Wrong TCN Number Delays Approval

quackersmacker

What the hey!!!?????? I call the number for the ISP yesterday. After being on hold for 25 minutes I told the person on the other end of the phone I was calling to check the status of my application. I was told "We can't check the status here". I asked her why when you call does it say "To check the status of your FOID or Conceal carry License press 0? She could not answer and reiterated that they cannot check the status of any application. So next I emailed ccw_illinois@isp.state.il.us with the following: Hello,

I am writing to see if there is a problem with my application. I applied on

01/06/2014 and submitted prints. My application number is 6902. I called

the number to check on my status and I was informed they could not check my

status. The reason I am writing is I am seeing several people who have

applied almost a full month after me already have their license. If there

is something wrong with my application could you please let me know so I

can correct it. I know I still have 13 days before my 90 days is up but I

just want to make sure that there is not any incorrect information that may

delay you from issuing my license. I thank you for your time.

I receive a response today:

The TCN you submitted on your application was invalid. This has moved you

to the 120 days to process time frame. Please contact your Live Scan

vendor to research what the problem is. If you receive a corrected TCN, we

can enter this information onto your application. Thank you.

Were they ever going to tell me this? 12 days until my 90 is up. I should have known. Typical Illinois workers, Nobody takes the initiative.

Any how. I replied back with the corrected TCN number. Let's see if this gets fixed before my 90 is up.

The no communication is just wrong. I mean the whole system is electronic. A second status concerning print issues should be added in the dashboard. For the applicant to know and get resolved. For an automated system. It still needs more information on the dashboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Application now "Active" similar to OP and tailwind's post 50 and 51. Recap of personal timeline:

3/20: I send email inspired by OP.

3/20: ISP responds with invalid TCN email

3/20: Email inquiry to LiveScan vendor

3/21: LiveScan vendor states that TCN is valid, has been re-submitted, and should be posted by 3/24.

3/22: I receive ISP's invalid TCN letter in the mail

3/24: I respond to ISP's 3/20 email stating my original TCN is valid.

3/24: ISP responds with the "We have added the TCN that you provided below to your application..." email.

Note: I did not provide them with a new TCN. I stated that my original was confirmed to be valid.

3/25: Application "Active"

Application now "Active" similar to OP and tailwind's post 50 and 51. Recap of personal timeline:

3/20: I send email inspired by OP.

3/20: ISP responds with invalid TCN email

3/20: Email inquiry to LiveScan vendor

3/21: LiveScan vendor states that TCN is valid, has been re-submitted, and should be posted by 3/24.

3/22: I receive ISP's invalid TCN letter in the mail

3/24: I respond to ISP's 3/20 email stating my original TCN is valid.

3/24: ISP responds with the "We have added the TCN that you provided below to your application..." email.

Note: I did not provide them with a new TCN. I stated that my original was confirmed to be valid.

3/25: Application "Active"

They must be so proud. Sounds like a well oiled machine running Congrats to you! Enjoy

What the hey!!!?????? I call the number for the ISP yesterday. After being on hold for 25 minutes I told the person on the other end of the phone I was calling to check the status of my application. I was told "We can't check the status here". I asked her why when you call does it say "To check the status of your FOID or Conceal carry License press 0? She could not answer and reiterated that they cannot check the status of any application. So next I emailed ccw_illinois@isp.state.il.us with the following: Hello,

Were they ever going to tell me this? 12 days until my 90 is up. I should have known. Typical Illinois workers, Nobody takes the initiative.

Any how. I replied back with the corrected TCN number. Let's see if this gets fixed before my 90 is up.

The no communication is just wrong. I mean the whole system is electronic. A second status concerning print issues should be added in the dashboard. For the applicant to know and get resolved. For an automated system. It still needs more information on the dashboard.

HOLY S@#$. I logon to the CCW site today just now and low and behold ACTIVE. Only took 80 days and minimal aggravation.

HOLY S@#$. I logon to the CCW site today just now and low and behold ACTIVE. Only took 80 days and minimal aggravation.

Congrats! Wish I could be that lucky...applied 1-2 and got the TCN invalid after emailing them (I still have not received any sort of letter from the ISP AT ALL). I still have not been able to get any answers whatsoever as to what the issue is, and my vendor has re-submitted in an attempt to clear the issue as well. I contacted the ISP and got the run around "they don't tell us anything other than it doesn't work". I have not been UBR either and Wednesday my "90" is up, looks like I am making a run for the UR record.

Congrats! Wish I could be that lucky...applied 1-2 and got the TCN invalid after emailing them (I still have not received any sort of letter from the ISP AT ALL). I still have not been able to get any answers whatsoever as to what the issue is, and my vendor has re-submitted in an attempt to clear the issue as well. I contacted the ISP and got the run around "they don't tell us anything other than it doesn't work". I have not been UBR either and Wednesday my "90" is up, looks like I am making a run for the UR record.

I'm betting you will get approved by Wednesday Firefly!

I applied 1/22. I got notified there was an error with my TCN, and now my submitted date reads 3/10 not 1/22 as my ISP payment reciept. Any ideas why my submitted date would change??

Call your livescan vendor. Verify that the tcn number you submitted is the same number they have.

Ask them to make sure your prints were properly submitted.

If so, call the BOI and have them verify the number and that they cleared the prints.

If BOI says they are good then e-mail ISP with that info.

There are a bunch of threads and posts around talking about this problem.

Archived