Peterson v. LaCabe (Denver)

From Calguns, Peterson v. LaCabe (Denver):

This is a case brought by our own Gray Peterson (who is a WA resident but spends lots of time here in California helping the fight) challenging Denver and Colorado's lack of carry license reciprocity and lack of an ability to issue carry licenses to out of state residents.

Better Link.

• 3 months later...

Hi Gray,

You get around! We're glad you're here. I ask a simple question. What do you want members of Illinois Carry to know about you and your legal case to restore individual natural rights in America as protected by our Constitutional Second Amendment? Extra points for a long reply.

Jeez, sorry for the long time that I have not responded to this thread and answered your question, Howard. I'll send you a PM to let you know about it.

Folks, my case is merely one nearly a dozen carry cases that have been filed by members of the "Coalition", a group of organizations and individuals which includes the SAF, ISRA, CRPA Foundation the CalGuns Foundation, Commonwealth Second Amendment (MA), CRAL-RI, and attorneys such as Alan Gura, John Monroe, Donald Kilmer, Jason Davis, James Manley of the MSLF, and the Michel group.

My case, is pretty simple, and purely goes to a single question: The Heller and McDonald decisions clearly held there is a right to bear arms as well (Scalia's note about sensitive places) as well as keep them. It's partly a simple question, though custom to the circumstances of Denver. One other case was filed in District of Colorado but it's based on sensitive places doctrine (postal service parking lot by civil plaintiffs, which I support wholeheartedly) and not where or not one has a general right to carry outside of the home. My case, for all intents and purposes, is the "10th Circuit Carry Case".

My intention, however, is not to be "the" carry case to make it up to the SCOTUS. My preference is for one of Alan Gura's cases get taken by SCOTUS and have the potential for a GVR (grant, vacate, remand) if I lose my case at either level.....

Archived