Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Edit 01/16/2014- It seems that Walmart is pulling down the signs.

-----------------

I was just sent an email with a Walmart concealed carry prohibited sign. I am trying to verify if this was seen in person or was something online.

It is an IL specific sign, with additional wording-

This prohibition applies only to on-duty Walmart associates and Vendors. (on the top)

©2013 Wal-mart stores, Inc (on the bottom)

As far as I know there is no way to change the legal meaning of the IL prohibition sign/language, it's either prohibited or it's not.

Any thoughts (assuming this is real, still waiting on confirmation)

Walmart prohibited sign

Matt

Edited to add link to Walmart prohibited sign

WalMart's Corporate policy is to support whatever concealed carry laws are in effect in each State.

In other words, concealed carry is fine in Illinois.

But WalMart corporate has a strict policy that denies employees or vendors from carrying on company property or in company vehicles.

I have a close family member at WalMart Corporate.

Tell me which WalMart it is and i may be able to get a pretty quick response.

Work at target :)

I kid, I kid!!.......but seriously

I would think most, if not all companies are going to have policies about carrying weapons at your place of employment. I never seen any place post that publicly though. I would think it would be posted at the time clock or other employee common area. But I suppose by time they get to that area, it's to late :)

I will have to take a trip to my local Walmart one of these days and look for signs. The ones in my area (Dupage county) don't even sell guns or ammo. I guess they can do whatever they want even if they have a sign, they still can choose to have you arrested or not. I wouldn't worry about it as long as we can confirm the policy is guns are allowed for shoppers.

I have also heard they terminate employees for violating corporate policy. Three years ago I had a RPS (revenue protection service) guy get in my face, and he and the store assistant manager were both fired.

I came close to calling the police on the RPS guy, and filing a criminal complaint.

WalMart's Corporate policy is to support whatever concealed carry laws are in effect in each State.

In other words, concealed carry is fine in Illinois.

But WalMart corporate has a strict policy that denies employees or vendors from carrying on company property or in company vehicles.

I have a close family member at WalMart Corporate.

Tell me which WalMart it is and i may be able to get a pretty quick response.

If you don't work there, you can carry IAW state law.

I will have to take a trip to my local Walmart one of these days and look for signs. The ones in my area (Dupage county) don't even sell guns or ammo. I guess they can do whatever they want even if they have a sign, they still can choose to have you arrested or not. I wouldn't worry about it as long as we can confirm the policy is guns are allowed for shoppers.

Walmart policy is Simple , Money , nothing but the money , only the money , do not do anything to stop the money , Money , Money

I Just saw an official "No Carry" sign posted at the entrance of the Walmart in Huntley.

I turned around and went to the Jewel Down the street.

I Just saw an official "No Carry" sign posted at the entrance of the Walmart in Huntley.

I turned around and went to the Jewel Down the street.

I wonder if this is another case of the anti's running around plastering the signs without the store manager knowing about it.

Wow are they really doing that ? Isn't that illegal to post one of those signs without permission ?

Confirmed posted at Matteson Walmart.

It seems that the sign is trying to allow customers to carry, but reminding employees and vendors that they are not allowed to carry, but I don't think the IL signage works that way.

If an IL 430 66/65 is posted at all, then as far as I know no one can carry under the FCCA, Walmart cannot make up their own ru;es about it.

And the sign is copyright walmart, so I'm assuming it was posted by walmart.

I will try to upload/post the image I have later.

Matt

I can honestly say i have carried a gun on my hip inside a Walmart store in 15 States and have yet to see ANY Walmart store posted.

Dang ... you must really like Walmarts!

Yeah,but NO! lol I travel a LOT,about 50% pleasure,50% on a mission.When i stop for the night and desire a bottle...or maybe some munchies,or maybe a new Laptop that is on sale and they are out of them in Muskogee,Lebanon,Mo,Abilene,Tx.......It becomes a REAL PITA to find another store to puchase STUFF,let alone in 1 stop,other than a WaLmArT ,along the route that i am on.YES,i have probabably been in some of those "the people of Walmart" video's,but that's the way it goes. :fear:

Confirmed posted at Matteson Walmart.

It seems that the sign is trying to allow customers to carry, but reminding employees and vendors that they are not allowed to carry, but I don't think the IL signage works that way.

If an IL 430 66/65 is posted at all, then as far as I know no one can carry under the FCCA, Walmart cannot make up their own ru;es about it.

And the sign is copyright walmart, so I'm assuming it was posted by walmart.

I will try to upload/post the image I have later.

Matt

Careful - I almost got "prohibited" from WM for taking a picture once... and it was actually to show that they had ammo in stock.

Archived