Springfield and RRA sold out for carve out

TRJ

They need to realize that they can't simply throw it in reverse and undo the damage. Even though it appears RRA is going to do just that. Likely SA too as they should know that they stepped in a massive pile of it and have irreparably damaged their business. Nothing will be forgiven and they will simply look like greed-driven scum, worse than they already do.

If they don't like this constant onslaught from Madigan Machine politicians, don't want to keep dealing with this crap coming out of Chicago, then they should take a cue from Les Baer and LMT and just leave the state. Not sell out every past, current, and future customer within their state of domicile.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This...and they need to be pragmatic enough to realize they got a carve out THIS TIME. What happens when the bill/law inevitably fails to stop Chicago gang crime and Harmon comes a knocking again?

I own both a "Loaded" model Springfield Armory Inc. M1A, and a 3.3" XDS. Both of these firearms were purchased from a local gun shop. The kind Springfield Armory Inc. apparently doesn't care enough about to stand up for. Unless and until SAI makes this right, I will never purchase another product from them again.

They need to realize that they can't simply throw it in reverse and undo the damage. Even though it appears RRA is going to do just that. Likely SA too as they should know that they stepped in a massive pile of it and have irreparably damaged their business. Nothing will be forgiven and they will simply look like greed-driven scum, worse than they already do.

If they don't like this constant onslaught from Madigan Machine politicians, don't want to keep dealing with this crap coming out of Chicago, then they should take a cue from Les Baer and LMT and just leave the state. Not sell out every past, current, and future customer within their state of domicile.

This...and they need to be pragmatic enough to realize they got a carve out THIS TIME. What happens when the bill/law inevitably fails to stop Chicago gang crime and Harmon comes a knocking again?

Excellent question.

Legendary professional shooter Rob Leatham is employed by SA and is the captain of their shooting team. Has any one heard any comments from Rob or other members of the team?

I think it would really send a message if Rob and the other team members renounced their sponsorships over this. I know they are under contract but just a thought.

So now I have to sell off my Springfield's because they're sell outs and my Glocks because he's an anti Semite. But I won't be able to because of the gun transfer limitation. Diabolical! Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just drop them off at the next buyback.

Notice that wasn't even purple. How awesome would it be if people posting videos of turning in their SA's went viral? I'd much rather see those than Wally Walks...

I guess I'm officially shopping for a replacement for my XDS now...

How awesome it must be that on the roll out day of a new product everyone is talking about how they'll never buy anything from them again instead of the new great product.

I think they're stinky poo pants right now too, but I'll leave the door cracked for a retraction and APOLOGY since it was a spokesman for the group and not the individual manufacturers that did the speaking. But, they will have to really sell that apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it does make sense to hear what they have to say. I'd rather welcome them back as an ally than wish they hadn't gone out of business.

But they do need to realize this isn't the first time they've been represented this way. They've negotiated this exemption on more than one dealer licensing bill, in more than the current General Assembly.

I wonder if they know that.

I had to think if I owned any Springfield Armory things, and it turns out I don't. Now I'm not going to, either.

Also, what did Magpul do when Colorado was screwing with the laws? They left. They put their money where their mouth was, and told Colorado to shove it. Illinois politicians only understand one thing, that's the lack of funds for their overreach. Unfortunately, with the people piloting this state, it's bound for the floor.

How awesome it must be that on the roll out day of a new product everyone is talking about how they'll never buy anything from them again instead of the new great product.

I think they're stinky poo pants right now too, but I'll leave the door cracked for a retraction and APOLOGY since it was a spokesman for the group and not the individual manufacturers that did the speaking. But, they will have to really sell that apology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it does make sense to hear what they have to say. I'd rather welcome them back as an ally than wish they hadn't gone out of business.

But they do need to realize this isn't the first time they've been represented this way. They've negotiated this exemption on more than one dealer licensing bill, in more than the current General Assembly.

I wonder if they know that.

We'll see. There was 133 new 1* reviews on their FB page and it is as if yet unanswered...

I like Smith & Wesson anyway

I was thinking I would have to trade off some Springfield thing, but turns out it's a S&W. lol...

Remember when Smith & Wesson cut a deal with the Clinton administration to end federal and state lawsuits against the company?

Legendary professional shooter Rob Leatham is employed by SA and is the captain of their shooting team. Has any one heard any comments from Rob or other members of the team?

I think it would really send a message if Rob and the other team members renounced their sponsorships over this. I know they are under contract but just a thought.

Wouldnt hurt to put the idea in Robs head through email or social media...

Kinda reminds me of many of the downstater's here who were willing to carve us Cook residents out of the carry bill to get it to pass.

Just Saying .......................

. :logik:

You'll notice those downstaters are nowhere around now and those of us who demanded that our guaranteed pro gun voting representatives hold the line on statewide preemption are still here.

That would more than likely never happen.

There are a lot of misconceptions about "pro" sponsored shooters. Some get free stuff, some get discounts, and probably less than 10 earn a living solely from their sponsorships. Rob is one of them along with Jerry, and a few others. Most pros if shooting is all they do, also teach, own a business in the shooting world, and things related to shooting. Ben Stoeger has been pretty dominant for some time in USPSA but even someone like him lives off of teaching and selling shooting gear.

We're getting a firsthand look at what pro gun Californian's have been dealing with. And that is largely anti gun scumbags like Harmon.

I was arguing about this with a relative of mine who is pro Harmon for whatever reason. She was saying that he's fed up with the homicides and had to do "something". When your house is on fire, do you whip it out and try to put the fire out that way, or look for a solution that will actually solve the problem like calling the fire department? That bill will not even result in one less person shot or killed in Chicago. The only reason I can confidently predict the lack of effect this will have is just looking at where the guns are actually coming from, and they're not coming from lawful transactions at stores. Even if somehow the law managed to catch more people conducting straw purchases, the results will just be a slap on the wrist anyhow.

Kinda reminds me of many of the downstater's here who were willing to carve us Cook residents out of the carry bill to get it to pass.

Just Saying .......................By

You'll notice those downstaters are nowhere around now and those of us who demanded that our guaranteed pro gun voting representatives hold the line on statewide preemption are still here.

Oh we're still here and fighting just like you whether you want to give us credit or not.

By the way my thinking was one state one law.

Don't characterize people by where they live. Maybe we just don't like your attitude sometimes

They also have an opponent entry so it may have been an error. I dont think you can delete one and can only change under certain circumstances if I remember correctly.

Here's the way I look at liquidating my SA collection (a whopping one pistol collection, but still) is that, when the used market is flooded with the products of one or two manufacturers, they're forced to compete with their own products. They don't make anything off the second sale or third sale, so someone who would have bought a new SA firearm ends up buying a used SA firearm instead, SA loses that revenue entirely. People don't have money, so every little bit counts and a used pistol is usually just as good as a brand new one for less than the price of new.

I guess you missed my signature line, eh?

Springfield is in fact catching a tsunami of negative posts all over the 'net including their Facebook page. It costs them a fortune to have a massive booth at the NRA Conventions - and even more to create and introduce a new product. I suspect that the current wave of hate is NOT the convention 'bounce' they anticipated but it surely is what they deserve.

The CEO will likely be back in his Geneseo office on Monday - I'm guessing it won't be a fun day at the ranch at the Sales & Marketing meeting.

Be sure to send them an e-mail - Sales@springfield-armory.com and make a post on their FB page if you can https://www.facebook.com/SpringfieldArmoryUSA/

They need to hear a united voice of displeasure.

Just Saying .......................By

Oh we're still here and fighting just like you whether you want to give us credit or not.

By the way my thinking was one state one law.

Don't characterize people by where they live. Maybe we just don't like your attitude sometimes

I guess you missed my signature line, eh?

I guess I must have unclear referenced. By "those" downstaters I meant the ones that suggested the carve out was acceptable. There were a vocal few, and haven't posted in years now. I am one of the other downstaters that told my reps not to vote for anything less than a statewide law.

Sent them this:

I am disappointed, and livid that your company has taken the position to support SB1657, also known as the Gun Dealer Licensing Act. I am appalled. You have decided to throw your Illinois customer base under the bus, in the name of eliminating competition and profits. Not every FFL in Illinois, which stocks and sells your products, is a big box store. Many independent business' WILL go out of business, if this horrific piece of legislation passes. You may not be aware, but gossip travels far and wide - let alone in the gun industry. Needless to say: I will be informing all my friends, family and relatives (some who happen to own a business in the defense industry themselves), that I no longer support your company. I will not buy another product, due to your companies selling out of lawful gun owners in this state. Likewise, everyone I know who lives in Illinois who owns your products, are listing them for sale because they don't want to own something linked to another company selling our rights out the backdoor.
Truly appalled and disappointed,
Crufflesmuth

Archived