Photo

Recent Change of addr prior to recent CCL renewal trng

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Terrygbr

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:48 PM

Just completed CCL renewal training.  Moved to a new address, same area, within the last 120 days, will my new CCL license reflect my current address, or do I need to follow up with a formal address change, since I've long passed the stated 10-day notification period?

#2 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Is your DL and/or FOID updated?

The CCL pop-up says..."Finally, if you are renewing your application, DO NOT choose "Edit Name/Address." You can update your address during the renewal application process"...
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#3 Terrygbr

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:17 PM

Thank you.  Guess we'll see if there's an issue, the DL was updated weeks ago, but had issues with the FOID, the website isnt exactly friendly.

#4 Terrygbr

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:26 PM

I'm not sure about this, but if the DL was updated earlier, does that also update info to the FOID, or is the FOID update totally separate?

#5 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:37 PM

They use the DL photo and the addresses must match but Ive never heard of a DL update triggering a FOID address update.

The cost of a replacement/corrected FOID is usually $5 but you may he able to do it at FOID renewal just like CCL renewal.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 18 November 2019 - 10:44 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#6 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,458 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

When the address change is done during the CCL renewal address history, I don't think a separate request for FOID address change is necessary.  Wait until you get the renewed CCL and see what happens.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users