Anyone received a FOID expiration letter?

Molly B.

I have one from last Dec 8. How can I send it to you ? I don't use a smart phone.

Many municipal libraries provide free scanning services. You can scan it and email the image file. Depending on the library, you can probably email it directly from the scanner. The email option is for people who don't have a flash drive to send the image to themselves, but you could send it to Molly just as easily.

Redacting any personal information would involve some extra steps in the middle.

And there's always FAXing.

This ties in with my concern about not cancelling the cards by sending them back if you move. It seems that the state likes to revoke licenses and I'm concerned that a record of a "revoked" firearm license will be misinterpreted by another state or perhaps a county with an anti-gun sheriff. In my thread about this a few have helpfully chimed in with the details that their cards are still showing as valid despite having changed their driver license/official residence. That's status quo for now. What happens when they expire though? Revoked? Then how will a "revoked" license trickle down on a background check somewhere else?

• 3 months later...

Archived