Denied By ISP Board of Review - Official Help Topic

Molly B.

This topic is for IllinoisCarry members who have received official notification that their CCL application has been officially denied by the ISP Board of Review.

Please keep in mind this is new territory. We have never been here before and we are all learning the process as we go. There are a lot of questions we cannot answer yet, but we will find the answers. We ask that you be patient as we find our way through this.

First, if you have officially been denied by the Board of Review, please email as much information to me as you can:

1. Your complete legal name.

2. Your application number

3. TCN fingerprint number if you submitted prints.

4. A copy of the official notification letter(s).

5. Any personal history you think might have played a part in the denial.

6. Any interactions with law enforcement. This includes conversations, interviews, reports, arrests, convictions.

Email to VRowe(at)IllinoisCarry.com

I'm not in this category, thankfully. ..but feel for those that are. I do want to thank Valinda for starting this thread though. You ma'am are a Godsend to the people of Illinois. Taking the time to start this thread and the time your willing to invest on behalf of those that need help and advice proves just how passionate and caring and True Blue you are to our rights and illinois citizens. Mucho respect to you!

I'm not in this category, thankfully. ..but feel for those that are. I do want to thank Valinda for starting this thread though. You ma'am are a Godsend to the people of Illinois. Taking the time to start this thread and the time your willing to invest on behalf of those that need help and advice proves just how passionate and caring and True Blue you are to our rights and illinois citizens. Mucho respect to you!

Thank you for the kind words. We have to stick together through this. This is one more hurdle we will get past. If the ISP Board of Review are stepping beyond the bounds of the law, it must be confronted. We didn't fight to get this far just to let them get away with what might look to be unjustified denials.

There seems to be a pattern forming... I can't believe in good faith that all those posting here are all liars... And I have to wonder how many denied have never found this forum... Seems to me at best the review board is horribly sloppy, inadequate, and under qualified if the are finding numerous innocents to be prohibited... I have long said that it should be by due process of law, not on the whim of appointed flunkies that have no established criteria or oversight beyond what they say is so...

Is there a statutory prohibition on convicted felons even if they've had their firearm rights restored by both the BATFE (when the relief program was being funded) and the State? That's what happened with a guy in my district. He has the letters from both agencies to prove it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Please let us know what happends in this. When you called the ISP and asked them what documentation they used for that, what did they say?

they said they dont have this information that they only send the objection to board and the leo sends their evidence over to them. But i still dont know what evidence if i got my records and their is nothen that is in there that would consider me to be a danger to my self or others. Maybe they just objected and have no evidence to back up.. and thats why ima waist my mulah to gett it over turned and fallow by a law suit in witch i want all my money back .

So how can you defend yourself if you dont know the details. The FOID appeal process asks for all that info

I will be reviewing the statute today in order to apprise myself of the appeals process to the extent that it is set forth. I will likely have my petition for appeal hearing drafted and filed before the end of the week. I will also likely wind up sending Valinda a copy of the petition I file to share with others in my position.

Thanks Valinda! My status has not changed yet so am in a holding pattern. I do plan on taking this to the state supreme court if necessary but I think at the circuit level that should suffice. I totally agree the board is stepping beyond its boundaries and from a legal standpoint, person who is deemed a clear and present danger must have been verbally making serious threats or actions that show violence. None of what any of us has done could show that. Don't allow the denial to dissuade you in any way. Absolutely appeal and do hire an attorney. We all need to send a clear message that wrongful denials will not be tolerated.

Weve got a guy down here who got his letter yesterday saying the reason is hes a danger to himself or others. Lol he has a foid, a utah licemse a florida license and cant remember what all else. He knows all the county leo and none of them objected, he doesnt have the slightest clue whats going on but someone is sticking it to him hard. Hes sending his stuff to you today or first of week

Weve got a guy down here who got his letter yesterday saying the reason is hes a danger to himself or others. Lol he has a foid, a utah licemse a florida license and cant remember what all else. He knows all the county leo and none of them objected, he doesnt have the slightest clue whats going on but someone is sticking it to him hard. Hes sending his stuff to you today or first of week

I don't have a Utah permit but I am roughly in the same position. I should note that the ISP didn't even cite the correct statute in my denial letter. They cited a nonexistent provision (a) of the Illinois Health Policy Center Act (430 ILCS 15(a)), as opposed to 430 ILCS 66/15(a). :getlost:

Oh also vallinda one of my instructor friends has a brother whos app is being objected saying there is an error on with the training certificate but they cant figure out what would be wrong with it, looks fine to them. They called isp all last week and of course never got through. Pretty funny they say if they object you have so many days to fix but none of the dolts will answer the phone to provide any help.

Hi guys im in the same boat, i got letter yesterday and dated the 19 of march . it says they find me to be a danger to my self and others , blah blah blah, 430 ilcs15(a) instead of 66/15(a) so ok some one objected to my app. so it says they have evidence , so i will appeal to the circuit court of cook county and as on Monday march 24 2014 ima start the process, ima go to the daley office and ask for my public record see what exactly they are talking bout i only been in police department lock up for illegal gang sweeps done in neighborhood in witch cops take anyone hanging outside their home in a group of 3 or more, and to top it off they tag you as a gang member since that's the only way they could take you in sweeps. i got taken 2 times back in 2002 and i never got to see judge as soon as they called my name. judge says " no probable cause case dismiss you could take you happy a** home" and a new years party that got raided by police officers because of a firearm being discharged somewhere in my building complex. they didn't recover any gun because there wasnt any and everyone in my party got to visit lock up. BULL BULL BULL>.... these were over 10 yrs ago, i have no convictions no mental problems , no domestic, no violent crimes. oooooo and to top the cake im a armed security guard in witch i didnt have any problems getting my permits of license, so as of tomorrow i will put everything in hold including my P.I classes witch i will not waist one more dollar until i fix this issue.

Please let us know what happends in this. When you called the ISP and asked them what documentation they used for that, what did they say?

they said they dont have this information that they only send the objection to board and the leo sends their evidence over to them. But i still dont know what evidence if i got my records and their is nothen that is in there that would consider me to be a danger to my self or others. Maybe they just objected and have no evidence to back up.. and thats why ima waist my mulah to gett it over turned and fallow by a law suit in witch i want all my money back .

You've already admitted you were arrested twice in gang sweeps and once for discharging a firearm. I don't know if it should be considered sufficient evidence to back up an objection, but it's certainly evidence.

Very Odd. I just received two more of three letters in total. The first arrived last week indicating "was in residential or Court-Ordered Treatment for Alcohol in the past five years". I have one DUI under supervision until June and the Classes required do not prohibit under the law (Section 25) that I read. Mailed in a response letter with supporting court documents. Two more letters dated March 19. One says an objection was filed and the board needs 30 days. The second, dated the same day, states the board has deemed me not to be a threat and found I am eligible and will resume processing. No other arrest or brush with the law in my life. Will try to call them tomorrow.

So how can you defend yourself if you dont know the details. The FOID appeal process asks for all that info

Once you file a case in the circuit court, you presumably can have subpoenas issued for relevant materials. I intend on doing just that.

Guys, please lets all donate some money to this website. Molly has been working so hard for all of us. She needs our support. I will be donating tomarrow and will pledge $200 when I do get my CCW approved. Just anything 15 dollars, 20 whatever lets break out our plastic cards
i'll also donate tomorrow and pledge more when I receive my CCW as well. Molly has worked very HARD. We are forever grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've already admitted you were arrested twice in gang sweeps and once for discharging a firearm. I don't know if it should be considered sufficient evidence to back up an objection, but it's certainly evidence.

I believe he said it was because they thought someone had discharged a firearm somewhere in his building but that a gun was never found. Can they arrest everyone in a building because someone reported they heard a gunshot?

Dr Rat why do you post things like this ? He states he has never been convicted and no gun was ever found. Now maybe he doesn't spell the best, and maybe he doesn't use the best grammar but why do you continue to tear people apart on this board ? We don't need this kind of posting here let's be supportive of our fellow IL citizens. Many times by the grace of God in my youth I have escaped things I am not proud of and I am sure I can speak for most of us here in this regard.

I'm not sure how what he said could be considered "tearing people apart".

Multiple arrests for gang related and firearm related issues, conviction or not, is still enough evidence for a LEO objection and for the board to uphold it. I'm not sure I see how pointing that fact out is considering not being supportive.

If the poster is sitting here saying he fails to see what the problem is with his objection and someone points out exactly where the problem is, again, I'm not sure why you take issue with that.

He didn't insult him. He didn't tear into him. He simply pointed out what the poster himself had said previously. He even said, "I don't know if that should be considered sufficient evidence, but...".

I just don't understand why you thought the lecture was necessary.

Archived