Orlando night club shooting

howie

This is being investigated as a "domestic terrorist" incident, which implies there is no international connection. Time will tell whether that initial assumption is correct.

Of course, as in Illinois, this nightclub was a gun-free zone (aka "killing zone"). How abhorrently tragic.

This is being investigated as a "domestic terrorist" incident, which implies there is no international connection. Time will tell whether that initial assumption is correct.

Of course, as in Illinois, this nightclub was a gun-free zone (aka "killing zone"). How abhorrently tragic.

Since Islam is a world-wide "peaceful" religion, it should be investigated as international terrorism. The killer got his ideas from somewhere and it wasn't Popular Mechanics magazine.

Avoid gun free zones.

The killer got his ideas from somewhere and it wasn't Popular Mechanics magazine.

Well Todd did report that Biden was on the recent cover of Popular Mechanics so it very well could have been.

Avoid gun free zones.

People get upset if they can't enter a location because it's posted. I say good riddance. Plenty of places to shop and eat. I used to think No Guns No Money cards were a good idea. Threw them in the trash.

Agreed about the good riddance, I just go shop elsewhere. And while I don't pass out the card because truth be told if the conversation devolved into an argument, and it will, that's not being a good ambassador. So Instead I use social media. It's not just enough that shops lose business, but they have to know that they are losing business and WHY they are losing business so that we can affect change.

However if this were IL, this club would be a statutory gun free zone due to the provision that I call, "death to designated drivers", preventing people from carrying in 51% alcohol establishments.

Avoid gun free zones.

People get upset if they can't enter a location because it's posted. I say good riddance. Plenty of places to shop and eat. I used to think No Guns No Money cards were a good idea. Threw them in the trash.

Agreed about the good riddance, I just go shop elsewhere. And while I don't pass out the card because truth be told if the conversation devolved into an argument, and it will, that's not being a good ambassador. So Instead I use social media. It's not just enough that shops lose business, but they have to know that they are losing business and WHY they are losing business so that we can affect change.

However if this were IL, this club would be a statutory gun free zone due to the provision that I call, "death to designated drivers", preventing people from carrying in 51% alcohol establishments.

I read where the club where this happened was a statutorial GFZ (maybe wrong). What a coincidence about the attack in Paris and this one, huh.

I read where the club where this happened was a statutorial GFZ (maybe wrong). What a coincidence about the attack in Paris and this one, huh.

FL statute prohibits carrying in "any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose."

Since Islam is a world-wide "peaceful" religion, it should be investigated as international terrorism. The killer got his ideas from somewhere and it wasn't Popular Mechanics magazine.

$ nothing to see there move along sheeple $

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/pulse-orlando-night-club-shooting-islamic-jihadist-terrorist-attack-terrorism-isis-motive-shooter-muslim-gunman-fbi/

FL statute prohibits carrying in "any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose."

This was a tragedy but maybe some good could come from it when people start to realize that GFZs make you a sitting duck. I can dream but liberals have some pretty hard heads.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/orlando-islamist-gay-killer-isis-twitter-feed-pictures-killer-pulse-hashtag/

Does THIS make it international terrorism now? Let just wait to see what our high protector Obama has to say about it. Taking bets he won't say "radical Islam"

Of coarse ISIS would cheer... However do we know; was the shooter Muslim? I haven't read one report yet as to nation of origin, religion, photo, name, nothing.

Prayers to the friends and family of the injured and dead.,

Now my rant: I am not surprised this psycho chooses a GFZ to do this mass killing as he walks in there with a rife knowing no one in this area would have a gun.

Now my rant to those reading this who are trying to remove my right to bear arms: If people had been allowed to carry concealed in this place, this psycho would have been stopped before he was allowed to kill and injured that many people.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/orlando-islamist-gay-killer-isis-twitter-feed-pictures-killer-pulse-hashtag/

Does THIS make it international terrorism now? Let just wait to see what our high protector Obama has to say about it. Taking bets he won't say "radical Islam"

Of coarse ISIS would cheer... However do we know; was the shooter Muslim? I haven't read one report yet as to nation of origin, religion, photo, name, nothing.

From the article in the OP:

"The shooter was identified as Omar Mateen, according to several major news outlets citing law enforcement sources. Mateen, a 29-year-old U.S. citizen from Fort Pierce, Fla., allegedly has parents of Afghani origin.

Fox News confirmed that the suspected gunman was Muslim.

The gunman “may have leanings” toward radical Islam, FBI Special Agent in Charge Ron Hopper said when asked by Fox News whether the suspect had ties to Jihadist terror groups. Hopper said the investigation is looking into possible threats made previously by the suspect in connection to radical Islam groups. He said the agency is still investigating and has yet to confirm any role a terror group may have played in the mass shooting."

Ok then. In the reports I read they didn't say. I guess details are still coming out.

There are few statutory gfzs in Florida, this place was certainly one of them, no posting required. Posting in Florida is a trespass to property if they ask you to leave and you don't. Regardless, this was a Muslim from Afghanistan shooting up a gay bar during Ramadan. Unless you're a Hillary Clinton supporter, you know exactly what this was.

Living in the area, I can tell you that this really sucks. Twice in 2 nights.

Keep in mind, this tragedy started outside the club and he was engaged with officers before storming in the nightclub and wounding/killing the individuals. The SWAT then communicated with him for 2-3 hours before making entry in the building.

A person known to authorities as a problem, possibly if not probably connected to radical Islam goes into a gun free zone full of people that Islam despises and shoots the place up. I cannot wait to hear how this is my fault as a legal gun owner and NRA member and how my rights should be taken away.

Archived