It’s here. 2019 “assault weapons ban/registration ”

steveTA84

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, January 24, 2019 at 08:23 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, January 24, 2019 at 08:23 PM - No reason given

As I read it this will also cover all semi-auto shotguns... the forearm is a protrusion to allow use of the non trigger hand

By also defining an attachment to be anything that diffuses gases for the purpose of limiting recoil.... would that also not include any type of shotgun that has a choke installed?

So all rifles..... all shotguns.... and many handguns.... this is a defacto 'ban' on firearms if interpreted in an extreme liberal sense

The problem with the courts is we will all be felons through this bill long before it ever even sees an appellate court let alone the supremes

As I read it this will also cover all semi-auto shotguns... the forearm is a protrusion to allow use of the non trigger hand

By also defining an attachment to be anything that diffuses gases for the purpose of limiting recoil.... would that also not include any type of shotgun that has a choke installed?

So all rifles..... all shotguns.... and many handguns.... this is a defacto 'ban' on firearms if interpreted in an extreme liberal sense

The problem with the courts is we will all be felons through this bill long before it ever even sees an appellate court let alone the supremes

It's obvious every firearm is an ''assault weapon'' to them, not just rifles and they want to ban them all including shotguns and pistols. Look at this gem: (iv) a shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel,allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;

So are people supposed to fire a rifle one handed now or get their hand burned not to run afoul of Bloomberg's interpretation of a rifle?

These laws are passed under false premise and under the guise of safety to push Bloomberg's agenda and to punish and treat law abiding gun owners as guilty until found innocent and as suspected future mass killers. Can't wait for the Supreme to strike down this unconstitutional law.

It's obvious every firearm is an ''assault weapon'' to them, not just rifles and they want to ban them all including shotguns and pistols. Look at this gem: (iv) a shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel,allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;

So are people supposed to fire a rifle one handed now or get their hand burned not to run afoul of Bloomberg's interpretation of a rifle?

These laws are passed under false premise and under the guise of safety to push Bloomberg's agenda and to punish and treat law abiding gun owners as guilty until found innocent and as suspected future mass killers. Can't wait for the Supreme to strike down this unconstitutional law.

That would make the 80-year-old Stevens Savage 87A that I shot as a 6-year-old kid into an "assault weapon" since it has a wooden forearm that partially covers the barrel and prevents the non-trigger hand from being burned. They can go **** themselves.

STEVENS_Model_87A_046_v_1401706931.JPG

I hate to say it, but counting on a court victory is not going to cut it, here. We've been waiting years on Wilson v. Cook county with no results, and other states have been under these kinds of bans for decades in some cases.

We fight now and we fight with everything we have to keep this from passing. I'm not waiting out another decade for SCOTUS to finally clear this up after we've all already surrendered our property and been locked away on felony possession.

Get every firearm owner you know in this fight, now! Between this and the recently-passed dealer licensing crap, we'll be one or two bills away from total disarmament in this state.

I hate to say it, but counting on a court victory is not going to cut it, here. We've been waiting years on Wilson v. Cook county with no results, and other states have been under these kinds of bans for decades in some cases.

We fight now and we fight with everything we have to keep this from passing. I'm not waiting out another decade for SCOTUS to finally clear this up after we've all already surrendered our property and been locked away on felony possession.

Get every firearm owner you know in this fight, now! Between this and the recently-passed dealer licensing crap, we'll be one or two bills away from total disarmament in this state.

That's right. They are following their California blueprint.

I say we march by the thousands un-armed on the capitol and make sure they understand how we feel and if that fails we start the process of removing them from office....

Sounds like IGOLD.

"Don't Ban My Rifle"

One day won’t cut it. It has to be many

Not only will a single day NOT cut it, it might be time to OC on the capital.

Would definitely send a message, especially if thousands did it.............

Thank you!!!! You guys are wasting precious time. We all need to stop being internet vigilantes and go to the streets and make our voices heard. We need to convince our fellow rifle/gun man/women to join us and say enough! We everyone young & old. We need to bring our offense out!

I say we march by the thousands un-armed on the capitol and make sure they understand how we feel and if that fails we start the process of removing them from office....

Sounds like IGOLD.

"Don't Ban My Rifle"

One day won’t cut it. It has to be many

Not only will a single day NOT cut it, it might be time to OC on the capital.

Would definitely send a message, especially if thousands did it.............

I would block 3 consecutive days out of my work schedule for this.

I think internet discussions of armed disobedience in Springfield, if executed, will be met with swift and overwhelming force by opposition. Not saying civil disobedience isn’t called for BUT telegraphing punches never works. If people are truly serious about defending their human rights in this manner then it is best done in a way as to not be stopped before it starts. Just saying...

^^^

Same

Maybe we can ramp up IGOLD this year? Mods? I believe it’s safe to say that we are in desperate times.

It’s dissapointing to see people say that we should let it go to the courts. It will take years for that to play out. They are licking their chops in Springfield and we’re sitting idly by.

We also need to make our voices heard outside jabba the hut’s downtown office. He will not be working in Springfield during his governorship.

I think internet discussions of armed disobedience in Springfield, if executed, will be met with swift and overwhelming force by opposition. Not saying civil disobedience isn’t called for BUT telegraphing punches never works. If people are truly serious about defending their human rights in this manner then it is best done in a way as to not be stopped before it starts. Just saying...

Internet discussions alone have gotten us to this point. Time for a new game plan.

Internet discussions alone have gotten us to this point. Time for a new game plan.

Not arguing at all. Just suggesting it be done and organized in a less public way.

Not arguing at all. Just suggesting it be done and organized in a less public way.

+1

Of course, looks like senator Morrison met two weeks ago with the moms to discuss strategy. Oh look, I know her (not personally). Uses her position in the public school system to recruit students

http://i.imgur.com/OTZMAb7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3Qc774p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1w6GC0j.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4BUYXJt.jpg

Start FOIA’ing your local governments and public schools. Find out who the leaders of your area anti-gun groups are. They’re pushing for this type of stuff. Expose them (nothing more). Do not doxx, contact them, or threaten in any way. Do it legally with your rights (freedom of information act) and with already available public info

Not arguing either, but we've been sitting on our hands for too long. Aside from constant calls and emails to my local and state reps and senators, I have not taken any other legal action. However, I think there are plenty of people just on this forum that can organize a stronger voice to be heard.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, January 24, 2019 at 08:24 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, January 24, 2019 at 08:24 PM - No reason given

Now IF I owned a AR I made myself and IF I were to register it, I would give a serial number first.

It would start with F and end with U, put that in your official record book!

This will also push 1000's of 10+ year old weapons into the black market and never return except at maybe a crime scene.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, January 24, 2019 at 08:25 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, January 24, 2019 at 08:25 PM - No reason given

My 3+ decades old (shot out) childhood 10-22 plinker is apparently about to grow up into a full-fledged assault weapon...

I really hope the SCOTUS puts an end to this with the recently certified case, all they need to do in their opinion is to state that 'strict scrutiny' shall be applied to all potential infringements of the 2nd, and laws like this will fall like dominos...

It doesn't actually qualify on that list. It can take more than 10 mrd detacheable mag, but it doesn't have the atleast 1 of.....

My 3+ decades old (shot out) childhood 10-22 plinker is apparently about to grow up into a full-fledged assault weapon...

I really hope the SCOTUS puts an end to this with the recently certified case, all they need to do in their opinion is to state that 'strict scrutiny' shall be applied to all potential infringements of the 2nd, and laws like this will fall like dominos...

It doesn't actually qualify on that list. It can take more than 10 mrd detacheable mag, but it doesn't have the atleast 1 of.....
But it can easily be modified via the many aftermarket stock kits.....

Thats a cute lil rifle

http://i.imgur.com/j51U0SF.jpg

What the hey!!! EVIL BLACK ASSAULT WEAPON

http://i.imgur.com/9SkUkdl.jpg

Shotgun choke adjusts spread, not recoil.

Everyone needs to read/study this. It has all of the antis main talking points and more. It’s their manual (and many of them don’t even know it)

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/748675/gun-violencemessaging-guide-pdf-1.pdf

They’re brainwashed by catchy terms and bogus arguments. It’s all there

Very good stuff here Steve, THANKS

Archived