March on State Capitals Sat January 19th

jrussell9109

Since it says noon on January 19th, 2012 it looks like we missed this by about a year. :no:

Didn't catch that but there is one next weekend on the 19th. This is pretty new if you have facebook here is the link to the event https://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/?fref=ts

Invite your friends family or whomever.

I wanted to bring this to the top again and try to spur some more conversation.

I plan on supporting it and i will also go to IGOLD in March. It is pretty easy to separate the two events because they are in fact, separate issues.

IGOLD is primarily directed at the State laws banning concealed carry. All the speakers address that subject, the vast sea of signs almost all refer to concealed carry and that is how it is advertised.

The protest on January 19 is nation-wide and it is purely in defense of the 2nd Amendment and the status quo of current gun ownership.

The Federal government is going to attempt to ban private possession of firearms and our own State government tried that this past week.

If you have to pick and chose between which event that you are going to attend because of conflicts in your personal calender that is understandable.

But, if you're deciding which one to attend because you feel more loyalty to IGOLD then in my opinion you are making the wrong choice.

What the ILGA just attempted and what i think the President will attempt sometime next week is an attack on the 2nd Amendment and your right to keep and bear arms.

For all too long, we have heard from the media about how evil we are for being gunowners and we see time after time people like the Reverend Jackson Father P{hlieger (I am not sure how to spell his name and don't care enough to look it up) appearing i n front of vast groiups of maybe ten or twenty people (cleverly staged to appear to be huindreds) protesting our right to firearm ownershipo.

Well, here comes a national event and while most of us can't travel to EWashington, many of us can travel to Springfield on a Saturday.

I will guarantee that in the States that are firearm friemndly, their State capitols will have a really good turn out.

But, in States like California and definitely Illinois, the media is going to be payoing very close attention to the turnout numbers.

If there is a very weak turnout in Springfield next Saturday (January 19) then the media and the ILGA anti-firearm coalition is going to make a huge big about it.

All of us should be trying our best to get as many people to go as possible. we should making signs right now and organizing car pools.

If you decide to sit back and watch from the sidelines that's your choice.

But, many years ago when the push to eliminate firearms altogether started, too many of us, me included, sat on our collective arses and let it happen.

I won't make that mistake again and i hope many of you will take what I am saying for what it's worth.

We need to support, whole heartedly, every single effort that is made to protect the 2nd Amendment. This is one of them and it could be a very important first in a long drawn out war.

Although I like the idea the people we need to impact on a state level will never even know about it. The Illinois politicians aren't in Springfield on the weekends. We cannot get press decent coverage for IGOLD and I'm sure the media will give less coverage to this.

If Father Pfleger took 15 high school kids out of school to march he'd be on the front page of the Cicsgo Libune.

8,000 2A supporters don't exist in the eyes of the Chicsgo media.

It isn't fair but that's the way it is.

Thank YOU BUD !!!!!! ABSOLUTELY!!! I WILL be there,and i will TRY to bring as many as i can with me.

You are exactly right BUD.Come on guys,don't sit on your arse and wait. We shouldn't WAIT on NOTHING.We cannot just set back. We HAVE to stand up to these people.They are shoving these stupid laws down our throats and WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER RIGHT NOW!!!

Lets go,be at the Illinois state capitol building at NOON Saturday Jan 19th.2013

I don't see any conflict on attending any event in support of 2nd amend or IGOLD. Its all about the same thing. Gun rights.

I cannot go to D.C. but I can get to Springfield. I can do it because I owe that much plus more to the people that gave us this freedom.

Lets not pretend freedom is just too inconvenient . Get off your rears and attend one or more events. Don't quiver in the corner on "what if enough people don't turn out". If there are not enough people in this country to stand up and be counted then we deserve what we get.

Sorry if I offend people but I can only take so much whining without action to follow.

I just need parking suggestions and street address of the meet for my gps.

Archived