Stand for the 2nd Amendment rally May 13 Yorkville

RacerDave6

2nd-Amendment-town-hall-flier-final.png

https://repskillicorn.com/2019/05/06/stand-for-the-second-amendment-town-hall/

Stand for the Second Amendment Town Hall

State Representatives Allen Skillicorn (R-Crystal Lake) and David Welter (R-Morris) are collaborating to host a Stand for the Second Amendment town hall in Yorkville on May 13. The town hall will be held at Whitetail Ridge Golf Club from 7 to 8 p.m.

The contentious ideas coming out of Springfield right now are not just limited to new taxes, said Skillicorn. Second Amendment rights are also being targeted, which is why its so important we stand together to protect our constitutional freedoms.

The town hall, which is sponsored by the NRA-ILA, is free to attend and open to the public. It will feature a legislative update on the latest legislation affecting the Second Amendment being discussed in Springfield. In the event of limited space, individuals will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.

Town Hall Details:

Monday, May 13

7 to 8 p.m.

Whitetail Ridge Golf Club

7671 Clubhouse Dr.

Yorkville, IL 60560

For more information, call 815-893-4884 or email skillicorn@ilhousegop.org.

Maybe i should explain more than pooping in and hanging out a one liner like I'm mad or something!

And again maybe its just me, but one of these 2A rally’s, meets, greets it would be nice to see signage or something that states,

Carry Conceal Welcome.

It's not that I want to show my firearm open carry style, but if we are getting out there and we are showing support for the 2A, it would be nice not to be stripped for that event.....yes?

Imagine if you will say 50 to 100 fellas and gals show up and are all armed, NOTHING happens, NO one gets arrested, and it actually makes the media, papers, Facebook!

Hey look those guys were armed and no gun popped out and shot someone......

Just my opinion on the meeting for the most part are all non carry events.

Maybe i should explain more than pooping in and hanging out a one liner like I'm mad or something!

And again maybe its just me, but one of these 2A rally’s, meets, greets it would be nice to see signage or something that states,

Carry Conceal Welcome.

It's not that I want to show my firearm open carry style, but if we are getting out there and we are showing support for the 2A, it would be nice not to be stripped for that event.....yes?

Imagine if you will say 50 to 100 fellas and gals show up and are all armed, NOTHING happens, NO one gets arrested, and it actually makes the media, papers, Facebook!

Hey look those guys were armed and no gun popped out and shot someone......

Just my opinion on the meeting for the most part are all non carry events.

For what it's worth, I've been to some local ISRA events hosting anti-gun reps at a local restaurant. I can pretty much guarantee that there were plenty of firearms on site tucked into purses and under garments. Conversation even got heated at times, but by some miracle nobody got shot. Amazing, I know.

Sarcasm aside, the reps know we're not bad people. They just don't care. They want what they want and there's no convincing them otherwise. They only way to stop them is to vote them out.

Hanging signs stating welcome is really just asking for trouble. The anti side is not above creating a scene that would be bad press for us.

Carry Conceal Welcome.

Hey look those guys were armed and no gun popped out and shot someone.......

Every September for the past 9 years the Aurora Sportsmans Club holds a Zombie Shoot that attracts over 1000 shooters.

Up to 13 stages of rifle, pistol, shotgun running and gunning with (OMG) loaded Firearms.

There has never been an accidentally shooting in all those years.

They must all bring defective weapons.

I’ll check if it’s posted. Most of these banquet halls that can hold big crowds serve booze so some are posted even though they are friendly. It’s a catch 22 with the stupid law. I understand the issue though.

Serving alcohol does not require posting. Only bars (where alcohol is > 50% of sales) require posting. For private businesses, most postings are voluntary (and done by anti-gun management), as there are very few private businesses who are statutory mandated to posted.

Will carry be allowed while we rally and stand? P.S. Link says broken, nutin there!

Rep Skillicorn told me he was told it's not pisted. Take that for what it's worth.

I'll be there, probably a little late.

How'd it go?

about 250 people attended. Alot ofntime was devoted to hb96.

Archived