Gunman Opens Fire In Texas Church, Armed Church Members Take Him Out

Lou

Good DGU shoot. It's hard to watch knowing that innocent people got murdered, but that's the way of the world sometimes.

MDA will adjust their messaging once they get word from their overlord on this.

It will be something like "all people deserve to be safe and free from guns".

They live in a bubble and think that the world is as they imagine it. It's not.

And the answer to them should be: “Agreed, all people deserve to be safe, but your laws failed, innocent people died, our laws worked, legally armed citizens prevented more innocent people from dying. Your laws, disarming lawful citizens would have likely resulted in many more deaths and serious injuries among the innocent.”

Visiting my dad this morning and he had CNN on. As he puts it, "to see what the other side is up to".

Caught their story about the Texas church and it blew my mind. The CNN reporter on location credited specifically the armed church goers. She even went so far as to say it was over in a mere 6 seconds solely because of the armed attendees taking immediate action.

Way more than I expected from that news source. Of course, no mention of the "blood in the streets" fear-rhetoric when they first passed the church carry thing. But then again, it is CNN.

The wolf attacked the flock and the sheepdogs did their jobs. It appeared to me that the sheepdogs had some sort ot training, 2 hands on gun, fairly good muzzle control, armed member near the entrance during service, and no unnecessary shots fired. I suspect a church security team.

Watts is very upset about the good guys stopping it https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/shannon-watts-responds-to-armed-heroes-who-stopped-engaged-texas-church-shooter

Went viral

Another link: https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9N4df_1577655564

First shot is to the guy who is reacting for about 3.17 seconds and drawing from his rear back area 0.27 seconds, second person away from attacker. About a 3.44 total draw before he is shot. Counting the reaction as from when he first starts to stand.

Second shot occurs 1.18 seconds later, hits guy closest to shooter. Couldn't tell if he presented a gun or just put his hands in front of himself before getting shot.

Third shot occurs 1.04 seconds later, from Jack Wilson, top left of the video, he had been reacting for a while...couldn't really see behind the logo.

People don't understand comparative risks very well.

This proves that whatever risk presented by the presence of the armed parishioners,

was FAR outweighed by the risk of an armed murderer killing indiscriminately.

Apparently the shooter was a known person of interest that they were keeping an eye on. So I have to wonder why they gave the shooter as much freedom of movement.

When a similar character was stalking our church over a holiday period, security team members would keep the guy flanked wherever he moved. If he took a seat, there was an armed CPD officer behind him, and one across the aisle. Their plan was to muscle him to the ground if he made a move (while being discrete and not alarming the congregation).

There is a very good interview of Jack Wilson, the guy who took out the killer at the church. It is a 15 minute interview with him by Dallas Channel 5. Here is a link to it Click Here To Watch The Interview Well there seems to be something wrong with my link. I got to the interview from www.churchsecurityalliance.com If you go down toward the bottom of the page. You'll find a post with a link.

Jack Wilson, the security volunteer who quickly shot the Texas church shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ, stopping him and likely saving many lives, is a former reserve deputy sheriff who was the long-time owner of a firearms training academy.

jack-wilson

Anyone else here watch that 15 minute interview with NBC channel 5 in Dallas? They also did a 25 minute interview with him as well which I've not been able to find and view.

There was something said about Jack Wilson, the security guy who took out the killer, being former FBI. I read that he had been a reserve police officer but nothing about any FBI connection.

Sorry that the link in the last post didn't work. There is a link in a post at www.churchsecurityalliance.com

I find it interesting that the deacon killed, Tony Wallace, in the White Settlement Texas church was black.

Is there any way to get a copy of one of these videos. Our church security team would like to view and discuss it for training purposes. We're afraid that it may disappear before our next meeting.

That is a good idea.. My church security team could benefit from having a copy of the video as well.

If you use Firefox, you can use a youitube downloader addon.

Eugene

Is there any way to get a copy of one of these videos. Our church security team would like to view and discuss it for training purposes. We're afraid that it may disappear before our next meeting.

I came across a youtube video by John with Active Self Protection. If you search youtube with NO POLITICS ANALYSIS WHITE SETTLEMENT MURDERS you will find it. He gives some closeup video of the incident and comments on tactics and procedures. This video was put out on sunday when the incident happened, so John didn't even know the name of the hero, Jack Wilson.

It just occured to me did this incident qualify as a mass shooting only 2 people died, if you don't count the murderer. 3 killed counts as a mass shooting I believe.

Has anyone seen any info on the perp or the motive. It just seems like this story died very quickly.

Of course the story dies VERY quickly - it is HIGHLY inconvenient to the national media's objectives to support the Democrat party.

He was a nutcase that had a long history of both disturbance and violence. You can find it with a bit of googling, starting with wikipedia, going to heavy.com and nbcdfw.com

I ONLY mention his name as the key to getting TO the minuscule coverage that IS out there. https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/30/us/texas-shooting-keith-thomas-kinnunen-profile/index.html

Keith Thomas Kinnunen, of River Oaks, Texas, had ties to the Fort Worth area, but also lived in several states and has been homeless at times, records show. He has a lengthy criminal record that includes arrests and convictions in several states. According to officials, Kinnunen had ties to the church and had been there before, but he was not well known by churchgoers. A motive for the shooting has not been made public.

“The apparently homeless gunman who killed two worshipers Sunday had been helped with food on several occasions by the West Freeway church, but he became angry when they wouldn’t give him money, minister Britt Farmer told me. He wasn’t recognized Sunday because he wore disguises,” Bobby Ross Jr., the editor of The Christian Chronicle, tweeted.

Kinnunen’s sister, Amy Kinnunen, said Sunday was the 10th anniversary of the death of their brother by suicide, according to ABC News. She told the news network she believes Kinnunen was on his own suicide mission.

Church leaders said they did not recognize Kinnunen on Sunday morning because he was in disguise, confirmed the son of the church's senior minister. In fact, many lifelong church members said they immediately noticed the strange man because it appeared he was wearing a large, fake beard.

Archived