A Thread For IGOLD Newbies

Lou

I don't think the Rockford/Mendota bus is stopping for lunch this year. Any ideas for where to find some eats near the convention center?

Rockford is scheduled to pull in at 10:30, I think. A little early for lunch.

Last year I found a little place a block or so away. Concession stands at the Convention Center have hot dogs and nachos. No thanks.

See if this link works for you = Google Search

Somewhere on there they have a search feature where you can put restaurants in. I remember a Bennigans right there.

Anyone else have suggestions other than the concessions inside?

Go to google map, search for " restaurants near prairie capital convention center, springfield, IL". There's a bennigans, starbucks and lindsay's within a half block of the center. Lots of others along the route.

Always the capital cafeteria in the tunnel if you can wait that long. Might rub shoulders with some legislators hiding hanging out down there!!

Tim

Ah yes the tunnell, haven't been there since my 4th grade field trip. I remember if vividly!

That tunnel goes between the capital building and Statton? Stratton?(something like that) building, anyway a building with a lot of legislators offices. Use the tunnel and you don't have to go thru security again.

That tunnel goes between the capital building and Statton? Stratton?(something like that) building, anyway a building with a lot of legislators offices. Use the tunnel and you don't have to go thru security again.

Stratton, named after the 32nd Governor of the state of Illinois, William G. Stratton. Governor from 1953 to 1961. He was aquitted on charges of tax evasion in 1965.

Everyone please stay focused! Two years ago while meeting with my Senator in his office he suggested he was open to discuss the budget or whatever. I politely informed him I took a day off work and came to Springfield to talk about 2A issues. And that put things back on track. Last year one of the other people in the same Senators office basicly said "we need CCW" then wanted to talk about high speed rail in Illinois.

This is IGOLD, let us not be distracted!!! Jim.

This is my first year going. If I make and bring a homemade sign to carry, will we have somewhere to put our signs before we go inside?

The capitol maintenance guys plan to place barrels at the Lincoln Statue steps for us to put our signs in. Signs with sticks cannot be taken inside. Signs without sticks cannot be taken above the first floor.

This is my first year going to IGOLD, well actually there are seven of us going for the first time. I have a question that probably has been asked multiple times, but I am asking anyway. Is there any place to buy the shirts, hats, etc before you get to IGOLD other than on-line? I was thinking maybe they sell them on the bus ride up or something.

Thanks

This is my first year going to IGOLD, well actually there are seven of us going for the first time. I have a question that probably has been asked multiple times, but I am asking anyway. Is there any place to buy the shirts, hats, etc before you get to IGOLD other than on-line? I was thinking maybe they sell them on the bus ride up or something.

Thanks

There will be a table inside the PCCC where the ISRA always has them for sale. It is great to see the sea of gold for the march.

Thanks

There will be a table inside the PCCC where the ISRA always has them for sale. It is great to see the sea of gold for the march.

Thanks

Sea of gold, looks kind of like this thumbsup.png

That picture must've been taken during a year when we had warmer weather at IGOLD. 3 years ago maybe? Some years, the heavy winter coats on everyone cover up the sea of gold. So far, this year looks to be a nice warm IGOLD! Nothing beats marching in 50+ degree weather on a sunny day! But you never know for sure until the day of.

You're correct. I can tell because of some of the banners. Here is last year with three of the four McDonald Plaintiffs in front.

That would be a pic of last year. Most of the "gold" in the crowd was the signs. It was a bit too cold for not wearing a coat. But I'm hopeful for this year...

I will be attending and have a question about cameras being inside the capital and the convention center? Are they allowed?

Cameras are allowed in both locations. The only restriction I know of is no flash in the gallery if legislators are in session.

Thank you Molly, Hope to meet a few of you in Springfield next week.

Here's another tip incase it hasn't been covered. Bring an ink pen and a #2 pencil. You have some things to fill out, there are raffle tickets you may want, there may be important info you want to jot down and you just never know who you'll meet that you want to trade contact info with.

Here's another tip incase it hasn't been covered. Bring an ink pen and a #2 pencil. You have some things to fill out, there are raffle tickets you may want, there may be important info you want to jot down and you just never know who you'll meet that you want to trade contact info with.

I find bringing those return address labels we all get in the mail work great

Archived