Holder: We must brainwash people on guns

Jeffrey

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/03/18/Holder-Fight-Guns-Like-Cigarettes

Of course he is for the 2nd amendment. Ya f'n right.

Breitbart.com has uncovered video from 1995 of then-U.S. Attorney Eric Holder announcing a public campaign to "really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."

Holder was addressing the Woman's National Democratic Club. In his remarks, broadcast by CSPAN 2, he explained that he intended to use anti-smoking campaigns as his model to "change the hearts and minds of people in Washington, DC" about guns.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."

Holder added that he had asked advertising agencies in the nation's capital to assist by making anti-gun ads rather than commercials "that make me buy things that I don't really need." He had also approached local newspapers and television stations, he said, asking them to devote prime space and time, respectively, to his anti-gun campaign.

Local political leaders and celebrities, Holder said, including Mayor Marion Barry and Jesse Jackson, had been asked to help. In addition, he reported, he had asked the local school board to make the anti-gun message a part of "every day, every school, and every level."

Despite strict gun control efforts, Washington, DC was and remains one of the nation's most dangerous cities for gun violence, though crime has abated somewhat since the 1990s.

Holder went on to become Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton administration, and currently serves as Attorney General in the Obama Administration.

The video of Holder's remarks was uncovered by Breitbart.com contributor Charles C. Johnson.

People don't agree with us? Better brain wash children to make sure future generations agree with us!

I am not a smoker, never have been, but the way the anti smoking campaign held itself made me sick. Bully people into following what you want.

And since '95 we've gotten all but 1 state to issue carry licenses, 4 states constitution carry, Heller, McDonald, the repeal of hundreds of anti gun laws and ccw permits along with gun ownership in general has skyrocketed! How's that brainwashing worked out for you Holder?

If Holder was just talking about encouraging gang-bangers to go back to the day when people were considered a coward to use a gun instead of their fists, then I would agree with him. But pushing an agenda that "Guns R' Bad" is one of the dumbest, most offensive ideas out there.

Unfortunately, too many of the public agrees with him.

I've heard the flawed argument many times that from brainwashed educated people that "Guns Should be Banned because they are made to kill people". Yes, it looks like the brainwashing worked to some degree.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people speak freely, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to speak your mind anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."

That has a nice communistic tone huh?

Dear Subject,

Your Mandatory Thought Modification Therapy has been scheduled for the location and time listed below.

If for any reason you are unable to attend your appointment, you should contact your DOJ caseworker immediately.

Remember: Free thought is dangerous, and We know what is best for you.

Holder is the worst AG in history,

appointed by the worst president in history.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what Eric Holder will do now that the New Black Panthers have put a bounty on the head of George Zimmerman? Will it be a repeat of their action against voter intimidation by the New Black Panthers? Maybe they think brainwashing is their principle job.

Holder isn't going to anything about the NBP based on what I see in this quote.

No bias there I guess, just a slip of the tongue like some of the others he's made.

"This Department of Justice does not enforce the law in a race-conscious way," declared Attorney General Eric Holder in a House oversight hearing yesterday. But Politico reports on an exchange during the hearing that suggests otherwise. Rep. John Culberson, a Texas Republican, was questioning Holder about the New Black Panther Party voter-intimidation case, which the department dismissed after Holder took over:

The Attorney General seemed to take personal offense at a comment Culberson read in which former Democratic activist Bartle Bull called the incident the most serious act of voter intimidation he had witnessed in his career.

"Think about that," Holder said. "When you compare what people endured in the South in the 60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, and to compare what people were subjected to there to what happened in Philadelphia--which was inappropriate, certainly that . . . to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line, who risked all,
f
or my people
," said Holder, who is black.

WSJ

Nothing will be done by Holder and his merry band. He has already said he will not prosecute black folks.

Could that statement be called racist?

If you do not think his brain washing is working just remember the kids in grammar school being suspended for drawing a picture of a gun or folding paper to resemble a gun. Yes at least the teacher and the school board are brain washed.

It is working very well and using our tax dollars. :D

I blame the Republicans for this man being in office. They had the hearings and things come up but surely this could have come up. To many of our lawmakers in DC that belong to the Republican party have less knowledge then we do on many things. The Dems well I can say when you elect Bobby Rush, Sheila Jackson Lee, Barney Franks, Shumer, Feinstein, Maxine Waters and a whole lot others they have no knowledge other then getting things passed to move their progressive agenda.

Archived