First bump stocks now Trump wants to ban suppressors

bearwidnezz

Does that mean you'll be voting for Camilla Harris then?

There is another Republican running for the nomination, and others waiting in the wings. Some might actually be Republicans and Conservatives... our current President is neither.

Trump is 100% a Trumper.

A vote for Trump is a vote for whatever is good for Trump.

Guess you'll be voting Swalwell then?

I just love this talk about how Trump is worse than the alternative. Granted, nobody expected him to win, and no doubt Cruz or Rand would have been much better by a long shot, but to claim Trump is worse than Hillary on the 2A is grossly misinformed. And, the SCOTUS and all of the districts appointments would have been the final sludge hammer for the duration of our generation. Just stop that crazy way of thinking. With any luck, we will get a good conservative candidate, our Knight or Knightess in shining armor, with a proven track record of protecting ALL of the Constitutional Rights, with fiscal responsibility, and a strong foreign policy who will beat Trump in the primary, and ultimately win the next election. Problem is, nobody is even on the 10,000 mile radar.

That's a cop out, and you know it.

Trump is an Anti, I don't care who he appointed. HE is an Anti.

Until people wake up to that fact, he's going to keep trampling all over the 2nd amendment without people standing up to it. He's a far worse opponent to the 2nd than any Democrat, because people let him get away with it.

Does that mean you'll be voting for Camilla Harris then?

There is another Republican running for the nomination, and others waiting in the wings. Some might actually be Republicans and Conservatives... our current President is neither.

Trump is 100% a Trumper.

A vote for Trump is a vote for whatever is good for Trump.

I don't think Harris has called for guns to be taken away without due process, or for a new assault weapons ban, or for suppressors to be banned. I could be wrong.

But if you go by what has actually been said and done, I'm pretty sure Harris is a gun owner, I'm pretty sure Trump could care less about the 2nd amendment.

It's a toss up.

When Harris and Obama are more pro-2nd amendment than the guy that folks on a gun board are defending, you know the world's gone upside down.

I just love this talk about how Trump is worse than the alternative. Granted, nobody expected him to win, and no doubt Cruz or Rand would have been much better by a long shot, but to claim Trump is worse than Hillary on the 2A is grossly misinformed. And, the SCOTUS and all of the districts appointments would have been the final sludge hammer for the duration of our generation. Just stop that crazy way of thinking. With any luck, we will get a good conservative candidate, our Knight or Knightess in shining armor, with a proven track record of protecting ALL of the Constitutional Rights, with fiscal responsibility, and a strong foreign policy who will beat Trump in the primary, and ultimately win the next election. Problem is, nobody is even on the 10,000 mile radar.

Keep supporting Trump (and candidates like him) lock, stock, and barrel, and you'll never see a viable alternative again in your lifetime.

Bill Weld (former MA R governor) has announced a Republican 2020 campaign for president. He hasn't announced any specific positions.He was the Libertarian VP candidate in 2016.

No thanks

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/08/12/bill-weld-just-compared-ar-15s-weapons-mass-destruction-said-pistols-even-worse/

16 minutes and 50 seconds into an interview with Revolt TV, Weld dropped this stunning statement.

The five-shot rifle, thats a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses, Weld said. That is when they become, essentially, a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15.

Fudd to the extreme

Keep supporting Trump (and candidates like him) lock, stock, and barrel, and you'll never see a viable alternative again in your lifetime.

Not sure what the deal is with you, but this BS that Hillary would have been better for our 2A rights is utter lunacy. Nobody said that Trump is the ideal conservative leader. Far from it in a whole lot of respects. But to everyone's on the planet's surprise, he WON the primary, and we had a choice between Clinton and Trump. What is your point?? Jeez, get a clue.

Most of the "Trump supporters" here supported him against Hillary, because he won the R nomination... not against the other R nominees, so you're preaching to the wrong crowd.

THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^^^

I REALLY wish that there was a viable alternative in the Republican Primary, but I do not see one currently. If one comes up, I will take a hard look. Many of my friends and relatives asked if I supported Trump in 2016. 100% of the time I said that "Trump wasn't my first choice, second choice nor even my 10th choice, but I am VERY glad that Hillary is NOT the President".

Most of the "Trump supporters" here supported him against Hillary, because he won the R nomination... not against the other R nominees, so you're preaching to the wrong crowd.

I'm not talking about the 2016 election. I'm talking about afterwards.

People on a 2nd amendment rights board are making excuses for someone who is a gun grabber. Trump has supported more anti-gun legislation than Obama did, and is WORSE on the 2nd amendment than Obama... but people defend him (oh those judicial appointments!!!). If people keep making excuses for him, then he's going to keep doing the same stuff (or worse).

He's told you he wants to take away your guns without due process. He's told you he wants an assault weapons ban. He's told you he wants to limit standard capacity mags. He's told you he wants to take away silencers, he's already taken away bump stocks. He didn't keep his promises for reciprocity and carrying on military bases. He's personally done nothing positive for the 2nd amendment, and a ton of really horrible Anti things. At what point to YOU stand up to him for those statements and actions?

Trump is a far worse enemy to the 2nd amendment than any Democrat, because many of the people who are pro 2nd are giving him a pass. He's the Anti version of the Trojan Horse.

People on a 2nd amendment rights board are making excuses for someone who is a gun grabber. Trump has supported more anti-gun legislation than Obama did, and is WORSE on the 2nd amendment than Obama... but people defend him (oh those judicial appointments!!!). If people keep making excuses for him, then he's going to keep doing the same stuff (or worse).

He's told you he wants to take away your guns without due process. He's told you he wants an assault weapons ban. He's told you he wants to limit standard capacity mags. He's told you he wants to take away silencers, he's already taken away bump stocks. He didn't keep his promises for reciprocity and carrying on military bases. He's personally done nothing positive for the 2nd amendment, and a ton of really horrible Anti things. At what point to YOU stand up to him for those statements and actions?

Trump is a far worse enemy to the 2nd amendment than any Democrat, because many of the people who are pro 2nd are giving him a pass. He's the Anti version of the Trojan Horse.

See post #2.

Trump says a lot of dumb things. Many of those dumb things are simply to get attention. Don't you think he may be trying to pander to the other side a little? That is how most politicians work, from both sides of their mouth. Trump may not have been a pol at the start but he quickly caught on to what works. Everything he told you he would do regarding guns hasn't happened that I'm aware of. Just like when he said in the Stephanopolous interview about how if someone claimed to have dirt on his opponent he would entertain the info and decide whether its good for his election or good for the FBI. The MSM went berserk over it falling for some choice words that in the end meant nothing. They are still upside down over it. TDS.

See post #2.

Trump says a lot of dumb things. Many of those dumb things are simply to get attention. Don't you think he may be trying to pander to the other side a little? That is how most politicians work, from both sides of their mouth. Trump may not have been a pol at the start but he quickly caught on to what works. Everything he told you he would do regarding guns hasn't happened that I'm aware of. Just like when he said in the Stephanopolous interview about how if someone claimed to have dirt on his opponent he would entertain the info and decide whether its good for his election or good for the FBI. The MSM went berserk over it falling for some choice words that in the end meant nothing. They are still upside down over it. TDS.

You could apply the same logic that you're using to Clinton.

When someone tells me that they want to take away my rights, I believe them.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Harris has called for guns to be taken away without due process, or for a new assault weapons ban, or for suppressors to be banned. I could be wrong.

But if you go by what has actually been said and done, I'm pretty sure Harris is a gun owner, I'm pretty sure Trump could care less about the 2nd amendment.

It's a toss up.

When Harris and Obama are more pro-2nd amendment than the guy that folks on a gun board are defending, you know the world's gone upside down.

The funny part (well, not funny) is that Trump and Harris are both gun owners.

https://www.thetrace.org/2019/06/democratic-candidates-2020-gun-policy/

Harris' gun violence policy page calls for an "assault weapons ban." Campaign website

All gun buyers must obtain Federal license.

When asked how she liked Cory Bookers proposal for federal gun licensing, she answered, "I like the idea." YouTube

"If Congress fails to send comprehensive gun safety legislation to Kamalas desk within her first 100 days as president including universal background checks, an assault weapons ban, and the repeal of the NRAs corporate gun manufacturer immunity shield she will take executive action to keep our kids and communities safe." Campaign website

Harris' gun violence policy page calls for an "assault weapons ban." – Campaign website

When asked how she liked Cory Booker’s proposal for federal gun licensing, she answered, "I like the idea." – YouTube

"If Congress fails to send comprehensive gun safety legislation to Kamala’s desk within her first 100 days as president – including universal background checks, an assault weapons ban, and the repeal of the NRA’s corporate gun manufacturer immunity shield – she will take executive action to keep our kids and communities safe." – Campaign website

The Trace, same media group that pulled off the hit on the NRA in April.

As to Harris (and all the dem candidates), they can go suck their thumbs

Harris' gun violence policy page calls for an "assault weapons ban." – Campaign website

When asked how she liked Cory Booker’s proposal for federal gun licensing, she answered, "I like the idea." – YouTube

"If Congress fails to send comprehensive gun safety legislation to Kamala’s desk within her first 100 days as president – including universal background checks, an assault weapons ban, and the repeal of the NRA’s corporate gun manufacturer immunity shield – she will take executive action to keep our kids and communities safe." – Campaign website

I don't disagree, but Trump can too. He is an Anti. All of his actions show it. It's time to hold him accountable for his positions and policies. Failing to do so will mean significant damage to the 2nd amendment.

I don't disagree, but Trump can too. He is an Anti. All of his actions show it. It's time to hold him accountable for his positions and policies. Failing to do so will mean significant damage to the 2nd amendment.

Not as much damage as if one of the Dems win.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not as much damage as if one of the Dems win.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Really? Because Trump proposed taking your "assault rifles' away without any compensation. He said he's not in favor or due process for gun owners. He's proposing the same for silencers. I don't see a single Dem candidate proposing that. Blindly following Trump on the 2nd amendment will lead to more of your rights being taken away.

He's already taken away your bump stocks without compensation, in violation of the constitution. Exactly how is Trump himself personally better than any of these candidates? You can claim "judges" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Trump is a worse enemy to the constitution on gun rights than the majority of the Dem candidates are.

I sincerely doubt Clinton wouldn't have taken away your bump stocks without compensation. I just don't see the benefit Trump has provided for the 2nd amendment. Feel free to list all of his accomplishments for us on the 2nd, things that he has actually done himself personally.

^^^

Soooooooo Swalwell it is?

And since youll be voting Dem, which one are you rooting for?

Not any Anti. I'm happy to hear any arguments for the pro-2nd amendment things Trump has supposedly done that justifies any support. If anyone can come up with a list of things that he has personally done to advance the 2nd amendment, I'm always willing to admit if/when I'm wrong.

No one has been able to provide me with anything so far, but if you've got something, please let me know.

Archived