207 days and counting for an address change

Antwan

Good-morning everyone. I moved last year, which prompted the action to update the new address information on my currently valid FOID and CCL license, via the ISP website. I did this on June 30th, 2020.

The Illinois state DMV prints driver's licenses in less than 30 minutes. There is nothing beyond irrational bureaucracy antics as to why something, granting citizens a constitutional right, should take this long. I have attempted to do my own footwork by reaching out to the ISP, and my state representative Natalie Manley. Unfortunately, I haven't established contact with either. A simple reminder that we should continue to be vigilant in voicing our concerns to the proper authority having jurisdiction regarding this matter.

A right delayed is a right denied.

I'm at 107 days since I did my change of address, and no new cards. I'm not happy one bit about it. I agree with your post.

It's totally illogical. Addresses changes could be done with such minimal effort. I saw a comment today on Reddit/r/ILGuns, where the person is at 1 year and 3 weeks for an address change. We likely have a long journey ahead of us.

So far have waited 86 Days for my change of Address for FOID and 7 months for CCL renewal.

My FOID Expires in July so can't wait to see how that go's (Sarcasm)...

I'll be sure to pray for you.

So far have waited 86 Days for my change of Address for FOID and 7 months for CCL renewal.

My FOID Expires in July so can't wait to see how that go's (Sarcasm)...

So did you submit a change of address request for your FOID while waiting for your CCL renewal?

Yes I did, moved in October, summited CCL renewal back in May.

It dose seem that all of this backlog may save me the address change fee on the CCL since it was under review when the address change request was put in.

Both the FOID and CCL show same Application Number as of this date.

• 3 weeks later...
I’m currently at 202 days for a FOID address change and CCL without prints. Molly has been gracious in assisting me, but it all comes down to the state of Illinois’ bureaucratic BS. I can’t even complain to my state rep because he’s a gun hater. I check the portal every day like a kid waiting for his letter from Santa to come in the mail. I’ll probably get the letter from Santa before I see my permits! Total BS! My Florida renewal took 6 weeks!

I don't see an edit post button, and I would like to add something. When you shoot obscure calibers, for example 5.45x39, this entirely terminates your ability to purchase ammunition online.

There is a limited time to edit your post, if you are not a supporting member, i.e. have a paid subscription.

if you wish to subscribe, go to Subscriptions near the top left of the screen. It is $25 per year.

That will allow you to edit your posts. It will also give you access to the Back Room. It is for posts that do not fit into the other categories.

Of course, you can still post in the other categories without subscribing.

Archived