RITON OPTICS

Windermere

Anybody have experience with this brand and their riflescopes and red dots?

I first came across this brand at my LGS, and they are fairly new to the optics market (2013). They are also owned by law enforcement/veteran, so its always nice to support companies like that.

I am swapping around some of my optics as I have made a couple new purchases and also putting together a .308 hunting/target rifle build and i'd like to pick up a nice piece of glass that can reach out to the 600-1000 yard range. Two babies and cook county taxes are keeping me on a budget.

Riton has a 6-24x50 scope for $300. I have not seen much in depth reviews of their equipment, and like I said before, looking for anyone on the IC family to see if anyone has experience. https://www.ritonoptics.com/product/rt-s-mod-3-gen2-6-24x50/

I'm also looking at Vortex Diamondback series, although i would have to shell out another couple hundred bucks. Bushnell has some stuff for under $500 but looks really cheap.

No idea. I try to avoid Chinese construction. Japan and Germany make superior glass. Most scopes are made in the same factories to spec of each "manufacturer"...Vortex and Sig both have LOW in Japan building their scopes. Similar quality and decent glass.

Thanks for the tips, it was not easy to find out where these Riton products were made.

• 3 weeks later...

I know someone who is a big fan of Riton, but I question whether or not they're good optics. I haven't personally looked through their glass, but what makes or breaks rifle scopes is clarity of glass, turret gear materials used to construct them, and the construction of the scope itself.

Typically the best place to look for optics that are good, built with great materials, and are bomb proof, are the shooting sports. I can only speak for 3 gun, but most optics are Vortex Razors, or Trijicons. You're in a different class as far as costs go though.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything made by Vortex because of their warranty. If it breaks, even if you broke it through carelessness, they'll fix or replace it, no questions asked. They actually don't even want to hear how or why it broke. Just call them and then send it in.

ETA: The thing to keep in mind about scopes is that most of the costs are coatings and glass, with materials being the second factor that adds to costs. The gears that are used in the turrets are extremely important because some cheaper scopes use cheaper materials that wear. What this means is that your turrets won't return to zero after a while. I've heard reviews from people who swear up and down that a less expensive scope is as good as an expensive one, and as soon as I look through it I can tell it's not even close. European glass is the best, Japanese second, and Chinese third.

Some info on material and assembly is on their website:

Currently, there are no American manufacturers that can supply enough high quality, HD lenses to support our needs. Thus, we source all of our glass for each and every optic from Japan. You can expect high quality HD (High Density) glass in every optic.
The source of the base material is not nearly as important as the optical design. Our glass is so much clearer due to our proprietary lens coatings, how we engineer the prescription of the lenses, and the construction of the optic itself.

All of our optics have hand sourced Japanese glass and are final assembled in Japan or China depending on price point. We source all of our raw materials and use oversees assembly based on price point.

Archived