if a bill or two makes it out of committee. And, there are less obvious reasons to do this that some people will seemingly never understand.

This time around, Im not so optimistic. That said, I filled them out and hope Im wrong. Will gladly admit it if I am

Optimistic about what? We've always described witness slips as pieces of a larger puzzle, not the entire picture by themselves. As I've mentioned before, with the mothers in town I wouldn't be surprised at all if a bill or two makes it out of committee. And, there are less obvious reasons to do this that some people will seemingly never understand.
It is no doubt a good thing to do, but the moms are going to be there in person. Is anyone from our side en masse?

And yes, it is 100% without a doubt part of a bigger picture. If anything, it shows the legislators dont care what the people have to say on the matter (tyranny)......

What Im saying is that our side in IL has to have all bases covered and fighting. The ILCarry twitter account needs to be active again and making its presence known. We need to peaceful attend open MDA meetings (and closed ones for our spies ;) ), and need to be somewhat like them in how they organize and operate.

-File witness slips

-Attend hearings

-Work the social media angle to publicity

We can be a force to be reckoned with, we all just need to work together, especially now.

Its important to use the resources available to get the word out on witness slips. I know its done on FB, but other platforms like twitter and Instagram are also widely used

It is no doubt a good thing to do, but the moms are going to be there in person. Is anyone from our side en masse?

And yes, it is 100% without a doubt part of a bigger picture. If anything, it shows the legislators don’t care what the people have to say on the matter (tyranny)......

If you think about this you will see that it isn't a question of not caring what any people have to say, it's that the anti-gun legislators care more about their anti-gun constituents than they do their pro-gun constituents. They would tell you they are representing their district. On Constitutional matters that isn't always the best course to follow, but it's inaccurate to say they aren't listening to anyone.

And yes, it is 100% without a doubt part of a bigger picture. If anything, it shows the legislators dont care what the people have to say on the matter (tyranny)......

If you think about this you will see that it isn't a question of not caring what any people have to say, it's that the anti-gun legislators care more about their anti-gun constituents than they do their pro-gun constituents. They would tell you they are representing their district. On Constitutional matters that isn't always the best course to follow, but it's inaccurate to say they aren't listening to anyone.
100% correct, and the anti-gun ones like the moms are the loudest and have the willpower to fight till the bitter end by any means necessary. And an example of these politicians defending their stance against powerful groups.

http://i.imgur.com/PTG6RY9.jpg

Didech is brushing the ACLU aside, and then theres this

http://i.imgur.com/DoKOdLS.jpg

I think itll take more than 72 hours for the ISP to approve the transaction. 10-15 day waiting period in the making????

Well see what happens tomorrow I guess. Hoping the lopsided witness slips are brought up

Archived