liberty gun safe

vstar

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

C-rock posts that classic video.

First off, anchor your safe to the floor, securely, using Redhead bolts or similar. If they can't tip it, they can't gain the leverage to do what they do in that video. Also, if you can, put it in a smaller room so they don't have room to work with big tools.

Second, any safe will stop all but a determined thief. The smash and grab punk or the in and out artist will be thwarted by anything more substantial than a Homak and even then, that will stop them if they can't find any tools handy to go to work on that.

Lastly, don't store too terribly much in any given container.

I know a guy who's got six figures in cash, along with a few hundred Kruggerands and lots of other stuff we can only dream of. But he's got it split up in several high-security jeweler's safes and the guns in regular gun safes.

Oh yeah, you haven't lived until you've held a quarter million in your hands...

And I wouldn't advise against pulling up with a flatbed and a forktruck. This fella used to play with things that go bang during his time in the service. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if his safes aren't rigged to go boom if moved.

John

ETA: I've got Liberty's (ETA: Make that a Ft. Knox) big safe. 5/8" armor plate on exterior of front door. Then again, it weighs a mere 1990ish pounds. Empty.

Yea - those containers are not any more secure than the one's at walmart, Farm and Fleet, dicks, etc.

If you are in the market for something to keep undetermined folks out, the stackon seems to be a pretty cost effective choice.

That being said, the centurion is better than nothing. Just bolt it somewhere discrete.

If you have other expectations you probably want to look elsewhere and expect to pay 5 times as much. Someone online had a clever idea of keeping a cheapo firesafe in the closet on the top shelf. In it some pennies and fake paperwork, maybe a few rocks. The thief will take the small safe and run to open elsewhere, and perhaps miss out on the real treasures in your house.

Lowes has a liberty centurion safE on sale 300 and with a 10off I can get for 270. Does anyone have experience with this safe?

Good luck finding it! Not available on lowes.com or at 6 of the stores I checked near me.

Dave

Not sure where you are located, but I've seen this safe at lowes in oswego. It has a big chip (1.5 inches) on the lower, rear, right hand corner.

Lowes has a liberty centurion safE on sale 300 and with a 10off I can get for 270. Does anyone have experience with this safe?

Good luck finding it! Not available on lowes.com or at 6 of the stores I checked near me.

Dave

Not sure where you are located, but I've seen this safe at lowes in oswego. It has a big chip (1.5 inches) on the lower, rear, right hand corner.

If you have seen it there get it! According to the Lowes site Oswego is out of stock, as are B-brook, Naperville, New Lenox etc.

If it has some damage and it's the floor model see if they will take another 10% off

Dave

If you have seen it there get it! According to the Lowes site Oswego is out of stock, as are B-brook, Naperville, New Lenox etc.

If it has some damage and it's the floor model see if they will take another 10% off

Dave

I may be by there this evening. I'll see if its still there, but I'm not in the market for anything at this time. I was only mentioning it in case someone else wanted it.

Archived