Board Review...

majd0910

I dont feel like replying to that guy that is mad because I was speeding lmao, but no one said speeding is okay. We're saying speeding tickets should not impede the access to protect yourself. @cnwfan3 Thanks for explaining I agree with everything you said. To clear up I have no convictions but I've had a total of like 12 tickets in the best 8 years of driving. All dismissed and never had to do driving school or supervision. If you need a good lawyer hmu lol. MY family and I own businesses and its just sad that I cannot protect myself in the case of robbery or riots. We are good people and this state sucks. Have been debating completely moving and just taking my business to another state.

I dont feel like replying to that guy that is mad because I was speeding lmao, but no one said speeding is okay. We're saying speeding tickets should not impede the access to protect yourself. @cnwfan3 Thanks for explaining I agree with everything you said. To clear up I have no convictions but I've had a total of like 12 tickets in the best 8 years of driving. All dismissed and never had to do driving school or supervision. If you need a good lawyer hmu lol. MY family and I own businesses and its just sad that I cannot protect myself in the case of robbery or riots. We are good people and this state sucks. Have been debating completely moving and just taking my business to another state.

If you have a FOID card you can arm yourself at your fixed place of business. You would have to transport the firearm to your business legally, of course. Unloaded and fully encased is one way to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a FOID card you can arm yourself at your fixed place of business. You would have to transport the firearm to your business legally, of course. Unloaded and fully encased is one way to do that.

That is what I thought. However, I hear different things from different police officers and different agencies. I have no idea what the rule is so I just would rather not take the risk. This whole process is annoying. Unfortunately, I made a horrible mistake speeding and arguing with the officer. I even went in and apologized for the way that I acted. Now it is a waiting game. Makes me want to pick up and move to Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So I applied for my conceal on June 4th, and prior to that I never had any sort of record that was violent or dangerous. However, 3 weeks after applying I got pulled over for going 30 over (yes very stupid of me) and got arrested by the police officer how was rather rude. I received a letter almost 3 months later now dated aug 25 saying that an objection was given by a police department and I dont know if it was the sheriffs or my local police department. Is there anything i should be worried about or can do to speed this up? And yes, Im in cook county lol. Thanks guys.

Edit: also my case was completely dismissed not even a month later by my lawyer (hit me

Up if you need one around south suburban Chicago area). I have no convictions on my file.

There has to be more to this story. You don't get arrested just for going 30 over the speed limit...

Ummm, it's driving to endanger, reckless driving and whatever else they can come up with. If he was cutting through lanes and cutting cars off and being aggressive then yeah, I could see him being arrested.

Hey guys,

So I applied for my conceal on June 4th, and prior to that I never had any sort of record that was violent or dangerous. However, 3 weeks after applying I got pulled over for going 30 over (yes very stupid of me) and got arrested by the police officer how was rather rude. I received a letter almost 3 months later now dated aug 25 saying that an objection was given by a police department and I dont know if it was the sheriffs or my local police department. Is there anything i should be worried about or can do to speed this up? And yes, Im in cook county lol. Thanks guys.

Edit: also my case was completely dismissed not even a month later by my lawyer (hit me

Up if you need one around south suburban Chicago area). I have no convictions on my file.

There has to be more to this story. You don't get arrested just for going 30 over the speed limit...

Ummm, it's driving to endanger, reckless driving and whatever else they can come up with. If he was cutting through lanes and cutting cars off and being aggressive then yeah, I could see him being arrested.

I was arrested because it was a Class B Misdemeanor. In Illinois, especially Cook County, 26-30 over now means you get arrested. I was going in a straight line not cutting anyone off neither was I recklessly driving. Stop making assumptions! All it does is make an a** out of you and me!

Congrats on getting your CCL! Try to be nicer to people you don't know!!!

I was arrested because it was a Class B Misdemeanor. In Illinois, especially Cook County, 26-30 over now means you get arrested. I was going in a straight line not cutting anyone off neither was I recklessly driving. Stop making assumptions! All it does is make an a** out of you and me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straight line or cutting someone off, it really doesn't matter. The momentum you're carrying in a 4,000+ pound car and the distance your car travels before your brain can register the need to hit the brakes and your foot physically hits the pedal is just a recipe for disaster.

In addition to the fact that you do this often enough to get caught as often as you do.

In addition to thinking because you're driving in a straight line so it's not like you were cutting people off.

In addition to arguing with a cop who proverbially tried to shake the nonsense out of you..........literally for your own good because he was a jerk right?

....I am not assuming anything, it's actually plain to see. You are so worried about other people like myself but it'd be really nice if you took a breath, step back and think about other people rather than yourself. When you're older and more mature you'll realize your actions impact so many other people and just because you have the free will to do something doesn't mean you should. You obviously don't give a rats @ss about the stress and depression you'd put on your own family if you kill yourself never mind some complete strangers family, those strangers are probably not even a thought in your mind. All of these things truly are indicators of someone's personality, values (or lack of), maturity level and sense of responsibility.

More than likely the cops, ISP and the board don't give a sh*t about your speeding but they are thinking of the "type" of person you must be and I bet you my bottom dollar that they are just delaying you because of the type of person you come off as. You'll get the license for better or worse but if you want to drive around like that.... you'll reap what you sow.

If you drive like that, talk like this and think as you have shown then my goodness, you'll probably have a real delightful attitude when you get p***** off and know you have a firearm on you waist. I have total faith that you'll grow out of it eventually, you'll be even better of a person than you may be now but if you're going to be under a microscope when it comes to certain things you may want to behave as such.

Oh, btw, you do know you could actually be nice to people YOU don't know by nothing driving like an idiot and putting them in danger. Think of the blind and deaf grandmother who shouldn't even be driving in the first place who cuts you off because she's senile and doesn't use her mirrors and you're doing 90 MPH up her @ss while she's doing 55 mph with 3 kids in the back of her car.......but you were going in a strait line right?

Do whatever you want man.

• 3 weeks later...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straight line or cutting someone off, it really doesn't matter. The momentum you're carrying in a 4,000+ pound car and the distance your car travels before your brain can register the need to hit the brakes and your foot physically hits the pedal is just a recipe for disaster.

In addition to the fact that you do this often enough to get caught as often as you do.

In addition to thinking because you're driving in a straight line so it's not like you were cutting people off.

In addition to arguing with a cop who proverbially tried to shake the nonsense out of you..........literally for your own good because he was a jerk right?

....I am not assuming anything, it's actually plain to see. You are so worried about other people like myself but it'd be really nice if you took a breath, step back and think about other people rather than yourself. When you're older and more mature you'll realize your actions impact so many other people and just because you have the free will to do something doesn't mean you should. You obviously don't give a rats @ss about the stress and depression you'd put on your own family if you kill yourself never mind some complete strangers family, those strangers are probably not even a thought in your mind. All of these things truly are indicators of someone's personality, values (or lack of), maturity level and sense of responsibility.

More than likely the cops, ISP and the board don't give a sh*t about your speeding but they are thinking of the "type" of person you must be and I bet you my bottom dollar that they are just delaying you because of the type of person you come off as. You'll get the license for better or worse but if you want to drive around like that.... you'll reap what you sow.

If you drive like that, talk like this and think as you have shown then my goodness, you'll probably have a real delightful attitude when you get p***** off and know you have a firearm on you waist. I have total faith that you'll grow out of it eventually, you'll be even better of a person than you may be now but if you're going to be under a microscope when it comes to certain things you may want to behave as such.

Oh, btw, you do know you could actually be nice to people YOU don't know by nothing driving like an idiot and putting them in danger. Think of the blind and deaf grandmother who shouldn't even be driving in the first place who cuts you off because she's senile and doesn't use her mirrors and you're doing 90 MPH up her @ss while she's doing 55 mph with 3 kids in the back of her car.......but you were going in a strait line right?

Do whatever you want man.

Sorry for coming off rude. You are right, it is definitely not the best thing to speed. I honestly do not speed as often as others do and again this is only my third ticket in 6 years, and most of them weren't speeding. However, speeding or not, it does not constitute for my application to go under board review. I got arrested because it was a Class B regardless.

it does not constitute for my application to go under board review

Most people don't even have a single ticket in the past 20+ years. In the end it doesn't matter, I (and I suspect others) are not here to judge you as a person and maybe even I got off track.

When it comes to your license, if the speeding ticket(s) is the only objection that's being used against you and the fact that up to 85% of objections are over turned.... I'd say you're in good shape aside from the waiting for everything to be reviewed, dismissed and the rest of the processing time. Now is not a good time to be under board review because of how long it takes..... BUT a bit of a wait time is much better than a definite denied status.

You can look at the wait time in so many different positive angles.

1.) Gives you time to save cash so you can buy the gun cash and not on a credit card.

2.) Gives you time to research what you really want rather than picking from whatever is available/left over.

3.) Time to rent and test other guns.

All sorts of things you can do in the mean time. Bottom line is it just sucks to wait but it's a matter of perspective in a sense.

it does not constitute for my application to go under board review

Most people don't even have a single ticket in the past 20+ years. In the end it doesn't matter, I (and I suspect others) are not here to judge you as a person and maybe even I got off track.

When it comes to your license, if the speeding ticket(s) is the only objection that's being used against you and the fact that up to 85% of objections are over turned.... I'd say you're in good shape aside from the waiting for everything to be reviewed, dismissed and the rest of the processing time. Now is not a good time to be under board review because of how long it takes..... BUT a bit of a wait time is much better than a definite denied status.

You can look at the wait time in so many different positive angles.

1.) Gives you time to save cash so you can buy the gun cash and not on a credit card.

2.) Gives you time to research what you really want rather than picking from whatever is available/left over.

3.) Time to rent and test other guns.

All sorts of things you can do in the mean time. Bottom line is it just sucks to wait but it's a matter of perspective in a sense.

Of course. I understand and apologize again. I know the objection will most likely be overruled, but I just really hate how I have to wait to protect myself over something that has no direct correlation to whether or not I should or should not be able to conceal. Logically, I have had my FOID card since I was 18. If I was a true threat to myself or anyone around me, why allow me to still have my FOID? I go to Graduate School in Chicago (not the best part either) and man the street I live on has crimes occur frequently literally 3-4 blocks down. I just want to be able to protect myself! Also I already got the guns I will conceal carry lol, so I have nothing to wait for unfortunately.

Archived