Rep Willis and sidekick Sen Harmon town hall Nov 21

Sweeper13

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101634704315&ca=11993b03-17a9-420f-b990-4e840526e5cb

What: Town Hall Meeting

Who: Rep. Kathleen Willis, Sen. Don Harmon

Date: Tuesday, 21 November 2017

Time: 6:30 PM. (Be there by 5:45 to get a seat

Where: Bensenville Village Hall, 12 South Center Street, Bensenville, IL

It's too bad they aren't going to Seven Dwarfs in Wheaton again. I wonder if they realized how many carry permits were in use in that room. Yet nobody yelled, screamed, or knocked over a chair. We certainly objected loudly when they floated nonsense, but it was a civilized if futile discussion.

I'll bet she just emailed the talking points to us yesterday.

OOC

When folks here go to these town hall meetings, is it to provide truth and anti propaganda to those in the audience?

Yes. But even if you say nothing, wear something that shows you are on the pro-gun side. NRA shirt with Air Force cap?

Or my shirt that says Embrace Diversity and has a picture of carbines, revolvers, semi pistols, bolt action, ARs AKs, etc.

OOC

When folks here go to these town hall meetings, is it to provide truth and anti propaganda to those in the audience?

Yes. But even if you say nothing, wear something that shows you are on the pro-gun side. NRA shirt with Air Force cap?

Or my shirt that says Embrace Diversity and has a picture of carbines, revolvers, semi pistols, bolt action, ARs AKs, etc.

LOL, I love it!

OOC

I can make you a T-shirt with this on it:

https://i.imgur.com/5iea9yws.jpg

5iea9yw.jpg

OOC

Beautiful

OOC

Found one here. Might have to order me one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Celebrate-Diversity-Gun-Rifle-Pistol-Shotgun-T-shirt-/361505397567?var=&hash=item92e423af2d

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kWsAAOSwu1VW3KI5/s-l1600.jpg

Eugene

Been to these before, exact same venue and exact same participants. Never seemed to be a lot of anti's in the audience.

You could sense the audience's impatience ("not again") when the 2nd amendment issues were brought up. They really didn't want to hear it. Either side of the issue.

Harmon is the brains of the operation, with Willis chiming in ("meeee tooooo") once in a while so she is seen and heard.

Chances are it will be far more about the progressive income tax that they want, to "solve" the state's money crisis.

I just looked up Willis' District 77 Facebook page and it's private. In other words, you have to be approved as a friend before you can read it. I can't say I've ever seen another politician do that.

Apparently she feels the need to be isolated from the opinions of constituents she disagrees with. I wonder if that's even legal.

I just looked up Willis' District 77 Facebook page and it's private. In other words, you have to be approved as a friend before you can read it. I can't say I've ever seen another politician do that.

Apparently she feels the need to be isolated from the opinions of constituents she disagrees with. I wonder if that's even legal.

I'd say she was feeling the love she earned. You reap what you sow.

I found it quite presumptuous where two of the moms were sitting in front of me, at "official" seats, behind the "rail" on the side.

And when they took the picture that shows Todd, I'm slightly further over to the left.

Archived