Wrong TCN Number Delays Approval

quackersmacker

Applied, Jan 2, always has shown "Under Review." Finally last night I emailed ISP [to CCW_Illinois@isp.state.il.us ].

Got this response to my inquiry as to whether there might be a glitch:

"It looks as though the TCN you submitted on your application is invalid.

It is coming back to another person. You may need to contact your Live

Scan vendor to correct the TCN. Once you have done this (if they give you

a new number) we can add the information to your application for you.

Otherwise, your application will be processed within the 120 day time frame.

Thank you!"

Just what I need, my prints getting mixed up with someone else. This is scary for lots of reasons. If you think your application may be proceeding too slowly, email the ISP!

I got a letter today from ISP saying unable to verify your fingerprint record based on the TCN number you provided.

I called the live scan vender and the lady said they had been getting calls all day yesterday and today and that ISP had screwed up. Hopefully they can take care of it.

I would have thought they could of sent a EMAIL rather than snail mail taking two days to get here.

I got a letter today from ISP saying unable to verify your fingerprint record based on the TCN number you provided.

I called the live scan vender and the lady said they had been getting calls all day yesterday and today and that ISP had screwed up. Hopefully they can take care of it.

I would have thought they could of sent a EMAIL rather than snail mail taking two days to get here.

Were they provided with an email address at any time during the application process?

Were they provided with an email address at any time during the application process?

Yes.

Is there a reason for the purple or are you trying to be a smart a**.

My fingerprinter gave me the correct TCN number and I emailed to ISP this afternoon. I will keep you posted as to what happens from here.

I can just imagine trying to board a plane six months from now and being told I'm on the No Fly List, after this snafu. I sure hope the cross-contamination of fingerprints stayed on the ISP's local server and didn't zoom all over various govt sites. Yikes!

Firefly,

Reluctant to name the provider. Mistakes do happen, and they did respond to my angry What the hey!!!? inquiry right away.

Suggest you email the ISP right away and just ask why you're delayed. They responded to me within 24 hours, but were definitely not proactive in ever alerting me to the problem, and they sure knew how to get ahold of me...........

I'll just say the fingerprinter was in Lake County, for now. Hope that helps.

Firefly,

Reluctant to name the provider. Mistakes do happen, and they did respond to my angry What the hey!!!? inquiry right away.

Understandable and a good idea...out of curiousity did the vendor take a photo to supply the ISP with and was that photo viewable on your app in the early phase (at least the first few weeks). Unless they messed it up after this, my TCN on the app login was correct along with the photo my vendor had taken on site when I got printed.

Firefly,

Suggest you email the ISP right away and just ask why you're delayed. They responded to me within 24 hours, but were definitely not proactive in ever alerting me to the problem, and they sure knew how to get ahold of me...........

My prints vendor is in Lake County also. He mad it sound like this was his first problem. He said he will get back to me today.

Hey ISP, when something is wrong with an app email the applicant and let them know immediately. You expect us to do everything on line but when you need to do something youll just take your sweet a** time and use snail mail whenever the hecll you feel like it? I dont think so, this is 2014 get your head out of your a** and be a little proactive

Firefly,

I'm curious, when they did your prints and gave you the receipt with the TCN number on it... did they WRITE in the last few numbers?

Good News! Got this from ISP this morning:

"I have corrected the TCN in your application - by using the one you

provided below. This one DOES validate in our system. Thank you for the

information."

Status on website still showing Under Review................

[potomuss, don't know about that form. If I locate it tonight, I'll let you know.]

OP inspired me to send the inquiry email regarding my 1/5 application that is currently UR. ISP replies a few hours later stating my TCN was invalid and I was in the 120 day wait bucket. Forwarded that email to my LiveScan vendor who promptly responds and says he'll look into it.

quackersmaker, thanks for the idea and post of the ISP email . I would have been waiting to contact ISP until day 91 since they aren't sending notice of TCN issues.

Just thought I would send the ISP an email today and see if there are any problems on my 1/5 76XX# application. Got an email back within 5 minutes saying that the TCN # is wrong and that will push me to the 120 day mark!! However if I can supply them with the correct # which begins with LS, that they will correct the application and put me back in with the 90 day people. The person who gave me the receipt for the livescan highlighted the wrong number. I should have looked closer at the livescan receipt because it is very small type but it does say applicant TCN and above that is the LS #. Oh well this proves that it does hurt to check or stay in touch with any questions regarding the ISP. Its funny why they would not contact me and ask me for the correct #, instead they would have pushed me into the 120 day period. So many things can go wrong if you are not careful in this whole CCL process. Every T has to be crossed and every i has to be dotted. Hopefully I will get an email back regarding the corrected number.

I suppose i will email them tonight then, i would have to imagine that is what is holding me up....

so the proper TCN # starts with LS then? I'll have to check when i get home

It starts with a printed # that begins with LS plus a handwritten number from the live scan service. You need this entire number. After emailing them I called and had some nice lady change it over the phone also. Good Luck!

Yes, It could be something as simple as that. I just looked at the number that was highlighted in yellow and thought that was the TCN # but the number starts on the right side of the receipt (very small print) and goes across with a large space where they write a number in. Very confusing! My email from ISP did state that with the correct TCN that I would be able to rejoin the 90 day people with prints. Without the whole number you do not have prints according to ISP and you go to the 120 day period.

Archived