governor debate

Mr. Fife

Stick a fork in Pat Quinn. He's done.

I hope so. I see these debates and can't figure out how anyone could continue to vote for him, yet if Cook county gets a big voter turnout I'm afraid he could win again. Especially with some reports of the Libertarian candidate pulling in about 7% of the vote.

It was painful to watch. Quinn is an experienced, paid off liar and Rouner, rich & politically naive. A lot of finger pointing, but I'm willing to trade Governors at this point as this state is flat-out F'd up. Can anyone present a reason why Jello should stay?

Crickets...............

Quinn is a clown...an unserious, incompetent hack that is an embarrassment to this formerly great State. I've watched all 3 debates - and if his race-baiting class warfare argument wins the day on Nov. 4, looks like you can add me and my business to the long list of people bailing out. My fellow citizens can't possibly be that blind or that dumb. Stay tuned...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I listened to the debate tonight. I'm actually disappointed with Rauner on the AWB question. He should simply say that an AWB would result in a very expensive lawsuit that tax payers can't afford while the state is in debt, and cite Cook County and Highland Park as examples. No need to answer the question with a Yes or No. Just use it to support his point about Quinn's lack of fiscal responsibility. He should also point out that an AWB would not withstand constitutional scrutiny due to the SCOTUS ruling in Heller, 2008. Then, continue railing on how Quinn is such an ineffective leader that the House and Senate overrode his amendatory veto with the concealed carry law on 7/9/13.

I sent a brief email to Rauner's campaign highlighting these points, and to drop the BOOM on Quinn in a very public way. I further elaborated on how an AWB impacts active duty military by disarming them, and pointed out an exemption for active military in Illinois would violate the 14th Amendment, therefore making an AWB on anybody unlawful.

Quinn reached his highest and best use when he was attending soldier's funerals as Lt. Governor.

"Best use"??

Highest - yes - but we all know what else "floats", don't we? :devil:

Quinn really did do some good things for veterans as Lt. Governor - really was an advocate for their causes. Unfortunately, that was the highest level of competence he ever acheived, and it really was not a substantial accomplishment. Then he became governor, and as we all know, people tend to rise to their position of incompetence. Time to relieve him of that burden.

Archived