The NRA and Russia

bmurph44

What difference does it make if we are armed in this day an age?

I have a safe full of AR-15's...they are pretty useless against nukes, planes, tanks, chemical warfare, ect. But more importantly (and realistically), no other country is invading the U.S. like some Red Dawn scenario. It would be far easier and cheaper (the Russians JUST DID THIS to another country) to attack us the way do are doing it now. Cyber-warfare (or hit our power grids and economy) and influence manipulation. Turn everyone against each other while working their way into positions of influence politically. Look how tribal we are already. How many memes and hashtags are created and pushed by Russians? And they are doing it to both the right AND left.

A difference of opinion on how another country is ATTACKING US and what their motive is makes me a lefty infiltrator? What am I infiltrating?

I would say Maria (Mariia) Butina meets the actual definition of an infiltrator, that is who your ire should be pointed at IMO.

I have a safe full of AR-15's...they are pretty useless against nukes, planes, tanks, chemical warfare, ect.

In an insurgency, defending foreign or domestically overthrowing a tyrant, small arms make a huge difference. A tyrant is not going to use jets, chemical weapons, nukes, etc. against it's own people. If a leader destroyed a country's means of production to put down an insurrection there would be nothing left of the country to lead.

I know you are going to retort "but what about Syria". Well, think long and hard about that and the mainstream media's dialog on the reason for that war.

Which is the point I want to draw you to. The mainstream media often gets the who what where when and sometimes how correct. You can often confirm information that's generally accepted as facts by corroborating between multiple media sources.

Media often misses the "why", or often has different "why's" across different media. Media is heavily editorialized to make you believe certain things that benefit the groups invested in a particular media.

Find out who owns what media publication (majority and large share holders) and it will reveal the intentions of "why". Also look into voice of America and the repeal of the Smith-Mundt Modernization (repeal) Act in 2013 and realize that the US government is also adding their own editorialized bias to domestic media (IE propaganda).

We are already heavily infiltrated by everyone but the average American citizen. It's not about bringing the US to a violent end, it's about getting paid. Follow the money. That greed could bring the US crashing down, but that really doesn't benefit the infiltrators.

A difference of opinion on how another country is ATTACKING US and what their motive is makes me a lefty infiltrator? What am I infiltrating?

I would say Maria (Mariia) Butina meets the actual definition of an infiltrator, that is who your ire should be pointed at IMO.

No offense, but you may need to up your critical thinking game. You probably do it subconsciously, but you quote verbatim heavily editorialized talking points from certain persuasions of mainstream media. You may be biased to accept certain opinions as facts based on the narrow band of media you consume. I'd recommend stepping outside your comfort zone and start thinking for yourself rather then parroting other people's propaganda. All news is "fake news", it's up to you to piece together the reality.

You can be a leftist who likes guns, nothing wrong with that. Heck, I wish there were more, I'd welcome them. I accept there are certain jobs and financial reasons people vote left that may differ from my motivations to vote right. Critical thinking involves recognizing biases all around.

Unfortunately most leftists lack the critical thinking skills to challenge their party's dialog on guns (along with their party's media propaganda). We are just encouraging you to be smarter then that.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 5, 2018 at 12:16 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 5, 2018 at 12:16 AM - No reason given

I have a safe full of AR-15's...they are pretty useless against nukes, planes, tanks, chemical warfare, ect.

I’ve seen this argument before. Do you watch a lot of CNN or MSNBC?

Nailed it.

Nailed it.

Ummmm...well, do they?

"You can be a leftist who likes guns, nothing wrong with that. Heck, I wish there were more, I'd welcome them. Unfortunately most leftists lack the critical thinking skills to challenge their party's dialog on guns (along with their party's media propaganda). "

You just skipped the whole conversation on the actual spy under arrest to bash "leftists" and get int a debate about the mainstream media.

Let me repeat, there is SPY under arrest.

We all just watch the surreal exchange on TV between Trump and Putin. Yet it is "lefties lack critical thought, and mainstream media" in a thread about the NRA and Russia. ...

This is called an echo chamber.

^^^

Since your “AR-15’s are useless against nukes”, and “it doesn’t make a difference if we are armed in this day and age”, maybe I’ll trade you a bunch of $100 was-mart gift cards for each of your rifles? Tell you what: post a pic with a time stamp (piece of paper with your screename on it next to your rifles) and confirm you actually do own a safe full of AR’s. I did it when I was accused of trolling and not being who I said i was. Do that and i’ll Apologize for calling you an anti-gun troll

See

http://i.imgur.com/RgOK6fe.jpg

Don't take this personally because my intention is not to attack but debate. In the spirit of critical thinking I'm pushing you to question your own biases.

"You can be a leftist who likes guns, nothing wrong with that. Heck, I wish there were more, I'd welcome them. Unfortunately most leftists lack the critical thinking skills to challenge their party's dialog on guns (along with their party's media propaganda). "

You just skipped the whole conversation on the actual spy under arrest to bash "leftists" and get int a debate about the mainstream media.

We all just watch the surreal exchange on TV between Trump and Putin. Yet it is "lefties lack critical thought, and mainstream media" in a thread about the NRA and Russia. ...

People are questioning you because you've parroted mainstream media antigun propaganda 3 times (by my count). It's not worth anyone's time debunking because they aren't your own opinions.

I don't dispute the spy in the NRA dialog. I only am disputing what you think is the intention of the spy. It's not to collapse the US, it's to get US dollars. I debunked that in the 1st post I made in this thread.

The lie about trying to collapse the US is leftist cold War propaganda to accuse Trump of being treasonous and justify impeachment.

Is Trump a scumbag businessman turned politician that's funelling money foreign and domestic in pay to play? Yup, in agreement. Find one politician that hasn't done exactly what Trump did. Not an echo chamber.

If we want to throw around the word treason I'd be the first to argue every politician should be put up against the wall. But the current system pays most of us pretty good money so I'm also not advocating for collapse or revolution.

Real question, do you believe a democratically elected president should be impeached? This is accepting the non biased fact that both parties involved unfairly competed in the election. What's not known and probably won't be revealed is whether it was by foreign proxy business interests, unknowingly, or deliberately.

https://twitter.com/RepMaxineWaters/status/994345886640758785?s=19

Would you agree that an impeachment with the installation of a non democratically elected official of the opposing party would have massive consequences on our income and stability of the country? Because that's literally the 2018 DNC platform, even if it's a fantasy.

Realpolitiks here, who's worse for the US? The Russians for wanting to make US dollars and get a piece of our economy and GDP? Or the DNC for wanting to undermine what's left of the illusion of democracy?

^^^

Since your “AR-15’s are useless against nukes”, and “it doesn’t make a difference if we are armed in this day and age”, maybe I’ll trade you a bunch of $100 was-mart gift cards for each of your rifles? Tell you what: post a pic with a time stamp (piece of paper with your screename on it next to your rifles) and confirm you actually do own a safe full of AR’s. I did it when I was accused of trolling and not being who I said i was. Do that and i’ll Apologize for calling you an anti-gun troll

See

How do you attach a file from a hard drive? Every time I hit "Choose File" and grab it from my HD, then hit "Attach This File", nothing happens.

I don't put any pics of my weapons on Facebook...which is why I'm not using a link.

Don't take this personally because my intention is not to attack but debate. In the spirit of critical thinking I'm pushing you to question your own biases.

People are questioning you because you've parroted mainstream media antigun propaganda 3 times (by my count). It's not worth anyone's time debunking because they aren't your own opinions.

I don't dispute the spy in the NRA dialog. I only am disputing what you think is the intention of the spy. It's not to collapse the US, it's to get US dollars. I debunked that in the 1st post I made in this thread.

The lie about trying to collapse the US is leftist cold War propaganda to accuse Trump of being treasonous and justify impeachment.

Is Trump a scumbag businessman turned politician that's funelling money foreign and domestic in pay to play? Yup, in agreement. Find one politician that hasn't done exactly what Trump did. Not an echo chamber.

If we want to throw around the word treason I'd be the first to argue every politician should be put up against the wall. But the current system pays most of us pretty good money so I'm also not advocating for collapse or revolution.

Real question, do you believe a democratically elected president should be impeached? This is accepting the non biased fact that both parties involved unfairly competed in the election. What's not known and probably won't be revealed is whether it was by foreign proxy business interests, unknowingly, or deliberately.

https://twitter.com/RepMaxineWaters/status/994345886640758785?s=19

Would you agree that an impeachment with the installation of a non democratically elected official of the opposing party would have massive consequences on our income and stability of the country? Because that's literally the 2018 DNC platform, even if it's a fantasy.

Realpolitiks here, who's worse for the US? The Russians for wanting to make US dollars and get a piece of our economy and GDP? Or the DNC for wanting to undermine what's left of the illusion of democracy?

Dude, you actually telling what my opinion is. "because they aren't your own opinions."

I think Russia wants to more than what you've stated. They would love to increase their wealth and power, hurt the West (that would include us), and weaken NATO. I think Putin wants to make Russia "the" superpower.

If you are asking should an elected POTUS be impeached? Yes (technically it has already happened, just not convicted). So the answer you last question, I think it is far more than Russia "just" wanting dollars....thus, it is worth effort.

I'm trying "My Media" and manage attachments...but nothing is working. I'm trying a free hosting site, but when I preview it, it looks like something is being attached at the end of the pics. When I was a mod on a different forum, we used to always look for odd links like that and delete them as spam. I'm getting this error "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

thumbnail_1.jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail_2.jpg
I deleted the tag on the end and it worked (for now...not sure if I have to create an account or how long the pics are hosted). Sorry for the crappy pic, IPADS's do not have flashes. I'll post a better one I've taken when the wife wasn't home.

I think Russia wants to more than what you've stated. They would love to increase their wealth and power, hurt the West (that would include us), and weaken NATO. I think Putin wants to make Russia "the" superpower.

If you are asking should an elected POTUS be impeached? Yes (technically it has already happened, just not convicted). So the answer you last question, I think it is far more than Russia "just" wanting dollars....thus, it is worth effort.

Beyond impeachment, do you believe that for Trump's people's shenanigans of accepting both money and talking about lifting tarrifs with the Russians (these are generally recognized as facts) he deserves to be removed from office, along with his co-conspirator Mike Pence and the presidency given to the speaker of the house?

How does Putin make money if the US collapses? Remember who owns our debt, if we go down we take the following countries with us. NATO countries spend money on Russian energy because a bunch of EU hippies convinced EU countries that nuclear power was bad. If we go down they go down and they can't heat or power their houses.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/246420/major-foreign-holders-of-us-treasury-debt/

Another thing to consider, Russia has less debt then the US due to other countries not extending Russia credit.

https://kurdeconomy.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/infograph-from-credit-loan-2014.png

Economically it makes sense to lift sanctions on Russia, even if ethically it might not (depending on your opinion if Russia and if Crimea is an invasion or a civil war).

As messed up as it sounds US debt is one of the greatest peacemakers of the world. If we go down we take a lot of people's fiat currency with us, including all the countries who have spent money to increase Russia's GDP. Blame our politicians for putting us in this situation, but here we are, we need to make the best of it.

A bigger threat to the US is those who hold our debt. If we keep sanctions against Russia and lose a trade war with China then China will swap US debt with extending Russia credit. This increases our interest rates while inflation steadily climbs. This is what actual financial collapse looks like.

So choosing between warming up to Russia who's no better or worse then the US and making our economy better VS. financial collapse due to our own politicians reckless spending and debt swapping with foreign countries what's worse (knowing full well our politicians won't address the debt thing)?

Also what country stands to benefit if we along with the EU/NATO countries take a hardline against Russia (especially on energy) and continue to ramp up sanctions?

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/trump-medal-saudi-arabia.jpg

obama-saudi-arabia_47286438.jpg

Remember when it comes to where you get your news follow the money to find the bias.

http://business.time.com/2011/12/19/saudi-prince-gains-another-u-s-media-foothold-with-300m-twitter-stake/

1. Nice toys

2. I apologize for calling you an anti-gun troll. We all make mistakes :)

That said, Please dont vote for JB

No need to apologize... I get it....

On the bright side, if anyone ever questions you again about owning firearms, got a reference point to direct to Now

First of all, it's a kid playing 007 charged with failure to register as a foreign agent-- she is not charged with espionage, therefore, is is NO "spy under arrest."

Second, yoy just show up here suddenly spouting MSNBC talking points while claiming to "have a closet full of AR's." I think you have a closet full of "Infiltrating Second Amendment Organizations for Dummies."

^^^

I’m just saying that that is a saying the left would use, and it’s a BS argument. It would not be in a hostile nation’s best interest to have an armed populace

Seeing anti 2A posts from several or more posters, on a CCL Forum is a little Twilight Zoney for me.

+1

Beyond impeachment, do you believe that for Trump's people's shenanigans of accepting both money and talking about lifting tarrifs with the Russians (these are generally recognized as facts) he deserves to be removed from office, along with his co-conspirator Mike Pence and the presidency given to the speaker of the house?

How does Putin make money if the US collapses? Remember who owns our debt, if we go down we take the following countries with us. NATO countries spend money on Russian energy because a bunch of EU hippies convinced EU countries that nuclear power was bad. If we go down they go down and they can't heat or power their houses.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/246420/major-foreign-holders-of-us-treasury-debt/

Another thing to consider, Russia has less debt then the US due to other countries not extending Russia credit.

https://kurdeconomy.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/infograph-from-credit-loan-2014.png

Economically it makes sense to lift sanctions on Russia, even if ethically it might not (depending on your opinion if Russia and if Crimea is an invasion or a civil war).

As messed up as it sounds US debt is one of the greatest peacemakers of the world. If we go down we take a lot of people's fiat currency with us, including all the countries who have spent money to increase Russia's GDP. Blame our politicians for putting us in this situation, but here we are, we need to make the best of it.

A bigger threat to the US is those who hold our debt. If we keep sanctions against Russia and lose a trade war with China then China will swap US debt with extending Russia credit. This increases our interest rates while inflation steadily climbs. This is what actual financial collapse looks like.

So choosing between warming up to Russia who's no better or worse then the US and making our economy better VS. financial collapse due to our own politicians reckless spending and debt swapping with foreign countries what's worse (knowing full well our politicians won't address the debt thing)?

Also what country stands to benefit if we along with the EU/NATO countries take a hardline against Russia (especially on energy) and continue to ramp up sanctions?

Remember when it comes to where you get your news follow the money to find the bias.

http://business.time.com/2011/12/19/saudi-prince-gains-another-u-s-media-foothold-with-300m-twitter-stake/

To the first part of your question, depending on the outcome of the multiple investigations/suits taking place...Yes, and it will end up with the Speaker of the House.

As for easing sanctions. No. Considering what Putin has done as of late (meddling in 2016, current meddling, nerve agent in the UK, Crimea, shooting down an airline, etc....), it is a non-starter. Outside of a few GOP'ers in the House, I doubt anyone else in the House or Senate on either side of the isle would consider easing sanctions.

First of all, it's a kid playing 007 charged with failure to register as a foreign agent-- she is not charged with espionage, therefore, is is NO "spy under arrest."

Second, yoy just show up here suddenly spouting MSNBC talking points while claiming to "have a closet full of AR's." I think you have a closet full of "Infiltrating Second Amendment Organizations for Dummies."

Are you defending her?

She isn't a kid, she is 29...and have you read any of the comments/texts she made?

True, she was not charged with espionage, BUT she was actually arrested, jailed, and denied bond as a flight risk. This isn't your normal lobbyist trying to skirt the rules to get a tax cut on some imports.

And what the heck is this "infiltrating" junk that keeps getting spouted? No one is trying to "infiltrate" anything. That sounds paranoid. I basically have a different opinion than you, and you are talking about "infiltration".

^^^

I’m just saying that that is a saying the left would use, and it’s a BS argument. It would not be in a hostile nation’s best interest to have an armed populace

Seeing anti 2A posts from several or more posters, on a CCL Forum is a little Twilight Zoney for me.

That wood grip Taurus in the pic....I purchased that over 20 years ago.

That means the following:

*I'm a +20 year gun owner.

*I own 5 guns, including 3 AR-15's (I have so many spare parts that I'm two stripped lowers, one lower parts kit with FCG, one buffer spring, one buffer tube, and two latch plates away from owning FIVE complete AR-15's....)

*I own a valid concealed carry license.

I'm not quite understanding where you are getting "anti-2A" stuff, just because I have a different opinion than you.

Are you defending her?

She isn't a kid, she is 29...and have you read any of the comments/texts she made?

True, she was not charged with espionage, BUT she was actually arrested, jailed, and denied bond as a flight risk. This isn't your normal lobbyist trying to skirt the rules to get a tax cut on some imports.

And what the heck is this "infiltrating" junk that keeps getting spouted? No one is trying to "infiltrate" anything. That sounds paranoid. I basically have a different opinion than you, and you are talking about "infiltration".

Am I "defending her?" Typical leftist deflection tactic, and I'm not taking the bait. And no, I haven't read her texts; I'm too busy reading the FBI lovebirds' texts. You know, the ones the left claim don't say what they plainly say to anyone with half a brain and no agenda.

To the first part of your question, depending on the outcome of the multiple investigations/suits taking place...Yes, and it will end up with the Speaker of the House.

What do you think the hypothetical implications to the American economy would be if Trump and Pence got removed from office and a non elected Democrat is instilled? Do you think there would be pockets of armed agitators protesting this? Do you think the Department of Justice is biased to the task of removing Trump, despite almost every politician being guilty of the same things he's being accused of (as will whoever the speaker of the house becomes)? If Russia really wanted to undermine US democracy to legitimize Putin's democracy wouldn't this be the best outcome? You even said so yourself.

Russia wants to crumble America from within without ever having to fire a shot. Have all Americans shoot each other (or themselves) instead.

While I agree campaign finance and foreign influence need to be addressed with both parties, I strongly disagree undermining democracy and targeting a single party (no matter how rigged) is not the way to do it. Realpolitiks it's not good for America, agree?

As for easing sanctions. No. Considering what Putin has done as of late (meddling in 2016, current meddling, nerve agent in the UK, Crimea, shooting down an airline, etc....), it is a non-starter. Outside of a few GOP'ers in the House, I doubt anyone else in the House or Senate on either side of the isle would consider easing sanctions.

Who is a better ally and who is responsible for the deaths of more Americans? Saudi Arabia or Russia? Saudi Arabia funds terrorism. Their nationals committed 9/11 with money that came from Saudi citizens. They also spread a perverted form of Islam, Wahibi ideology, by funding mosques in foreign countries that indoctrinate new migrants in radical Islamic ideology.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/saudi-arabia-terrorism-funding-214241

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6501916

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/12/06/wikileaks.terrorism.funding/index.html

(quoting left leaning publications so you don't think this is a tinfoil hat conspiracy).

The wikileaks cables state that both Hillary and Obama knew about this yet did not sanction Saudi Arabia. Worse, we (under both Trump and Obama) have sold more and more arms to them, some that have ended up in terrorist hands.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/world/middleeast/us-selling-arms-to-israel-saudi-arabia-and-emirates.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/world/middleeast/jared-kushner-saudi-arabia-arms-deal-lockheed.html

There is equal evidence that Russia shot down that plane as the Saudi government perpetrating 9/11 (implications but not solid proof)

Crimea is a civil war, not an invasion. A huge catalyst in that was Podesta and Manafort allegedly rigging an election (a Clinton guy and a Trump guy). Yes, we do the same thing to other nations.

Again, this dialog is not surprisingly absent from the media churn because their investments in American media are done as unregistered agents of the Saudi Kingdom.

And Saudi Arabia has donated a ton of money and influence to getting "their guys" in office. Why no impeachment or barring from office?

Bush

https://www.salon.com/2004/03/12/unger_2/

Clinton

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/hillary-clinton-presidential-campaign-charity.html

Maria Butina was staked by konstantin nikolaev Co owner of N-Trans / Globaltrans, which is a Russian and American shipping company. They have locations in Texas and Pennsylvania.

His partner Andrey Filatov was a low ranking Russian Military officer before starting his business career. He's also the president of the Russian Chess federation. The third partner is Nikita Mishin.

This has all the hallmarks of people petitioning to get sanctions lifted, not collapsing the US government. Why would you attempt to destroy an economy where you're already making money?

It's the economy, stupid

That wood grip Taurus in the pic....I purchased that over 20 years ago.

That means the following:

*I'm a +20 year gun owner.

*I own 5 guns, including 3 AR-15's (I have so many spare parts that I'm two stripped lowers, one lower parts kit with FCG, one buffer spring, one buffer tube, and two latch plates away from owning FIVE complete AR-15's....)

*I own a valid concealed carry license.

I'm not quite understanding where you are getting "anti-2A" stuff, just because I have a different opinion than you.

You're making anti NRA posts, just because someone in the NRA leadership knows some Russians.

You're implying that the NRA is colluding with Russians to overthrow the USA. Mindless drivel.

I know, or as of lately knew, lots of people that own firearms, that vote against my Second Amendment Rights.

How many firearms you own, what type, or licenses, mean less than zero to me.

This is a very interesting case. I'm still wrapping my head around the facts, but it's confusing how what sounds like lobbying becomes a crime if you aren't a USA citizen. I mean, even in my corporation we hire political lobbyists to influence politicians. In the globalization of today's economy, I could see criminal cases like this becoming more common.

Helps to read the Indictment: https://www.lawfareblog.com/document-indictment-against-mariia-butina

Uh oh. LOFL

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-russia-butina-exclusive/exclusive-accused-russian-agent-butina-met-with-u-s-treasury-fed-officials-idUKKBN1KC0DE

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Accused Russian agent Maria Butina had wider high-level contacts in Washington than previously known, taking part in 2015 meetings between a visiting Russian official and two senior officials at the U.S. Federal Reserve and Treasury Department.

The meetings, revealed by several people familiar with the sessions and a report from a Washington think tank that arranged them, involved Stanley Fischer, Fed vice chairman at the time, and Nathan Sheets, then Treasury undersecretary for international affairs.

Butina travelled to the United States in April 2015 with Alexander Torshin, then the Russian Central Bank deputy governor, and they took part in separate meetings with Fischer and Sheets to discuss U.S.-Russian economic relations during Democratic former President Barack Obamas administration.

The two meetings, which have not been previously reported, reveal a wider circle of high-powered connections that Butina sought to cultivate with American political leaders and special interest groups.

Butinas lawyer, Robert Driscoll, did not have any details about her participation in meetings with Treasury and Federal Reserve officials when asked about them on Friday.

The meetings with Fischer and Sheets were arranged by the Center for the National Interest, a Washington foreign policy think tank that often advocates pro-Russia views.

Archived