Photo

Call to Action 2/15/2019 - Witness Slips Needed! (UPDATED 2/17/2019)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 gearhead

• Supporting Members Team
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:44 PM

Done x 2.

#32 357

• 1,562 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

Done.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#33 WitchDoctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

All done.Thanks mauserme.Like the new format.

Thanks. We were hoping it would make things easier.

We're getting late word that these bills probably will be sent to subcommittee this time. That was the word for the last hearing too, and it didn't pan out that way, but we might skip an email alert this time around.  

It can't hurt to file slips so if you're in the mood, go right ahead.  But if you need a break from these things, this is a good time to take it.

We can not afford to take a break. Especially after what happened today...

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#34 Colt guy

• 1,305 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:10 PM

All done. Every time.
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#35 NonDescript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:35 AM

Done!

#36 jrsavoie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

Thanks again. You are an invaluable asset to fighting for our rights!

#37 Googe1227

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

Done
"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison
NRA, ISRA, GOA, SAF

#38 TomKoz

• 4,109 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

11,000 ++ members here and yet most Bills short of 300 Witness Slips for our side !!

PATHETIC !!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#39 DD123

Freedom Lover

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

All of them done last night. Come on folks, there’s no reason every member on here can’t spend literally 2 minutes filling these out.

Force and intimidation are the tools of tyrants.  - Ron Paul

If Democrats quit shooting people, "gun violence" would go down by 80%.......

Taxation is theft

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#40 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,573 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:25 PM

I don't know if you saw my note but we kind of called of the dogs on this one. I agree with Witchy that we can't afford to take a break, but sometimes you just gotta bust open a can of tactical bacon.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—...
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   (2 Corinthians 4 NIV)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#41 SleepingBirdDog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

Wife an I filed slips for all bills listed. Thanks for making it easy to do, Mauser.

Life Member NRA

Member ISRA

#42 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

We've decided to go forward with this Call to Action, with the addition of  SB201 WILDLIFE LEAD AMMUNITION, a bill proposing to ban the use of traditional ammunition for hunting. While the bill does allow for ISP to provide lead free ammo at no or reduced cost, this provision is not required and is subject to available funding, meaning none.

Links to witness slips can be found in the opening post.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—...
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   (2 Corinthians 4 NIV)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#43 Redlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

We've decided to go forward with this Call to Action, with the addition of  SB201 WILDLIFE LEAD AMMUNITION, a bill proposing to ban the use of traditional ammunition for hunting. While the bill does allow for ISP to provide lead free ammo at no or reduced cost, this provision is not required and is subject to available funding, meaning none.

Links to witness slips can be found in the opening post.

Sorry people,if this passes,after the DNR replaces my stockpile of hunting ammo with a lead free version they will have no money left for the rest of you.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

#44 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• 3,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

I have done them all. (Not that these so-called "representatives" give two poops!!!)

#45 mcspider

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

Done - all

#46 Rangerdeepv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

Done +1

#47 JoeM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

Done

Never pet a burning dog!

#48 spanishjames

• 2,998 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:23 PM

Done!

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#49 X Ring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:10 PM

Done X 2, plus got the word out to the rest of my family.

Life member: NRA, Aurora Sportsmans Club
Member: GOA and ISRA
Remember when the enemy is within range so are you! When in doubt empty the entire mag!

#50 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:50 AM

SB201 I actually support.

The bill is there to prevent lead poisoning to predators or scavengers who may eat a wounded or killed animal that was shot with lead ammunition.

The bill is not an our right ban, but ban only for hunting purposes.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#51 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:36 AM

I asked my father how he felt about these and he instructed me to fill out witness slips on his behalf.

NO AMMO NEEDS BANNED. You folks are just inviting trouble supporting things like that. Next it would be a ban on lead ammo at ranges. Then wherever..

Edited by Bird76Mojo, 18 February 2019 - 02:39 AM.

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#52 Dobroguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:57 AM

DONE

#53 Dx54r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:02 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that banning lead shot for HUNTING makes sense from a conservation standpoint? We have coyotes, eagles, and other birds of prey dying of lead poisoning all over the country. Lead free ammo, although slightly more expensive, is common and effective.

I am all for Anti-Fudd legislature. Maybe when shooting durr with their durr rifles is more expensive, they might wake up and start actually opposing all these other laws.

Edited by Dx54r, 18 February 2019 - 08:04 AM.

#54 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• Members
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:06 AM

Done - again - with the new Wildlife Lead Ammo bill

Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

Phil Compton "ishmo", "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend.

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

#55 Redlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:44 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that banning lead shot for HUNTING makes sense from a conservation standpoint? We have coyotes, eagles, and other birds of prey dying of lead poisoning all over the country. Lead free ammo, although slightly more expensive, is common and effective.

I am all for Anti-Fudd legislature. Maybe when shooting durr with their durr rifles is more expensive, they might wake up and start actually opposing all these other laws.

Banning lead at heavily used DNR sites where maybe 50-200 people pound across the same ground daily during a season actually makes sense.They do that at some sites already.Or on heavily concentrated waterfowl routes,which the Feds ban already.But on private land where maybe a few guys go out a few times a season to hunt different species,there would be no concentrations of lead as there is in public sites.It is just another attempt to regulate what you can do our your own land.As mentioned above banning lead at all ranges,public or your own would be next.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

#56 steveTA84

• 3,870 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

Sorry, had to

CE38uG2.jpg
XIDKoTO.jpg

#57 PeepSight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:45 AM

Done. Thanks again Mauserme!!

#58 mauserme

• Admin
  • 20,573 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

SB201 I actually support.

The bill is there to prevent lead poisoning to predators or scavengers who may eat a wounded or killed animal that was shot with lead ammunition.

The bill is not an our right ban, but ban only for hunting purposes.

There's likely a middle ground the sponsor hasn't considered, but should.

#59 rams_1_again

• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

Slips submitted.

#60 soundguy

• 6,073 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

You make it so easy.

Thank you Mauserme.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users