Appealing CCL Review Board Denial

• Please log in to reply
1305 replies to this topic

#1291 chicago555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

Paper work to have my record expunged filed, what should be my next step?

#1292 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,458 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

Paper work to have my record expunged filed, what should be my next step?

Wait 90 days and then do another background check to make sure everything is gone.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#1293 tonee667

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:08 AM

How long before I can reapply for my ccw in Illinoins?

#1294 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

How long before I can reapply for my ccw in Illinoins?

Why was it denied the first time? You didn't give enough information to answer. Sort of like asking us how far is it to Springfield Illinois. LOL

Edited by spec5, 13 December 2018 - 01:04 PM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#1295 chicago555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Okay just received paper work from Cook County saying that my record has been expunged, I'm currently waiting on the paperwork from the state of Illinois and the FBI saying the samething. After I get those in hand what should my next step be?

#1296 Molly B.

• 16,458 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

Okay just received paper work from Cook County saying that my record has been expunged, I'm currently waiting on the paperwork from the state of Illinois and the FBI saying the samething. After I get those in hand what should my next step be?

Wait at least 60 days, 90 days better and then request a background check with the ISP Bureau of Investigation with fingerprints to make sure there is NOTHING left on your record.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#1297 athullen88

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

Has anyone had any luck reapplying? I was denied in 2014 by the board (before there was a formal appeals process). I read that you can have your online application reset and reapply. I've called for the last 3 weeks and have been unable to get anyone on the phone. I've also emailed ASK_CCL@isp.state.il.us twice and still haven't received a response for almost 3 weeks now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#1298 Molly B.

• 16,458 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

Has anyone had any luck reapplying? I was denied in 2014 by the board (before there was a formal appeals process). I read that you can have your online application reset and reapply. I've called for the last 3 weeks and have been unable to get anyone on the phone. I've also emailed ASK_CCL@isp.state.il.us twice and still haven't received a response for almost 3 weeks now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Before reapplying, it is very important to get your record expunged, if that is possible.  Have you done that yet?

#1299 athullen88

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:18 PM

Before reapplying, it is very important to get your record expunged, if that is possible.  Have you done that yet?

As far as I know I don't have a record. I've never been arrested or had any legal problems. I was very surprised when my application was denied in 2014. My FOID is valid and I pass background checks...

#1300 Molly B.

• 16,458 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

As far as I know I don't have a record. I've never been arrested or had any legal problems. I was very surprised when my application was denied in 2014. My FOID is valid and I pass background checks...

Unless it was a case of mistaken identity, if you have anything that might show up on a police report - would not have to be a result of an arrest or conviction - just a report of any kind, there are some law enforcement agencies using those reports to file an objection.  You might consider having a background check run to see if anything shows up.

Two ways to get state and FBI rap sheet:

Any individual may approach any Illinois law enforcement or correctional facility or licensed fingerprint vendor agency during regular business hours for the purpose of obtaining the individual's criminal history transcript through Illinois’ Access and Review process.

http://www.isp.state...ingchrircds.cfm

Illinois State Police, Bureau of Identification in Joliet. They will run a background check for you

(815) 740-5160

#1301 athullen88

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:42 PM

[quote name="Molly B." post="1208133" timestamp="1555534209"][quote name="athullen88" post="1208126" timestamp="1555532308"]
[quote name="Molly B." post="1208124" timestamp="1555531224"]
[quote name="athullen88" post="1208088" timestamp="1555517517"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless it was a case of mistaken identity, if you have anything that might show up on a police report - would not have to be a result of an arrest or conviction - just a report of any kind, there are some law enforcement agencies using those reports to file an objection.  You might consider having a background check run to see if anything shows up.

Two ways to get state and FBI rap sheet:
Any individual may approach any Illinois law enforcement or correctional facility or licensed fingerprint vendor agency during regular business hours for the purpose of obtaining the individual's criminal history transcript through Illinois’ Access and Review process.

http://www.isp.state...ingchrircds.cfm

Illinois State Police, Bureau of Identification in Joliet. They will run a background check for you
(815) 740-5160
[/quote]

I’ll do that tomorrow and see if anything comes back. Thanks Molly!

#1302 athullen88

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

I got my ISP background check back today and it returned nothing on my record. I still have no clue why I was denied back in 2014. What is the best way now to reapplying? I still cant seem to get any response from the ISP.

#1303 KENDLLB360

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:04 PM

Anybody else try to log on and see that the site will be down for maintenance again? What exactly kind of maintenance could they possibly be doing when my status still hasnt changed?!!

#1304 cnwfan3

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:09 PM

I got my ISP background check back today and it returned nothing on my record. I still have no clue why I was denied back in 2014. What is the best way now to reapplying? I still cant seem to get any response from the ISP.

I had this exact issue in 2014 when I applied.  In my case, it was a case of mistaken identity.  The Cook County sheriff objected to me (I was Darted!) and the objection was upheld by the board.  The board didn't bother to verify my identity with the objection (The person had the same first and last name, but middle name, address, etc was all different).  The person who they objected to had a restraining order filed against them.  It was a big mess and I had to file, I think it was, an administrative review (or whatever they called it in the CCL process for appealing the boards decision).  I had to hire a lawyer and he did take care or it (and I finally did get my CCL 6 months later).  Of course it cost me a bunch of $$ but my main concern was that if I was mistakenly denied, that my foid would get revoked.  So my point is that mistaken identity DOES happen.  If you are positive you have never had any run ins with law enforcement, it is definitely possible that it is a case of mistaken identity.  At least now the board will contact you for more information if you get objected to before you are outright denied (which was not the process when I went under board review and was denied).  Good luck if you reapply.

#1305 Colt guy

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:16 PM

Just amazing that they did not even bother to verify your/their middle name , address etc. With all the info you give on the application there is no excuse for that.
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#1306 cnwfan3

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:40 AM

Just amazing that they did not even bother to verify your/their middle name , address etc. With all the info you give on the application there is no excuse for that.

And to top it off, I submitted prints.  Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to this state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users