Straight talk about "Assault Weapons"

Blaster

Yeah but I think Smokey888's question is why do you need assault weapons? You can't use them in hunting and we have this thing called the police so you needn't do any vigilante work...

Do you think civil society is going to last forever here? I honestly do not. My thought process is that there could come a time, it may be a single event out of the blue, when youre going to want much much more than a double barreled shotgun and a .22 for protection. If the dollar collapses it could cause mass chaos. Theres not enough police to protect everybody, even on a small scale basis. If theres one crisis going on that they can funnel all of their resources to, they will get there....eventually....and help.

What if theres a total break down and there are 10, 50, 200 crisis going on at the same time? Now its just you to fend off whatever the threat may be. If the money becomes no good, I do not know many police officers who are going to work for free in order to protect you specifically from angry roving gangs.

If you think society holds together forever, which is a very long time, then its easy to become complacent and assume the authorities will always take care of everything for you. Including the protection of your family when people are starving and desperate. Maybe nothing will ever happen. I would not bet on it.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Chicago already bans semi-autos that are similar looking to their full-auto counterpart. My HiPoint 995 is already banned as an assault rifle. Semi-auto rifles and handguns are on the agenda to being banned on a national level due to the recent shootings and just think of the fast quick and easy Feel Good result such bans would generate....while doing nothing about the real problem.

I am not a criminologist, or psychologist but even I know that the common denominator in ALL criminal activity (mass shootings included) is a criminal who is deranged by normal societal standards. Continuing to blame the implements the deranged use is a fool's errand of the highest order......which is why it is the path our politictions will take.

Yeah but I think Smokey888's question is why do you need assault weapons? You can't use them in hunting and we have this thing called the police so you needn't do any vigilante work...

This thing called "The police" have guns to protect... themselves that is... unless you are referring to the band with Sting??

The government have weapons to protect themselves.. if they want to BAN "assault rifles" they should start by grinding up theirs first..

lead by example!

• 3 weeks later...

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/if-you-want-take-assault-weapons-away-general-public-you-congress-should-get-rid-your-armed-security/jMbHLtlg?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Follow this link to petition the President to get rid of his armed security if he wants to disarm the American people. His security carries real assault weapons that fire multi round bursts. The executive branch is guarded by armed security 24 hours a day. The Executive Branch wants us to rely on the police to protect us from crime, while they walk around with security armed to the teeth. Why should they receive any additional security than any other american? Obama recently signed a bill into law that will give him Secret Service protection for the rest of his life. Where is our protection for ourself, our family, and our property????? Yes that is right, you will be paying for Obama's armed security for the rest of his life. Good luck even getting a revolver to protect yourself when this Administration gets done shredding your Constitutional Rights.

SIGN THE PETITION SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived