Did you all hear Pritzker’s press briefing today? The question about gun sales was asked

steveTA84

My gut tells me they have a secret agenda behind this. I KNOW they are not changing their minds on guns. Don't be fooled in to thinking so! It will come out sooner or later. Might have something to do with the lawsuit that ruled FOID was unconstitutional.

There is no doubt an ulterior motive. Perhaps it could be to avoid, perhaps it could be to overload the ISP and show the need for SB1966 (in their backwards minds at least). Todd V and the ISRA did make good comments though regarding all of it (they wouldn’t be stretched for resources no if the ILGA/ISP didn’t misuse funds)

My gut tells me they have a secret agenda behind this. I KNOW they are not changing their minds on guns. Don't be fooled in to thinking so! It will come out sooner or later. Might have something to do with the lawsuit that ruled FOID was unconstitutional.

There is no doubt an ulterior motive. Perhaps it could be to avoid, perhaps it could be to overload the ISP and show the need for SB1966 (in their backwards minds at least). Todd V and the ISRA did make good comments though regarding all of it (they wouldn’t be stretched for resources no if the ILGA/ISP didn’t misuse funds)

And look at the cost savings if they do away with the FOID all together and go constitutional carry so no need to process permits.

Fell out of my chair.

No kidding! My jaw dropped. My wife said “it’s because he doesn’t want to be sued and it isn’t the time or place to play gun politics”. I think she’s right, but still I’ll give praise to Jabba for NOT going the route other governors did.

He might not have wanted to face the legal action that was being brought against some of those other governors and mayors for such restrictions.

A reporter asked a question about soaring gun sales and his admin declaring gun shops as essential and he said

We wanted people to have the ability to protect themselves as they see fit and buy ammunition for hunting or for protection

WOW. When this is all over the video of him saying that will be priceless

Perhaps relying on confirmation bias has coloured your understanding of what Pritzker really thinks about the issue? Jus' saying when you paint entire groups with a broad brush it can sometime be very hard to actually see the reality and subtleties of their position. I know many on the left that enjoy shooting and own guns and think that the 'ban all gun' people do not speak for them.

I would recommend some yogurt for your gut. ;-)

A reporter asked a question about soaring gun sales and his admin declaring gun shops as essential and he said

We wanted people to have the ability to protect themselves as they see fit and buy ammunition for hunting or for protection

WOW. When this is all over the video of him saying that will be priceless

Perhaps relying on confirmation bias has coloured your understanding of what Pritzker really thinks about the issue? Jus' saying when you paint entire groups with a broad brush it can sometime be very hard to actually see the reality and subtleties of their position. I know many on the left that enjoy shooting and own guns and think that the 'ban all gun' people do not speak for them.

I would recommend some yogurt for your gut. ;-)

About Pritzker: hes an establishment goon and will do whatever the establishment wants.

https://www.jbpritzker.com/gunviolence/

He made a right call this time, though (gun ships remain open). Better than when he supported a complete ban on handguns when running for Congress

About the left: well aware, I do some work with some of them on 2A stuff and keep other politics out of it

Archived