If you are a Trump supporter....

vito

I enjoy Thomas Sowell, but the three examples of "deals" he listed in the article weren't deals as all. Smooth Hawley, Neville Chamberlin, the Iran Nuclear agreement and the Kelo vs City of New London were one sided, based on lies or simply smoke and mirrors. I also think Mr. Trump, or Cruz, or Rubio, would be short sighted to believe they can just sit down behind the desk in the oval office and start dictating to congress this and that. That is when populism meets it's match in numbers and facts.

America is fed up with the insiders. The only thing Trump has going for him is that he isn't part of the establishment. He is looking for votes for the R's from uninformed voters just like ALL the D's do. He says things that everyone is interested in, and he isn't afraid of the backlash. He hasn't given hardly any specifics as to what he will do beyond having Mexico build a wall. But the fact that he isn't afraid to say something that isn't perfectly PC gives him the upper hand. Voters are p***** that hope and change left them with little change in their pocket. Now they are looking for a new change.

Sorry but that article doesn't have much substance.

Here is a stronger Anti-Trump article in the Weekly Standard:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/nine-tales-of-trump-at-his-trumpiest/article/2000697

Yes Trump is a man who is all about his own success and he certainly has a big ego. But I feel the same way about Hillary, she just does it in more subtle, manipulative ways.

What intrigues me about Trump is that he doesn't owe anything to special interest groups - he cannot be bought. That and he is not an establishment politician. And he is acknowledging real problems in America and not worrying about political correctness in his strategies to fix them.

Trump enjoys the circus. He doesn't care about negative media attention. Actually, he would rather have negative media attention than no media attention. He said this in his book, "The Art of the Deal."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/nine-tales-of-trump-at-his-trumpiest/article/2000697

Yes Trump is a man who is all about his own success and he certainly has a big ego. But I feel the same way about Hillary, she just does it in more subtle, manipulative ways.

What intrigues me about Trump is that he doesn't owe anything to special interest groups - he cannot be bought. That and he is not an establishment politician. And he is acknowledging real problems in America and not worrying about political correctness in his strategies to fix them.

Trump enjoys the circus. He doesn't care about negative media attention. Actually, he would rather have negative media attention than no media attention. He said this in his book, "The Art of the Deal."

The RNC just bounced the Weekly Standard off of the 1/27 debate for the most recent issue of the mag - it is just totally anti-trump. However, most of the writers for that mag are establishment Republicans that claim to be conservative.

I will vote for Trump if he is the candidate - I prefer Rand Paul, but that doesn't look like its going to happen. One of the people from the weekly standard was on FOX this morning. He hates Trump because he has flopped on issues and parties and isn't a true conservative. He supports Cruz because he believes Cruz isn't beholding to anyone and will not sway from his conservative beliefs - will not make deals.

For what its worth (and that ain't much) one of the reasons I like Trump is he knows how to negotiate. I'm tired of the divisive "its my way or the highway" attitude of both sides of the political spectrum. I believe Trump knows when to use the hammer and when to use the velvet glove. I think he will accomplish those things he says he will do and I'm sure he will have to make deals with both sides of the aisle to accomplish that - but isn't that the way it's supposed to work? Give and take?

I don't believe he has to know everything there is to know about politics or foreign affairs or military concerns, or immigration etc, - but he is a guy who will surround himself with the best people available to accomplish his vision. This is what a successful business man does - know your strengths, but realize your weaknesses.

He is a man who doesn't suffer fools and knows how to win, how to succeed and knows all the angles. I think his ego (in this election) is a good thing. He can't fathom losing. He can't fathom not realizing his goals for America and I like that.

Just my opinion...

I want Trey Gowdy!!

I do like Cruz and Rubio, but have to say Trump has guts. Hey how about a dead guy - heck a dead guy is better that Sanders or Hillary - he couldn't get anything good done, but couldn't screw things up worse than they are now either.

One thing I believe Trump can do is negotiate. His business has proven that. The guy running things now has zero negotiation skills. His only defense has been to pick up his ball and leave the game. We need someone that is willing to compromise but still look for the better of the deal, and in the end get the upper hand of it. Out of all the nominees, Trump is the only one with a large winning record based on the success of his business.

The RNC just bounced the Weekly Standard off of the 1/27 debate for the most recent issue of the mag - it is just totally anti-trump. However, most of the writers for that mag are establishment Republicans that claim to be conservative.

Yep I agree. I could feel the breath of the RNC behind that article lol.

I don't believe he has to know everything there is to know about politics or foreign affairs or military concerns, or immigration etc, - but he is a guy who will surround himself with the best people available to accomplish his vision. This is what a successful business man does - know your strengths, but realize your weaknesses.

Yes, exactly. This is what I've been saying about Trump all along. This is how a good leader operates. Build a good team with people who have experience in the right areas and listen to them and your advisors.

This would be a huge change from what we have now in Obama, who thinks he knows everything, doesn't listen to anyone and thinks he knows better than anyone else, despite their expertise.

Hi,

I like Trump, he's an egotistical, but he's not beholding to anyone in Washington DC. He can be a pompoius a**, but he's talking the talk everyone wants to hear. He's for the constitution and especially the 2nd Amendment. I believe he can make America great again, but at what cost? I would also like to see Ryan Vinke, congressman from Montana in the mix too! If he can command a SEAL Detachment, He can be my leader in any capacity(Secretary of Defence!)

John Bolton for UN ambassador, until we throw them out of the USA.

jkrzos

I saw a recent article on my homepage with the author touting Sarah Palin as his running mate

If that happens I don't think Trump has much of a chance

Even if it did happen which I really doubt it could

I don't think them two would be a good combo in the White House at all

I hope it doesn't come down to them being the Republican Candidates

Yeah it's all fun and games ala Jesse Ventura or Arnold Schwarzenegger until Trump gets his hands on the nuclear football. No thanks. I'd take any declared candidate over that.

Do you think he is going to start tossing nukes around?

Are you seriously worried about that?

Hmmm. Giant ego, complete ignorance about foreign policy, a weird obsession with machismo, and a burning desire to be included in the history books? Yeah, I'm concerned.

Yeah it's all fun and games ala Jesse Ventura or Arnold Schwarzenegger until Trump gets his hands on the nuclear football. No thanks. I'd take any declared candidate over that.

Do you think he is going to start tossing nukes around?

Are you seriously worried about that?

Yikes, I almost hate to agree with the Dr., at the great expense of my conservative street cred, but yeah, a mouthpiece needs to only use the words intercontinental, tactical, or nuclear in a sentence at the wrong time to make a whole heap of trouble. Cold War II doesn't sound like fun at all.

Archived