Offices of Martin Sandoval - legislator - being raided

Hatchet

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., September 24, 2019 at 05:21 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., September 24, 2019 at 05:21 PM - No reason given

Last guy had his wife text him, it was about the active shooter at Woodfield Mall!

Does your buddy have connections deep in Springfield?

If I sound gruff, it’s all the misinformation we are placing out here anymore.

I get it, everyone wants to be first post, simple ask G and link........

https://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/2019/9/24/20882010/state-senator-martin-sandoval-feds-raid-springfield-office

Hmmm. "In a related move, agents were also at other locations Tuesday, a source said."

I read that were at his house and his local Chicago office as well so that might be what they are eluding to, but that doesn't mean they were not at other locations involving other people at the same time...

Wonder if Springfield stores are running out of paper shredders....

After Blago's house was raided but before the trial for several days there was a shredder truck parked outside his house. Literally a large truck housing an industrial-sized paper shredder. I never once saw this mentioned in any news report, but I saw it there because I live a few blocks away. I've always wondered about that and how it was allowed.

You would think that with this many involved that it would be more main stream news. Radio silent..

Yep, mostly silent, but it's even bigger than just McCook, appears that they raided a bunch of other places today as well, one could easily speculate the bread crumbs from previous raids are starting to tell a bigger picture.

Federal agents on Thursday hit the village halls of southwest suburban McCook, Lyons and Summit as well as other locations as part of an ongoing criminal investigation, sources said.
An FBI spokesman confirmed “authorized law enforcement activity” in McCook and Lyons as well as “investigative activity” in neighboring southwest suburban Summit but declined to elaborate or provide further details. The feds also executed a search warrant at Getty Insurance in Lyons, the agency of Lyon’s Mayor Christopher Getty.
In Summit, FBI agents took no records but did interview village employees about contracts and licensing, a source familiar with the matter said. No one was arrested.

Federal agents hit McCook, Lyons and Summit as part of criminal investigation
Cook County Commissioner Jeff Tobolski is the mayor of the small, southwest suburb of McCook, but it’s unclear if the ongoing criminal investigation is tied to him.
Cook County Commissioner and McCook Mayor Jeff Tobolski Sun-Times file photo
Federal agents on Thursday hit the village halls of southwest suburban McCook, Lyons and Summit as well as other locations as part of an ongoing criminal investigation, sources said.
An FBI spokesman confirmed “authorized law enforcement activity” in McCook and Lyons as well as “investigative activity” in neighboring southwest suburban Summit but declined to elaborate or provide further details. The feds also executed a search warrant at Getty Insurance in Lyons, the agency of Lyon’s Mayor Christopher Getty.
In Summit, FBI agents took no records but did interview village employees about contracts and licensing, a source familiar with the matter said. No one was arrested.
In a scene that has become familiar in recent months, agents arrived shortly before McCook village offices opened for the day and left hours later carrying boxes of documents and computer equipment, sources said.
McCook village attorney Gary Perlman confirmed the existence of the search warrant but declined to provide a copy.
He said investigators were seeking information related to “various contractors that have done work with the village.”
”We’re still looking at it ourselves,” Perlman said.
The Democratic mayor of McCook is Jeff Tobolski, who also serves as a Cook County commissioner. Phone calls to Tobolski’s offices went directly to voicemail.
Tobolski did not attend the Cook County board meeting on Thursday. Cook County President Toni Preckwinkle said he was out sick.
It’s unclear if the ongoing investigation is tied to Tobolski.
Carlos Aparicio, a lawyer on Tobolski’s Cook County staff, said federal agents hadn’t visited the McCook mayor’s county offices.
News of the raid slowly made its way to commissioners.
“I had no idea — you just broke the news to me,” Commissioner Stanley Moore, D-Chicago, said Thursday afternoon. “I’m surprised. Nobody wants anything bad to happen to anybody.”
Tobolski’s brother, Theron, McCook’s treasurer, told the Sun-Times that while he knows about the raid, he doesn’t know what it’s about.
”I have no idea what it’s over,” he said, adding that he also does not know whether his brother is a target. “I honestly have no idea.”
Jeff Tobolski’s wife, Cathleen, is her husband’s campaign treasurer. Asked over the phone whether she or the fund has had contact with federal authorities, she hung up on a reporter.
On Tuesday, federal agents executed search warrants on the offices and home of state Sen. Martin Sandoval (D-Chicago). Sandoval’s district includes McCook and Lyons. Lyons officials did not immediately return phone calls requesting comment Thursday.
Over the years, Tobolski has faced criticism for his hiring practices in the tiny town, which has about 200 people. He has hired numerous family members for village jobs and in 2010 he hired one of his political volunteers and an ex-Cook County employee who pleaded guilty in 2007 to official misconduct and bribery for conning a woman into a sex act in return for a nonexistent government job. The man, Felice “Phil” Vanaria, got a part-time job at the village-owned indoor gym.
The investigation also includes agents from IRS Criminal Investigation.

Archived