IDPA: What are you guys using?

ScottFM

S&W625JM, the Jerry Miculek model .45acp with moon clips. I made a couple changes, front sight is high-viz green dot by SDM and I changed out the JM grips for Hogue Bantam grips in Cocobolo wood. I use either a Mitch Rosen OWB belt holster or a Cabo IWB both are leather. California Competition Works moon clip holders and Load/Unload tool and a homemade demooner tool.

Wow really interesting. I actually just sold my Glock 19, well traded it in on a new carry gun, P365 SAS. I was thinking of the Glock 17 or the CZ for IDPA, perhaps I should have kept the 19? Too late now.

Does anyone use an optic or is everything really just done with regular or fiber optic sights for that type of competition?

Wow really interesting. I actually just sold my Glock 19, well traded it in on a new carry gun, P365 SAS. I was thinking of the Glock 17 or the CZ for IDPA, perhaps I should have kept the 19? Too late now.

Does anyone use an optic or is everything really just done with regular or fiber optic sights for that type of competition?

Theoretically, they're coming up with a separate division for optics. I haven't checked the rules yet to see if it's official. Other than that division, optics are illegal AFAIK.

Bri

Theoretically, they're coming up with a separate division for optics. I haven't checked the rules yet to see if it's official. Other than that division, optics are illegal AFAIK.

Bri

I do pretty much all my shooting in Indiana and those two clubs run an optics class. I may be wrong but I think the optics division is now legal but a club does not have to run it. I will find out for sure and get back. Jim.

This is one sport I never found an interest in, mainly because I shoot USPSA and 3 gun and during the summer I can fill up almost every Sunday with a match. Both of those sports are very high round count whereas from what I've seen at IDPA matches, the round count is very low in comparison.

If I were to get into it, I'd imagine myself using my VP9 SK.

Archived