Are There Any Hi Power Fans Here?

soundguy

IH8IL,

I was able to pick from 6 guns. The holster wear was similar on all of them. Most had plain iron FEG style sight. Two had the lanyard ring removed and one of those had pretty usable dovetail 3 dot sights. That's the one I picked.

I shot 100 rounds on the way home and it ran just fine. A little snappier than the heavier MKlll. Balance and accuracy with the short slide was fine.

Yesterday I sent her off to the spa to be properly mated with the short slide.

• 8 months later...

Thread bump for IH8IL and High Power discussion...

Only classic I’m interested in is a hi power but I think that ship has sailed.

While you're waiting... the Tisas BR9 is actually very nice. I have the stainless steel one.

I don’t like the big billboard on the slide. Any place that has them in stock?

The importer LKCI in Ohio is where I got mine. Great service. Additional fee for credit cards.

Brownell's now has them and at a lower price especially when they are offering a discount.

Mine is finished beautifully inside and out. It shoots as well as my five other High Powers.

So far, all HP parts fit. I have replaced the trigger, removed the magazine disconect and added an SFS Kit to mine. None of those things needed to be done. Also replaced the extractor when it broke after round #361. I had a spare at home and it was back at the range the next day. I believe it was a heat issue in a bad part which LKCI says has been corrected.

If you're near Chicago... it's always fun to take them out to the range.

• 3 weeks later...

Great first post!

I don't, but I do have two Marklll with SFS and the SFS ambi safety. I'm not sure if the Mklll safety is the same as SFS.

I accidentally killed a better reply moments ago... shorter version is take a look at BH Spring Solutions if you need parts or advice. Mark Allen can probably diagnose your safety problem over the phone. I buy all of my BHP parts from them and call just to chat every so often. Great guys... enthusiastic, awesome service and quite generous with time and knowledge.

If you're in the Chicago area... It's always fun to get a bunch of High Powers together at a range!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived