Sanford Florida Shooting

mynameisaric

Everything will be OK soon.. The Rev Al Sharpton is on his way down to Florida and it will all be straighten out.

With the 50 shootings and 10 killings last weekend in Chicago, why is the MSM focusing on this one in Florida?

Is it because murders in Chicago are just a normal condition in a gun-free zone?

I think it's more likely the msm has recognized that homicide is now accepted by the city leaders as a "natural cause" of death in Chicago.

Notice the silence from the alder creatures and storefront reverends in the areas where this stuff is happening. I'm surprised though that Snuffy hasn't had anything to say but that might be because 4 of the incidents happened in his neighborhood.

This whole thing stinks to me. The father spoke at a rally in NY yesterday, and sounded like a community organizer trying to make hay, not a grieving father. We have one of those in Champaign; his son ran from the police and crashed his van, and Dad ran to the nearest microphone to scream that the police were racist. When the facts came out, the police did exactly the right thing, and the father had instructed his son to run from the cops if they ever tried to pull him over.

The fact that the police didn't even arrest Zimmerman leads me to believe that his side of the story was at least believable, unless this is the most backward, banjo-music in the background town left in America.

I look forward to the facts coming out in this case. I hope they do not paint CCW and SYG in a negative light. If they don't, however, I expect the media to drop the whole story and pretend it never happened.

Everything will be OK soon.. The Rev Al Sharpton is on his way down to Florida and it will all be straighten out.

With the 50 shootings and 10 killings last weekend in Chicago, why is the MSM focusing on this one in Florida?

Is it because murders in Chicago are just a normal condition in a gun-free zone?

I think it's more likely the msm has recognized that homicide is now accepted by the city leaders as a "natural cause" of death in Chicago.

Notice the silence from the alder creatures and storefront reverends in the areas where this stuff is happening. I'm surprised though that Snuffy hasn't had anything to say but that might be because 4 of the incidents happened in his neighborhood.

Go to snuffy's facebook page, he's all over this case and has been since it broke.

My thoughts...

This is far beyond sad for all involved.

The racial card is being played by the family and supporters of the dead kid. This is typical... and the RC probably should be played to insure escalation of a proper investigation. If they weren't saying it, it wouldn't be on TV or radio. The NEWS reports things that are said or done. NEWS did not play the race card.

The NEWS I've seen (CBS Network News) is actually reporting the story as it is. I have seen no conjecture or opinion here.

The internet bloggers are agendized amateurs with no legal departments. They can say anything they want whether it's fact or not. Most of what they write is opinion. Not NEWS.

The facts are not all in. The investigation has barely begun.

At this point, no one should be "coming down against" anyone. We will know more later... It could take awhile to sort this out.

"Media" and Journalism (NEWS) are not the same... Even if they pretend to be. The two terms are not interchangeable. Even if you THINK they are.

Chill.

We'll know more in a few weeks.

Try not to add to the insanity.

Actually, msnbc (which claims to be news), gave sharpton 2 hours of airtime night before last to run down zimmerman all night and play the race card. If I could have changed the channel at the gym, I would have.

When they give jerks like that a podium, they are as complicit as if they send their own reporters to the scene to stir the pot, IMO.

3 reasons, 1 is because it's being perseived as white on black which is retarted. 2 because he was licensed to carry and 3 because the antis are trying to blame the no duty to retreat law in FL even though that law is not applicable in this case.

BINGO!! We have a winner!

3 reasons, 1 is because it's being perseived as white on black which is retarted. 2 because he was licensed to carry and 3 because the antis are trying to blame the no duty to retreat law in FL even though that law is not applicable in this case.

BINGO!! We have a winner!

I'm not so sure it wasn't "white on black" in some way. It's been reported that Zimmerman was heard on the phone saying "f'ing c**n". I don't know if that's true or not. I don't know if that was on the police recorded line. But, if it is true, it brings a whole new pile of stink to this case.

I'm not so sure it wasn't "white on black" in some way. It's been reported that Zimmerman was heard on the phone saying "f'ing c**n". I don't know if that's true or not. I don't know if that was on the police recorded line. But, if it is true, it brings a whole new pile of stink to this case.

Yes it's true, hannity played the audio last night and they had to bleep that out because of the racist tone. It is odd though because zimmerman is part hispanic. So is it a white on black or a hispanic on black or a half white/half hispanic on black??? This is why "hate crime" laws are dumb. If you injure or kill someone in cold blood that is hate whether the criminal and the victim were of the same race or not.

Yes it's true, hannity played the audio last night and they had to bleep that out because of the racist tone. It is odd though because zimmerman is part hispanic. So is it a white on black or a hispanic on black or a half white/half hispanic on black??? This is why "hate crime" laws are dumb. If you injure or kill someone in cold blood that is hate whether the criminal and the victim were of the same race or not.

I hadn't heard Zimmerman was part Hispanic. But, it IS a "hate crime" if the victim was targeted because of their race. And, if what Zimmerman said on the recorded line is true, it sure plays into race being an issue.

Maybe Zimmerman is like me. My parents are from Mexico which makes me Hispanic. However Hispanic heritage plays no role in my life whatsoever. I don't even consider myself a minority.

"Media" and Journalism (NEWS) are not the same... Even if they pretend to be. The two terms are not interchangeable. Even if you THINK they are.

Actually, msnbc (which claims to be news), gave sharpton 2 hours of airtime night before last

Cable channel infotainment. Think "Entertainment Tonight" with a harder edge. Or O'Reilly Factor... Glenn Beck... Rachel Maddow etc. Opinion. Not News.

This is exactly why I believe in due process and not slinging charges around and jailing people. Everyone always seems to forget that people are innocent until proven guilty. Not guilty until proven innocent.

My thoughts...

This is far beyond sad for all involved.

The racial card is being played by the family and supporters of the dead kid. This is typical... and the RC probably should be played to insure escalation of a proper investigation. If they weren't saying it, it wouldn't be on TV or radio. The NEWS reports things that are said or done. NEWS did not play the race card.

The NEWS I've seen (CBS Network News) is actually reporting the story as it is. I have seen no conjecture or opinion here.

The internet bloggers are agendized amateurs with no legal departments. They can say anything they want whether it's fact or not. Most of what they write is opinion. Not NEWS.

The facts are not all in. The investigation has barely begun.

At this point, no one should be "coming down against" anyone. We will know more later... It could take awhile to sort this out.

Chill.

We'll know more in a few weeks.

Try not to add to the insanity.

The race baiters farrakhan and Sharpton have finally shown up in Florida and are talking about taking "revenge" on Zimmerman. Turns out though that George is Hispanic and has African American family members (Looks like the Lefts "Racist" theory is starting to unravel). I'm not trying to stick up for the guy but i think ALL the facts need to come out before he gets crucified.

According to this article, Zimmerman was on the ground, had grass stains on the back of his shirt and there was blood on him.

http://www.orlandose...letter-20120315,0,1716605.story

George Zimmerman's father: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin

10:42 p.m. EST, March 15, 2012|By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

The Sanford Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, did not instigate the encounter but has received death threats and moved out of his home, his father told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday.

George Zimmerman, 28, has not been arrested, something that has put him and the Sanford Police Department at the center of a firestorm. Critics say Trayvon, who was visiting family from his home in Miami, was a victim of racial profiling.

Zimmerman's father, 64-year-old Robert Zimmerman of Lake Mary, delivered a one-page letter to the Sentinel on Thursday, saying that the depiction of his son in the media has been cruel and misleading.

George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family, the statement says.

"He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever ...," the letter says. "The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

The letter does not provide details about what happened Feb. 26 on a walkway in the gated community where George Zimmerman lives and where Trayvon was visiting. But it does challenge one basic assumption of the family's lawyers: that Zimmerman's intent when he got out of his sport utility vehicle was to confront Trayvon after calling police to report a suspicious person.

"At no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin. When the true details of the event became public, and I hope that will be soon," the letter said, "everyone should be outraged by the treatment of George Zimmerman in the media."

Police have released little information about what happened that night and no details about how Trayvon and Zimmerman came to be face to face.

No one disputes that Zimmerman called police from his SUV, then left it and encountered Trayvon on foot as the teenager returned from a 7-Eleven candy run.

Before an officer arrived, Trayvon and Zimmerman got into a fight, according to police, and witnesses heard one or both calling for help, and Zimmerman shot Trayvon once with a 9 mm handgun.

Zimmerman told police he acted in self-defense. Police found blood on his face and the back of his head as well as grass on the back of his shirt.

That jibes with what Cheryl Brown's teenage son witnessed while walking his dog that night. Thirteen-year-old Austin stepped out his front door and heard people fighting, he told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday.

"I heard screaming and crying for help," he said. "I heard, 'Help me.' "

It was dark, and the boy did not see how the fight started, in fact, he only saw one person, a man in a red shirt — Zimmerman — who was on the ground.

The boy said he is not sure who called for help. After a moment, his dog escaped, and he turned to catch it and a few seconds later heard a gunshot, he said.

"When I heard the shot, the screaming stopped," he said.

He then rushed inside and told his sister to call police.

In his letter, Robert Zimmerman wrote that what happened that night was "tragic … and very sad for all concerned. The Martin family, our family and the entire community have been forever changed."

George Zimmerman has not talked publicly about what happened, his father said, because that's the advice police gave him. Both Zimmerman families have moved out of their homes, at least temporarily, Robert Zimmerman said, because they've received death threats.

Police on Tuesday turned the case over to the State Attorney's Office, saying they did not have evidence to justify George Zimmerman's arrest on a charge of manslaughter.

Prosecutors will now likely spend several weeks studying the case before making a decision on whether to charge Zimmerman.

Sanford police Chief Bill Lee Jr. told the Sentinel on Thursday night that he has invited the U.S. Department of Justice and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to review the investigation.

"It's an open book," Lee said. "If they want to look at what we did and how we did it and what information we have, they're welcome to it."

The FDLE has received a letter from the State Attorney's Office asking agents to review the case, spokeswoman Gretl Plessinger said.

Sanford police on Thursday also challenged a WFTV-Channel 9 report, in which Mary Cutcher said police largely ignored her even though she told them, "I know this was not self-defense. There was no punching, no hitting going on at the time, no wrestling."

Police said they twice tried to interview her without success, and the third time, she wrote a very short sworn statement for her roommate that was consistent with Zimmerman's account.

More than 400 people gathered Wednesday at a Sanford church, where black community leaders and Baltimore evangelist Jamal Bryant again demanded that Zimmerman be arrested.

Some of Trayvon's family members are expected to be a news conference this morning called by Orlando attorney Natalie Jackson, who is representing the family.

This whole situation is going to go from bad to worse and possibly even to mega disaster and I am very worried it won't stay in Florida.

It has already left Florida, it is spreading everywhere with this million hoodie march! I have a real bad feeling the only way to avoid riots are gonna be to convict zimmerman!

It really doesn't matter if Trayvon punched him and knocked him to the ground, etc. if Trayvon was "standing his ground".

It's appears to me after being followed, chased and then confronted Travvon may very well have taken a stand your ground position against his stalker.

Use of deadly force against an unarmed person resulting from a pursuit and confrontation with the other party that you have no knowledge has commited a criminal act is at best voluntary manslaughter.

We will see what becomes of this.

This whole thing smells. It could be that an anti 2a states attorney with the help of national bloomberg, joyce, brady money are astroturfing this everywhere while the states attorney is complicit by saying "we can't charge him because we need to repeal the stand your ground law". Which is obviously untrue.

I think there is big money behind this whole thing, and I think this childs death is being used in the worst way by the organized anti 2a bunch.

This whole thing smells. It could be that an anti 2a states attorney with the help of national bloomberg, joyce, brady money are astroturfing this everywhere while the states attorney is complicit by saying "we can't charge him because we need to repeal the stand your ground law". Which is obviously untrue.

I think there is big money behind this whole thing, and I think this childs death is being used in the worst way by the organized anti 2a bunch.

+1 i will always think the anti's are behind it.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

Updated: Friday, 23 Mar 2012, 6:19 PM EDT

Published : Friday, 23 Mar 2012, 5:47 PM EDT

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

There's still a problem. As FF points out, if it's true that Zimmerman pursued Martin, then lost him, then circled back and re-acquired him, pursued him again, and then somehow ended up on the ground getting hit . . . . well, that doesn't establish that Zimmerman was defending himself or that Martin wasn't. It actually suggests that Martin was the defender and Zimmerman was the aggressor.

If you pursue or attack someone, then he defends himself from you and gets the upper hand, you generally don't have a legal right to "defend yourself" by escalating the level of force in order to prevail. And so much of this is going to be filtered through the "reasonably believed" standard at trial, where Zimmerman's attorneys will face the task of getting a jury of peers to conclude that a hypothetical "average reasonable man on the street" would have done more or less what Zimmerman did if he found himself in Zimmerman's shoes.

There's still a problem. As FF points out, if it's true that Zimmerman pursued Martin, then lost him, then circled back and re-acquired him, pursued him again, and then somehow ended up on the ground getting hit

That's the problem, everything so far has been pure speculation. Only the witnesses that are just now starting to come forward know what happened. He could have got out of his car then decided to listen to the dispatcher and leave, but it was too late, no one knows for sure what happened. Everything is sealed in a folder awaiting a grand jury hearing.

I think it's dubious, at best, that a "witness" comes forward--now. After a month, of media attention and police investigation (or lack there of) supposedly someone saw the shooting? I dunno.

The bottom line, to me, is, Zimmerman pursued Martin, he didn't act in self defense. he could have done what the dispatcher told him and stay out of it, and wait for the police.

I'll wait for the FBI and the DOJ investigation results.

I think it's dubious, at best, that a "witness" comes forward--now. After a month, of media attention and police investigation (or lack there of) supposedly someone saw the shooting? I dunno.

The bottom line, to me, is, Zimmerman pursued Martin, he didn't act in self defense. he could have done what the dispatcher told him and stay out of it, and wait for the police.

I'll wait for the FBI and the DOJ investigation results.

He did not come forward now. He spoke to the police at the time of the incident. The press finally found him.

After reading this article I don't think it will matter what the true facts are even after they come out. The DOJ is investigating it as a hate crime and with Holder's current problems you can bet there will be a prosecution. Then you read this about the NBP's and the language used and wonder if this guy is going to have to use a weapon again to defend himself.

I guess this was to be expected after Jackson and Sharpton got there and started their usual racial agitation of people. This is going to get a lot uglier a lot faster than people thought.

SANFORD — Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, leader Mikhail Muhammad announced during a protest in Sanford today.

When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month.

Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland and Jacksonville -- where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. But he declined to say when they will begin their hunt.

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

After reading this article I don't think it will matter what the true facts are even after they come out. The DOJ is investigating it as a hate crime and with Holder's current problems you can bet there will be a prosecution. Then you read this about the NBP's and the language used and wonder if this guy is going to have to use a weapon again to defend himself.

I guess this was to be expected after Jackson and Sharpton got there and started their usual racial agitation of people. This is going to get a lot uglier a lot faster than people thought.

SANFORD — Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, leader Mikhail Muhammad announced during a protest in Sanford today.

When asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly saying: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month.

Muhammad said members of his group would search for Zimmerman themselves in Maitland and Jacksonville -- where the 28-year old worked before the shooting, employees there told the Orlando Sentinel. But he declined to say when they will begin their hunt.

Trayvon Martin case: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of George Zimmerman

New Black Panther party issued a "Wanted dead or Alive" poster on George Zimmerman. Since the DOJ seems to look the other way with these radical nuts I'm sure that nothing will be done.

post-154-133262367685.jpg

http://www.allvoices...k-panther-party

Archived