From ISP - Masks and Concealed Carry

Molly B.

• 1 month later...

Hi there folks I understand the mask but how about a clear face mask? I can't wear a mask because of med problems but I do wear a clear face shield is that a problem or dose any one know? Maybe Molly can answer this one or did I miss the answer some where ?

Thanks and be Shure to VOTE

“The Governor’s Executive Order regarding the wearing of masks or protective facial coverings in public settings during this serious global pandemic was not intended to negatively impact permit holders under the Illinois Concealed Carry Act while legally carrying firearms. The Executive Order does not require or suggest that law enforcement should arrest or criminally charge conceal carry license permit holders for wearing protective masks while in public as long as they are complying with the other provisions of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act and are not committing any other violations of Illinois law. ISP has confidence that law enforcement officers across the state will use appropriate judgment and that elected State’s Attorneys will likewise exercise sound prosecutorial discretion.”

Wearing a protective mask while legally carrying in Illinois is A-OK.

A clear face shield is a protective facial covering.

Hi there folks I understand the mask but how about a clear face mask? I can't wear a mask because of med problems but I do wear a clear face shield is that a problem or dose any one know? Maybe Molly can answer this one or did I miss the answer some where ?

Thanks and be Shure to VOTE

“The Governor’s Executive Order regarding the wearing of masks or protective facial coverings in public settings during this serious global pandemic was not intended to negatively impact permit holders under the Illinois Concealed Carry Act while legally carrying firearms. The Executive Order does not require or suggest that law enforcement should arrest or criminally charge conceal carry license permit holders for wearing protective masks while in public as long as they are complying with the other provisions of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act and are not committing any other violations of Illinois law. ISP has confidence that law enforcement officers across the state will use appropriate judgment and that elected State’s Attorneys will likewise exercise sound prosecutorial discretion.”

Wearing a protective mask while legally carrying in Illinois is A-OK.

A clear face shield is a protective facial covering.

Thanks for you both clearing that up.

Archived